TV3 is a ball of shite

Started by Nally Stand, April 27, 2011, 10:27:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nally Stand

Over the next three days, TV3 is allocating 11hrs 30mins to the British royal wedding. On friday, their coverage of the wedding in the daytime is scheduled to be lengthier than BBC who will at least stop for news and weather. I suppose it makes a change though in that usually they just broadcast whatever ITV are broadcasting at any given moment in time so why not copy bbc for the day as a little change.
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

lurganblue

I always thought tv3 was itv owned or something like that? Dunno where I got that from. They do show a powerful amount of dung though.

I don't have sky sports though and so I am glad they show champions league football

ONeill

It's a TV station for readers of the Irish Star, Mirror or Sun.

On another note, what are yiz all wearing on Friday?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

johnneycool

Quote from: ONeill on April 27, 2011, 11:01:41 AM

On another note, what are yiz all wearing on Friday?

How about you?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Nally Stand on April 27, 2011, 10:27:28 AM
Over the next three days, TV3 is allocating 11hrs 30mins to the British royal wedding. On friday, their coverage of the wedding in the daytime is scheduled to be lengthier than BBC who will at least stop for news and weather. I suppose it makes a change though in that usually they just broadcast whatever ITV are broadcasting at any given moment in time so why not copy bbc for the day as a little change.

Don't watch it, I'll be surprised it wont be bombed by the end of the week and its workers threaten for committing treason!!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Farrandeelin

Regarding the champions league soccer, I still find it hard to watch.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Farrandeelin on April 27, 2011, 11:16:17 AM

Its football, ya don't have to listen to them, turn it off and stick on five live
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 27, 2011, 11:24:28 AM

Its football, ya don't have to listen to them, turn it off and stick on five live

I don't get that channel here at all at all! USed get it when we got sky illegaly, but not now. :(
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

imtommygunn

Awful channel independent of this.

People will watch it though and it's their job to put on programmes people will watch.

On the subject of the royal wedding I flicked it over to itv this morning and bleakley said "us brits" love a good wedding ::)

Antrim Coaster

Fukcin terrible excuse for a TV station. Brutal.

Trevor Welch has to be the worst commentator EVER.

He commentated on one or two GAA matches and was a complete t*t.

Wouldnt be like them to devote hours on end to the German wedding as they are a West Brit partitionist, sorry excuse for a television station.

Minder

This fella is up for it well.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

quit yo jibbajabba

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 27, 2011, 11:24:28 AM

have to say, always wanted to try this, but never did.  Has anyone?
Would there not be like a half second difference in the pictures and the radio, thus spoiling things a bit??

Milltown Row2

works sometimes, but always works at Croke Park, i always bring the radio and listen to the commentary while watching the game and its never been a problem

Bingo

Now I'll not be watching it and will try my best to avoid it but you can be sure that it will actually attract a reasonable audience. It will be housewives heaven, the women hear at work are talking about it this last couple of days. TV3 are just trying to corner themselves a bit of the market.

On the whole TV3 is a cheap version of all the UK stations though - in terms of presenters and the same content.

ziggysego

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 27, 2011, 11:46:37 AM
works sometimes, but always works at Croke Park, i always bring the radio and listen to the commentary while watching the game and its never been a problem

It's the picture that is delayed, not the radio transmission. Radio will also work live at the match.

As for TV3, Royal Wedding or not, it's always been a shite channel. Very few programmes of quality on it.
Testing Accessibility