Roscommon vs. Mayo - Connacht SFC Semi-final (Dr. Hyde Park, June 8th 2014)

Started by Syferus, May 18, 2014, 05:14:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Will Andy transfer to his home county after such an insult?

Yes
10 (83.3%)
Yep
4 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Syferus

Words are not needed, but many will be spoken.

Shrewdness

Any predictions on how many pages this thread will reach. Time to head for home.

larryin89

I believe things happen every so often and Ross will beat Mayo in three weeks time.

We needed to freshen it up at least, we didn't and one positive out of a middlin league campaign was gibbons who is now injured with a broken ankle I'm told.

Roscommon have a far better forward line than ours and they will be fired up for this one like 2001, this is there chance to prove "the best is yet to come" and I have a horrible feeling they will.

Our line out is still the crux of what Horan started out with ,it's stale now at this stage . I will not forget the times this set up has given us the last three years , never in my wildest notions did I think we'd have a run like we have had coming out of Pearse park in 2010, yes we didn't win Sam but sure that's nothing new in these eras we have had since 88/89.

Roscommon by 4 points in an intense game is my prediction and for our boys to give it their all like they have done for three years now.
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

ross4life

So onto the next game Mayo arguably the 2nd best team in Ireland will be expected to win and win this game well. Competitive is the key word for us & if we are we'll see where it takes us.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

larryin89

Quote from: ross4life on May 18, 2014, 06:52:57 PM
So onto the next game Mayo arguably the 2nd best team in Ireland will be expected to win and win this game well. Competitive is the key word for us & if we are we'll see where it takes us.

Mayo are no longer second best team in the country, the Derry game proved that beyond doubt. We have ran our course and most people are starting to realise that,as said in previous ,they owe us nothing and have punched well above their weight as a team.

Where will Ross/ Galway final be held? Castlebar maybe?
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Syferus

Quote from: larryin89 on May 18, 2014, 06:57:22 PM
Quote from: ross4life on May 18, 2014, 06:52:57 PM

Mayo are no longer second best team in the country, the Derry game proved that beyond doubt. We have ran our course and most people are starting to realise that,as said in previous ,they owe us nothing and have punched well above their weight as a team.

Where will Ross/ Galway final be held? Castlebar maybe?

There's still time for the big P to swing this one for McHale too.

Would be fantastic if we got to the final and got a neutral venue, it's Galway's turn for a home game.

Shrewdness

Larry, as i read your posts, i could almost hear the violins in the background...Mayo beat Ros by 12 points a year ago. To reduce that deficit by half would probably be as good as we can hope for. Most people inside and outside the 2 counties expect nothing but a Mayo win.. The hope would be to avoid a collapse like last year, and have the team's spirits still up going into the qualifiers.

Chimley

Mayo will be vulnerable in this game. I think that the training this year will be geared towards peaking later in the summer and this is a true test that they might not be ready for. Evans will have his troops raring to go before a packed Hyde and that might be just enough to lower our colours.

Shrewdness

Chimley, i don't know about a packed Hyde. I expected a bigger crowd at the game today, considering the rivalry between the two counties.

Jinxy

Quote from: larryin89 on May 18, 2014, 06:31:28 PM
I believe things happen every so often and Ross will beat Mayo in three weeks time.

We needed to freshen it up at least, we didn't and one positive out of a middlin league campaign was gibbons who is now injured with a broken ankle I'm told.

Roscommon have a far better forward line than ours and they will be fired up for this one like 2001, this is there chance to prove "the best is yet to come" and I have a horrible feeling they will.

Our line out is still the crux of what Horan started out with ,it's stale now at this stage . I will not forget the times this set up has given us the last three years , never in my wildest notions did I think we'd have a run like we have had coming out of Pearse park in 2010, yes we didn't win Sam but sure that's nothing new in these eras we have had since 88/89.

Roscommon by 4 points in an intense game is my prediction and for our boys to give it their all like they have done for three years now.

This is precisely the level of profundity I expected in this thread.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Captain Obvious

Mayo to win this game by eight or more points. Are Galway good enough to challenge Mayo this year or will they have another stroll to the quarter finals this summer?

seafoid

Mayo to swat Ros away by half time. Then bate Sligo in the final.
But there'll be no comfort in drink or sleep if they don't win the all Ireland.
It is such a cruel business.     

Maybe Atleti can inspire them. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CWQEcs5R7g

no es facil de explicar

rodney trotter

Quote from: Shrewdness on May 18, 2014, 07:10:51 PM
Larry, as i read your posts, i could almost hear the violins in the background...Mayo beat Ros by 12 points a year ago. To reduce that deficit by half would probably be as good as we can hope for. Most people inside and outside the 2 counties expect nothing but a Mayo win.. The hope would be to avoid a collapse like last year, and have the team's spirits still up going into the qualifiers.

Roscommon had a much better League campaign this year, plus ye are at home this year unlike last year, must count for something..

Jinxy

If you were any use you'd be playing.