Diesel Dippers

Started by offtheground, April 15, 2010, 08:43:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NAG1

Must be a serious operation going on around the border at the minute on the fuel launderers.

Had heard there was a massive influx of customs HMRC in recent days.

EC Unique

On the radio this morning. Dawn raids on all the Gangstas in Armagh and Louth.

I would say this is a result of the Garda shooting a couple of months ago.

All of a Sludden

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-21766952

Major cross border operation against illegal fuel trade

Customs officials and police from Northern Ireland are involved in a huge cross-border operation against illegal fuel laundering and organised crime.

More than 300 staff are involved in the operation, including more than 100 personnel from Northern Ireland.

It is being led by the Republic's Criminal Assets Bureau (CAB).

On Wednesday morning, 19 searches were carried out in Louth, Monaghan, Dublin, Kildare, Waterford, Offaly, Roscommon, Westmeath, Meath and Tipperary.

Ten businesses, seven houses and two warehouses were searched.

The investigation, known as Operation Loft, is being conducted jointly with the Republic's Office of the Revenue Commissioners and Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs (HMRC).

It is being supported by the Garda (Irish police) Air Support Unit and the Air Corps and special police units on both sides of the border.

In a statement, the gardai said the investigation is focused on the suspected involvement of an organised crime group based in County Louth.

"The objectives of the operation are to seize evidence of assets deriving from oil fraud and money laundering, seize and dismantle illegal oil operations, seize cash or other assets including vehicles used in the criminal activity and to freeze bank accounts," the statement added.
I'm gonna show you as gently as I can how much you don't know.

All of a Sludden

Quote from: EC Unique on March 13, 2013, 09:35:50 AM

They seem to be hoping that someone will give the gang up, a lot of doors have been kicked in over the last few weeks, but strangely none of the suspected gang members have been visited.
I'm gonna show you as gently as I can how much you don't know.

NAG1

Quote from: All of a Sludden on March 13, 2013, 09:42:40 AM
Quote from: EC Unique on March 13, 2013, 09:35:50 AM

They seem to be hoping that someone will give the gang up, a lot of doors have been kicked in over the last few weeks, but strangely none of the suspected gang members have been visited.

Had a feeling that it might be more about that than the fuel, its just an added bonus. Also I wonder would the Garda be so concerned about this if the country werent on its knees.

EC Unique

Once these guys start loosing a pile of money I would expect arrests on the murder case soon enough. Money is their God. I wonder will any GAA players be involved?

LeoMc

Quote from: All of a Sludden on March 13, 2013, 09:37:33 AM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-21766952

Major cross border operation against illegal fuel trade

Customs officials and police from Northern Ireland are involved in a huge cross-border operation against illegal fuel laundering and organised crime.

More than 300 staff are involved in the operation, including more than 100 personnel from Northern Ireland.

It is being led by the Republic's Criminal Assets Bureau (CAB).

On Wednesday morning, 19 searches were carried out in Louth, Monaghan, Dublin, Kildare, Waterford, Offaly, Roscommon, Westmeath, Meath and Tipperary.

Ten businesses, seven houses and two warehouses were searched.

The investigation, known as Operation Loft, is being conducted jointly with the Republic's Office of the Revenue Commissioners and Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs (HMRC).

It is being supported by the Garda (Irish police) Air Support Unit and the Air Corps and special police units on both sides of the border.

In a statement, the gardai said the investigation is focused on the suspected involvement of an organised crime group based in County Louth.

"The objectives of the operation are to seize evidence of assets deriving from oil fraud and money laundering, seize and dismantle illegal oil operations, seize cash or other assets including vehicles used in the criminal activity and to freeze bank accounts," the statement added.

300 staff, 19 locations searched, bank accounts frozen and assets seized but no arrests?

Dougal Maguire

Quote from: EC Unique on March 13, 2013, 10:28:52 AM
Once these guys start loosing a pile of money I would expect arrests on the murder case soon enough. Money is their God. I wonder will any GAA players be involved?
. Even by your standards that's the most bizarre comment I've ever read
Careful now

BennyCake

Anyone roughly know the price of diesel around the border these days? The proper stuff, not the green  ;D

ranch

Quote from: EC Unique on March 13, 2013, 10:28:52 AM

Such a load of  cr*p.

BenDover

Quote from: BennyCake on May 22, 2013, 01:32:22 AM
Anyone roughly know the price of diesel around the border these days? The proper stuff, not the green  ;D
124.9 in Silverstream, thats what a sign in Armagh states.

Mickey Linden

Has anyone on here ever been caught on red? I wonder what the fine is these days?

BennyCake

Quote from: Mickey Linden on May 22, 2013, 11:38:59 AM
Has anyone on here ever been caught on red? I wonder what the fine is these days?

£500 I believe.

armaghniac

QuoteAnyone roughly know the price of diesel around the border these days? The proper stuff, not the green

It is debatable how much "proper" stuff there is on sale around the border these days, most of it started life as green.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B