Ireland To Gaza 3

Started by give her dixie, September 15, 2010, 09:51:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

funtime frankie

Ádh mór ort Dixie. Keep the head down

Nally Stand

Typical rush to start political point scoring on a thread about a humanitarian aid mission. I notice that article was dated 31st August which suggests you went on a 'googling' mission to find anything which might help you turn this thread into a "whataboutery" political discussion.

Yes Minder, I do condemn that as it is an attack on civilians. I condemn it absolutely. I'm not however, going to bury my head in the sand and portray it as violence for the sake of violence by mindless psychopaths. I prefer to remember the circumstances which has led to such extreme actions occurring, and the anger amongst Palestinians for illegal settlers who live on land which continues to be stolen from them by extreme force.

I also note that the article says this was the "the deadliest attack by militants in the West Bank for more than a year". It's a huge pity Israeli crimes weren't so uncommon.
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

Minder

I posted that article a couple of weeks ago on one of the gaza threads. It hardly got a mention, I wonder why?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

give her dixie

Quote from: Minder on September 15, 2010, 03:38:11 PM
Quote from: Minder on September 15, 2010, 03:37:06 PM
Nally and Dixie you will have no problems condemning this I take it -

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/middleeast/israel/7974034/Pregnant-woman-among-four-killed-in-shooting-on-West-Bank.html

Minder, I condem the murder of ANY civillian, whether it is in Gaza, Galbally, Georgia, Greece, or wherever.
Any person with human compassion would as well.
next stop, September 10, for number 4......

seafoid

Quote from: Tyrones own on September 15, 2010, 01:59:41 PM
Na but it sounds much better though doesn't it... the fact that there has to be so much exaggeration on here
to shine the worst possible light on the Israelis is troubling to say the least ::)
why not just state facts if it's as bad as ye say it is :-\
[/quote]

Here is a small sample

100913 65.1 percent of Jerusalem's Palestinian residents live below the poverty line, as compared with 30.8 percent of the city's Jewish population; and 74.4 percent of the Palestinian children in Jerusalem live below the poverty line, as compared to 45.1 percent of the city's Jewish children.

The Great Middle East Peace Process Scam · There Is No Peace Process
http://www.lrb.co.uk/v29/n16/sieg01_.html

read the following on Israel's secret prison where no Red Cross is allowed to see prisoners held by Israel.
http://www.hamoked.org.il/items/1044_eng.pdf

The closure of Gaza has failed. It The result has been catastrophic: 70% of Gazans live on under $1 a day, 60% have no daily access to water, only 23 of 3,900 industrial enterprises are operational

According to UN statistics, from 2000-2008, the Israeli military killed 2677 Palestinians in the Gaza Strip. In the same period, 11 Israelis were killed by Palestinian home-made rockets. During the bombings of Gaza in 2008-2009, over 1400 Palestinians and five Israelis were killed.

For more on the Israeli onslaught on olive trees:
http://www.ameu.org/printer.asp?iid=289&aid=617

100602 , the actor and comedian David Schneider wrote on Twitter: "As a Jew, Israel's like a close family member who's hooked on heroin and you just don't know what to do with them any more."

Start by reading the Background information on torture in Israel. http://www.btselem.org/english/Torture/Index.asp Then, work your way down the menu on the right, down to Interrogation Regime [routine] http://www.btselem.org/english/torture/interrogation_regime.asp
For a brief summary of what the tortured are subjected to, consider these Special Interrogation Methods.
http://www.btselem.org/english/torture/special_interrogation_methods.asp

Exports have dwindled, with only about 260 trucks full of goods leaving Gaza since June 2007 in total, as compared to the some 70 trucks that had departed the strip on a daily basis before then.

There is plenty more if you want it.

magpie seanie

Wasting your time seafoid. Unless Fox News say it then it didn't happen.

Tyrones own

Quote from: give her dixie on September 15, 2010, 04:26:19 PM
Quote from: Minder on September 15, 2010, 03:38:11 PM
Quote from: Minder on September 15, 2010, 03:37:06 PM
Nally and Dixie you will have no problems condemning this I take it -

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/middleeast/israel/7974034/Pregnant-woman-among-four-killed-in-shooting-on-West-Bank.html

Minder, I condem the murder of ANY civillian, whether it is in Gaza, Galbally, Georgia, Greece, or wherever.
Any person with human compassion would as well.
You Do ??? Ah Right....Just Not On Here Though, Right John?
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

Tyrones own

Quote from: magpie seanie on September 15, 2010, 04:44:19 PM
Wasting your time seafoid. Unless Fox News say it then it didn't happen.

