Sinn Fein TD: 'IRA did hold kangaroo courts'

Started by barryqwalsh, October 18, 2014, 02:29:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gallsman

Quote from: Jim_Murphy_74 on October 20, 2014, 10:14:54 AM
Quote from: lynchbhoy on October 19, 2014, 10:24:48 AM
Quote from: barryqwalsh on October 19, 2014, 05:02:54 AM
Whatever you say, let's agree to disagree.
I never have an issue with people's different opinions

However you cross the line of fact and merge it with hysterical spin when you say things like lumping sf in with the IRA.
It's just plain wrong

Is it not true to since the IRA "left the scene" that a number of activists moved over to Sinn Féin?

It is of course true, but some board members don't let facts get in the way of a good rant.

LeoMc

Quote from: gallsman on October 20, 2014, 11:10:06 AM

However you cross the line of fact and merge it with hysterical spin when you say things like lumping sf in with the IRA.
It's just plain wrong

Is it not true to since the IRA "left the scene" that a number of activists moved over to Sinn Féin?

It is of course true, but some board members don't let facts get in the way of a good rant.

Is it not true to since the RUC "left the scene" that a number of activists moved over to the PSNI?

Jim_Murphy_74

Quote from: LeoMc on October 20, 2014, 11:18:18 AM
Quote from: gallsman on October 20, 2014, 11:10:06 AM

It's just plain wrong

Is it not true to since the RUC "left the scene" that a number of activists moved over to the PSNI?

Possibly but hardly relevant to this discussion. 

My point is that if some members who interrogated this girl moved from the IRA to Sinn Féin after the IRA "left the scene" then she is being truthful when she says there are people in Sinn Féin who know the truth.

/Jim

Fíor Gael

Am I the only one who thinks her story doesnt add up?

Jeepers Creepers

The stories/allegations are coming fast & thick. If your in a newsagent in the north have a glance at the Daily mirror headline. Strange goings on...

lynchbhoy

It's just plain wrong

I think that this is why this lady is claiming that there are people in Sinn Féin that know what went on.  So she is saying that you can't have Gerry, Dessie Ellis et al. all going round saying the know these things happened but can't comment on them.  Given her family history she will know individuals and seems to have some in mind.

I listened to her on Newstalk this morning and I have to say she sounds very creditable.  Her critique of Adams' Blog suggested she has a bone to pick and isn't going to let it go.  She pointed out that her alleged attacker was involved in Restorative Justice schemes which Adams praised in his blog.  She went as far as saying he did this to have a cut at here.

Also she said the usual measures won't work:
1)  She said no efforts by republicans to discredit her will drive her away because she has already gone out on a limb and very public.   
2)  She said she is going to all parties so that no one can saw she is being politically manipulated
3)  She said there are others that are going to come out of woodwork.

So I think Adams and Shinners are either telling the truth or else have to hope that she loses airtime before no. 3 comes to pass.

/Jim.
without knowing the full story myself..
I also think it sounds like she is credible and has a case in terms of being abused.

however,
she hasn't gone to sf like she has gone to the big political parties (she has not gone to them all....), the political parties are jumping on this just to try and discredit sf rather than helping this poor girl.
so it is a political stunt like the parties.
I also think that this is now turning into a stunt to try and feck up sf's inroads into power in the south (and upset them in the north).
the catholic church took a huge hit from the abuse scandals, so it might work again here on sf ......

jim , what would activists be doing in sf - there is no activism. unless putting up posters is the new bombmaking !!
we are lucky this girl didn't say that there were people in the GAA that knew the story - as it would prob be as apt and as relevant!
Maybe the boy scouts or Tesco's will be in as much trouble as sf!! if they have people that also know the story.

it has fcuk all to do with sf.
the guilty party should be outed and arrested by police
(though wasn't he already tried and they made a 'balls up' of the case - so legally nothing can now be done??)

Denn Forever

Quotehowever,
she hasn't gone to sf like she has gone to the big political parties (she has not gone to them all....)

I thought she'd gone to SF and is going to the other parties so that they can apply pressure (on who?).

Still don't know she hopes will happen.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

T Fearon

Did Skippy ever appear in any of these courts?

orangeman

rosnarun

i cannot understand much like the church cases is why anyone would expect SF to investigate Rape Cases ?
and what would she expect them to do if they did investigate find im guilty and punish him? or report it to the Cops? if so why would she not have gone to the cops herself?

why any one would  report a crime to the orgamization they are complaining about is beyound me
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

seafoid

Sinn Fein TD: 'IRA did hold kangaroo courts'

Pope also "suspected of defecating in wooded areas"
Bears "may be catholic" 

mikehunt

Quote from: rosnarun on October 21, 2014, 01:57:07 PM
i cannot understand much like the church cases is why anyone would expect SF to investigate Rape Cases ?
and what would she expect them to do if they did investigate find im guilty and punish him? or report it to the Cops? if so why would she not have gone to the cops herself?

why any one would  report a crime to the orgamization they are complaining about is beyound me

She didn't tell them. She told a couple of friends and word got to the IRA and they basically arrested and questioned her.

armaghniac

Perhaps because they might shoot you for reporting them to the RUC?
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

johnneycool

Quote from: armaghniac on October 21, 2014, 03:08:59 PM

Perhaps because they might shoot you for reporting them to the RUC?

And that the RUC will do SFA other than try and get more information out of you about their goings on rather than the offence you want investigated especially if you're Joe Cahill's Grand Niece.

The girl had no one to turn to.