Diesel Dippers

Started by offtheground, April 15, 2010, 08:43:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Feckitt

Is the fine still only £500?  Sure that is no deterrent at all.  I would have £500 saved in no time if I was on the red

tyrone girl

Was £500 when i was caught but that was few years ago now

WeeDonns

Just out of interest Tyrone Girl, what was the process?
Where were you caught, did they take the car or just give you a fine etc?

Have you made the £500 back yet?  ;)

aontroim abu

For those on Facebook there's a page called Northern Ireland Traffic Watch, it's very good for letting you know where accidents and trtaffic jams are, but also for telling you where the Dippers are and where speed cameras have been set up. Morally not right but morals don't come into it when you've bills to pay

BennyCake

Quote from: aontroim abu on May 23, 2013, 09:32:01 AM
For those on Facebook there's a page called Northern Ireland Traffic Watch, it's very good for letting you know where accidents and trtaffic jams are, but also for telling you where the Dippers are and where speed cameras have been set up. Morally not right but morals don't come into it when you've bills to pay

Balls to morals! I thought those sort of pages were closed down?

All of a Sludden

The idiot running those pages has been banned from driving for life. He is before the courts on a regular basis. I think the Gardai get as much info from these pages as the people using them to avoid checkpoints.
I'm gonna show you as gently as I can how much you don't know.

aontroim abu

Quote from: All of a Sludden on May 23, 2013, 12:57:34 PM

The idiot running those pages has been banned from driving for life. He is before the courts on a regular basis. I think the Gardai get as much info from these pages as the people using them to avoid checkpoints.

It's still up and running, seems to have several different mods who post up what others send them. I use it from time to time to check traffic jams etc, its actually not too bad

omagh_gael

Have heard that there's a large squad of them staying in Coalisland. All you rasberryade drivers in the west beware.

Gaffer

There is no way they would be made welcome in the 'Island
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

orangeman

Quote from: omagh_gael on September 17, 2013, 04:32:39 PM
Have heard that there's a large squad of them staying in Coalisland. All you rasberryade drivers in the west beware.

Now that's what you call changed times - in Coalisland of all places where not one parking ticket was given out in the history of traffic wardens.

Gaffer

Have never seen a traffic warden in the Island.

TV Licence men were another extinct group around the town.

tyrone girl

They were dipping at the roundabout in clonoe the other day for a good while so they might not be far away!

Gaffer

Seen the day when they wouldn't have dared shown their dippers in Clonoe.

Times have changed.

Good god they ll be in Meenagh Park next !!!!

J OGorman

squad of renegades stopping outside the Elk (South Derry)

Main Street

Earlier in the thread it was mentioned that it was illegal to use green or red diesel in the territory of the UK, but the diesel dippers only check for illegal usage of the red.
Is that so, that they don't check for green in the North?