Get out to hell outta that ye f**king eejit ye...could ye at least pay heed to
some of the more seasoned blinkered haters here and perhaps follow their
lead rather than showing yourself up for the echo chambered dunder head
that you clearly are  :D
Face it Seanie...you have absolutely nothing do ye  ::)
*ps. Maybe you should stick to the Man U thread..ye do seem to be able to hold your own
over there surprisingly :-\ outside of that though...not so good I'm afraid :-X
  - Walter Lippmann

Nally Stand

Tyrone's Own, could you give some sort of reply to the points made in Seafoid's post? The statistics he highlights perfectly demonstrate why Israel doesn't have too many friendly voices on the board and in Ireland. The following line sums up the pathetic attempts of a minority of apologists for Israel who continually make excuses based on "Palestinian rocket attacks":

"According to UN statistics, from 2000-2008, the Israeli military killed 2677 Palestinians in the Gaza Strip. In the same period, 11 Israelis were killed by Palestinian home-made rockets. During the bombings of Gaza in 2008-2009, over 1400 Palestinians and five Israelis were killed."

And Minder I didn't see that post the last time, but I cannot speak for the rest of the board for their lack of interest. But since you already raised it before on a different thread, is it right to assume that you raised it again for the sake of stirring up "whataboutery" on a thread about a humanitarian aid effort?
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

mylestheslasher

TO - Is there any chance you might f**k off to another thread with your pathetic bullshit - your an embarrassment to Tyrone and Ireland.

Best of luck John, keep safe and I hope you and your aid get to the people that need it. Also remember there are 100 decent people on here wishing you well for every p***k like TO who scoffs at you.

Hedley Lamarr

Best of luck Dixie, hope all goes well, have a safe trip.

TO, I don't know or care what Dixie has done to offend you or your beliefs, but at least give credit to someone who is attempting to bring humanatarian aid to people who are suffering, irrespective of their religion.
I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed:

Baile an tuaigh

mian mhuintir uile na Gaeilge turas go Gaza sábháilte. Cad é an rud atá á dhéanamh acu ar fad cheart dúinn a bheith bródúil as. Na soláthairtí á dtabhairt isteach sa chuid is mó go bhfuil leabhair scoile agus leigheas. Is é an bochtanas i nGaza níos measa ná Rawanda le beagnach seasca faoin gcéad den daonra a mhaireann ar 43 cent in aghaidh an lae.

Tyrones own

Quote from: Hedley Lamarr on September 15, 2010, 07:24:46 PM
Best of luck Dixie, hope all goes well, have a safe trip.

TO, I don't know or care what Dixie has done to offend you or your beliefs, but at least give credit to someone who is attempting to bring humanatarian aid to people who are suffering, irrespective of their religion.
Hey absolutely, credit where it is due no doubt...However The man carries with him way too much blinkered hatred and for someone who marches proudly under the banner of humanitarianism
I can't take to that nor do I have to and will defend my stance on it even if that means having my back against a wall fending off 10 or 12 of ye at a time hurling insults and assumptions :-\

And Lets get something straight here for the umpteenth time... I'm well aware that the Israelis are heavy handed in the extreme but how dare ye boy's come on here and read this story book from the most obscene skewed view point and not expect to be pulled up on it...even if it means I go it alone to highlight it! This board isn't a popularity contest for me here in case ye hadn't noticed.

Questions; is Israel alone in the blocking of aid to Gaza? and does Hamas bare no blunt at all for the plight of the innocent Palestinian people?
  - Walter Lippmann

give her dixie

Quote from: Baile an tuaigh on September 15, 2010, 08:01:41 PM
mian mhuintir uile na Gaeilge turas go Gaza sábháilte. Cad é an rud atá á dhéanamh acu ar fad cheart dúinn a bheith bródúil as. Na soláthairtí á dtabhairt isteach sa chuid is mó go bhfuil leabhair scoile agus leigheas. Is é an bochtanas i nGaza níos measa ná Rawanda le beagnach seasca faoin gcéad den daonra a mhaireann ar 43 cent in aghaidh an lae.

Stunning photograph, and the 2 men have done an excellent job so far.
They have collected an amazing amount of aid, and it will be going to good use when it arrives.
Antrim, and Ireland, can be very proud of their work and commitment.

I will be looking forward to meeting them on Friday before we set off together, and it will be an honour to cross the border at Rafah with them in a few weeks.
next stop, September 10, for number 4......

Nally Stand

I may repeat myself:

Tyrone's Own, could you give some sort of reply to the points made in Seafoid's post? The statistics he highlights perfectly demonstrate why Israel doesn't have too many friendly voices on the board and in Ireland. The following line sums up the pathetic attempts of a minority of apologists for Israel who continually make excuses based on "Palestinian rocket attacks":

"According to UN statistics, from 2000-2008, the Israeli military killed 2677 Palestinians in the Gaza Strip. In the same period, 11 Israelis were killed by Palestinian home-made rockets. During the bombings of Gaza in 2008-2009, over 1400 Palestinians and five Israelis were killed."