Sinn Fein TD: 'IRA did hold kangaroo courts'

Started by barryqwalsh, October 18, 2014, 02:29:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

barryqwalsh

Dublin TD Dessie Ellis also admitted IRA volunteers were not equipped to deal with allegations of sexual assault or rape such as those made by Mairia Cahill.  "If an allegation was made against a volunteer it would have to be investigated,” he said. "I don't want to comment on specific cases but it would have happened.

"To be honest they were not qualified to deal with something like sexual abuse," he added. Mr Ellis's comments follows widespread calls for the Sinn Fein president Gerry Adams to address fresh claims that the IRA and Sinn Fein covered up sex abuse allegations made against their members.

http://independent.ie/irish-news/sinn-fein-td-ira-did-hold-kangaroo-courts-30673567.html

RealSpiritof98

I have a hatred toward the catholic church towards this stuff.

But........ The IRA fought a war against the British establishment for many years. Oh let th3e sectret out....... they didnt trust the cops with a crime................... Since Labour has been ousted the blue brits have tried to diminish the the republican movements importance bit by bit . They are trying to dismantle the progress that has been made. The Tories will only want to line the pockets of war mongers and that mind theres £50 million less going onto their cronies pockets from the withdrawal from NI. From the tories took over theres been nothing but hostility whether disguised or not toward shared power. its led to Peter 'the great' and his people to stick the heels in no matter what was agreed by SIR IAIN, a 2015 parliamentary election is on the horizon and the 'dumder' eton brigade need to keep a majority and the DUP are willing partners if they need be.

foxcommander

Quote from: barryqwalsh on October 18, 2014, 02:29:24 AM
Dublin TD Dessie Ellis also admitted IRA volunteers were not equipped to deal with allegations of sexual assault or rape such as those made by Mairia Cahill.  "If an allegation was made against a volunteer it would have to be investigated," he said. "I don't want to comment on specific cases but it would have happened.

"To be honest they were not qualified to deal with something like sexual abuse," he added. Mr Ellis's comments follows widespread calls for the Sinn Fein president Gerry Adams to address fresh claims that the IRA and Sinn Fein covered up sex abuse allegations made against their members.

http://independent.ie/irish-news/sinn-fein-td-ira-did-hold-kangaroo-courts-30673567.html

What's your take on this Barry?
Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

barryqwalsh

SF/IRA's policy was agree or else!. We can dress it in all romantic Irish nonsense we want, but there never was a justification, moral or political, for their evil crimes.

foxcommander

Quote from: barryqwalsh on October 18, 2014, 06:09:04 AM
SF/IRA's policy was agree or else!. We can dress it in all romantic Irish nonsense we want, but there never was a justification, moral or political, for their evil crimes.

SF/IRA ? Are you Gregory Campbell? Something stinks barry and the bang is coming from your direction....

Ulick

Of course they had their own courts. The procedure under which they operated has been in public record for decades:

http://cain.ulst.ac.uk/othelem/organ/ira/ira_green_book.htm

muppet

While not commenting on whether on not there is any truth to the story, the last time a story like this came out it was certainly orchestrated. It was the story about Gerry's brother and was quickly followed by the Iris story. There was even rumours of more scandal.

But suddenly everyone went into Stormont and progress was made.
MWWSI 2017

imtommygunn

Robinson going to visit the woman on monday. Quite sickening to see victims of this kind of thing be used for political gain >:(

Maguire01

Quote from: imtommygunn on October 18, 2014, 02:42:17 PM
Robinson going to visit the woman on monday. Quite sickening to see victims of this kind of thing be used for political gain >:(
Ms Cahill seems like a very intelligent woman. I don't think she's being used at all.

armaghniac

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

lynchbhoy

Quote from: barryqwalsh on October 18, 2014, 06:09:04 AM
You sound like yet another knowledgeable individual - quoting directly from a cross between the Tory /unionist manifesto and the beano !

Another WUM

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Maguire01 on October 18, 2014, 03:37:36 PM
Ms Cahill seems like a very intelligent woman. I don't think she's being used at all.
Poor girl is being used by every anti sf or anti Republican Party north and south!
For Cheap political gain!

Ok I don't know the facts and right now my sympathy lies with her.
I don't think any sane girl would make that up
I could be wrong.
If she's right then the culprit should have been court martialed and shot

Maguire01

Quote from: lynchbhoy on October 18, 2014, 07:14:56 PM
Poor girl is being used by every anti sf or anti Republican Party north and south!

I could be wrong.
I think she's the one using the politicians. She seems far too switched on for it to be the alternative. Thats not to say that SF's opponents won't make the most of it.

foxcommander

http://www.rte.ie/news/2014/1018/653259-mairia-cahill/

So she's having a meeting with Enda Kenny. Is he a trained councilor in this field?
Does it mean he regularly has visits from rape victims to hear their story? Unlikely. She's not even one of his constituents.

Being honest - This lady is being handed over to every single political party for a turn at publicity. Whether she thinks this is actually going to achieve something for her is a different story, depends on what retribution she is looking for.
FG/Labour etc cream themselves over any opportunity to smear SF's name.

There has been a recent case in Dublin of a woman falsely accusing someone of similar - she might go to jail for telling fibs. So it does happen..then you get into the Ched Evans case...
http://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/crime/brazilian-student-charged-making-false-4172517

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Maguire01 on October 18, 2014, 07:26:32 PM
Quote from: lynchbhoy on October 18, 2014, 07:14:56 PM

I could be wrong.
I think she's the one using the politicians. She seems far too switched on for it to be the alternative. Thats not to say that SF's opponents won't make the most of it.
Really????

God love her. She must be desperate to do this.

But these politicians are as low as my opinion of them always was!
Disgusting. Opportunist . Point scoring.
Doesn't mask their incompetence though.

At least you and your party have not indulged maguire. The sdlp actually being decent by holding back!