Good Points today - Tony Fearon

Started by spiritof91and94, April 01, 2008, 11:05:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

spiritof91and94

A very good letter by Tony Fearon in todays Irish News - this should be sent to all involved in this stadia business - I for one wouldnt want to attend a GAA match in East Belfast.
Perhaps if someone could post this letter or Tony could paste it everyone will see his point....

T Fearon

Thank you! It is the support and admiration of my public that sustains me in my letter writing crusade ;D

saffron sam2

I know I shouldn't but it is April Fools' day.

QuoteSoccer hooligans say 'Goodbye' to Belfast Tony Fearon, Poyntzpass, Co Armagh
01/04/08

The mayhem caused by local soccer 'fans' (and their extremist British allies) in Belfast last Saturday should be conclusive proof of the folly of siting the proposed new sports stadium in Belfast.

What GAA fan, like myself, would feel safe in attending an event in any Belfast location, other than the west of the city, after that demonstration?

It should also be obvious now that the likes of Donegal Celtic and Cliftonville would be better off plying their trade in the Eircom League.

Look how successful this course has proved for Derry City and think of the crowds that would flock to north and west Belfast for the visits of the likes of Shamrock Rovers, Cork City, Bohemians etc.

Tony Fearon

Poyntzpass, Co Armagh

the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

SammyG

Quote from: saffron sam2 on April 01, 2008, 11:10:36 AM

QuoteSoccer hooligans say 'Goodbye' to Belfast Tony Fearon, Poyntzpass, Co Armagh
01/04/08

The mayhem caused by local soccer 'fans' (and their extremist British allies) in Belfast last Saturday should be conclusive proof of the folly of siting the proposed new sports stadium in Belfast.

What GAA fan, like myself, would feel safe in attending an event in any Belfast location, other than the west of the city, after that demonstration?

It should also be obvious now that the likes of Donegal Celtic and Cliftonville would be better off plying their trade in the Eircom League.

Look how successful this course has proved for Derry City and think of the crowds that would flock to north and west Belfast for the visits of the likes of Shamrock Rovers, Cork City, Bohemians etc.

Tony Fearon

Poyntzpass, Co Armagh

I see, Tony's going for the 'How many facts can you get wrong,in a single letter?' Award for the 20th consecutive year.

Gnevin

;) ;D
Good one , we won't tell them the truth either
Tonys stats
General discussion         779
GAA Discussion       57
Local GAA Discussion       13

A whole 70 GAA posts  ::)

And compared too SammyG

General discussion       1569
GAA Discussion       30

Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

Gnevin

Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

Apple Top

Quote from: Gnevin on April 01, 2008, 11:55:59 AM

;) ;D
Tonys stats
GAA Discussion       57

And compared too SammyG

GAA Discussion       30

A bizzare post, are you saying he isn't a GAA fan as his post tally is smaller in the GAA section than General discussion, which covers every other topic there is.  :-\

Tyrone Dreamer

The man spends most of his time talking about soccer and those games he attends. Based on what he says on here he attends at least ten times as many soccer games and talks about it ten times as much as the gaa. However, when it suits him he turns into a "gaa fan" to try and wind up the unionists or for some other purpose. Why didnt he speak as a Spurs shareholder or Glasgow Celtic fan which is obviously his first love.

bennydorano

Must say I admire Mr Fearon's doggedness, he just never gives up!   Keep up the middling work Tone!

5 Sams

Quote from: Apple Top on April 01, 2008, 08:42:55 PM

;) ;D
Tonys stats
GAA Discussion       57

And compared too SammyG

GAA Discussion       30

A bizzare post, are you saying he isn't a GAA fan as his post tally is smaller in the GAA section than General discussion, which covers every other topic there is.  :-\

I think your's is the bizarre post Apple Top. If you were around here long enough you would know what kind of amadan we are dealing with here.
The Aristocrat Years

stew

Quote from: 5 Sams on April 01, 2008, 11:27:53 PM

;) ;D
Tonys stats
GAA Discussion       57

And compared too SammyG

GAA Discussion       30

I think your's is the bizarre post Apple Top. If you were around here long enough you would know what kind of amadan we are dealing with here.

Amadan, a great word, it was used by someone yesterday, you obviously picked up on that. At least he doesnt threaten to fight the board members and go nut job on a few threads. are you still stalking pog 5 sams????? Amadan my arse.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

5 Sams

Quote from: stew on April 01, 2008, 11:30:27 PM
Quote from: 5 Sams on April 01, 2008, 11:27:53 PM

;) ;D
Tonys stats
GAA Discussion       57

And compared too SammyG

GAA Discussion       30

Amadan, a great word, it was used by someone yesterday, you obviously picked up on that. At least he doesnt threaten to fight the board members and go nut job on a few threads. are you still stalking pog 5 sams????? Amadan my arse.

Nope I have been using that word since I was a garsun....
The Aristocrat Years

T Fearon

Stew, I wonder why the Ballyholland bollix has never offered to fight me. In fact I am ware that he has been in places where I have been but has never approached me to exchange views for some reason?

Maybe he knows when to keep a low profile

corn02

Tone, gets too much abuse on the board.

Gnevin

Quote from: T Fearon on April 02, 2008, 10:50:24 AM
Stew, I wonder why the Ballyholland bollix has never offered to fight me. In fact I am ware that he has been in places where I have been but has never approached me to exchange views for some reason?

Maybe he knows when to keep a low profile
That's a no comment then is it?