Roscommon vs. Mayo - Connacht SFC Semi-final (Dr. Hyde Park, June 8th 2014)

Started by Syferus, May 18, 2014, 05:14:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Will Andy transfer to his home county after such an insult?

Yes
10 (83.3%)
Yep
4 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Collie Brolly

Quote from: larryin89 on May 19, 2014, 07:36:32 PM
Hang on now , if you think I'm trying to do the aul play down our chances thing , you're mistaken,I genuinely believe we will be beat, my gawd I hope we are not , that goes without saying.

The last time we played in the Hyde, we were lucky, Cillian converted his frees and Donie shine didn't ,there was only a couple of points in it , if my memory serves me right. Sligo came very close in 12 to beating us in the Hyde too and we got the rub of the green there too , awarded a point that was wide.

Of course Mayo will be odds on but what odds would you of got in 1952 in McHale park for the Ross to beat the back to back all Ireland champions?

I think ur doin exactly that Larry,playin down ur chances.

Syferus

Quote from: seafoid on May 19, 2014, 07:19:44 PM
Mayo need a Champions league style format with regular matches against the top teams and none of this playing Ros in "The Hyde ™ ".
Ros is a great bunch of lads and everything with a fine bus etc but they are not going to be around in August.

Hon the fishies!

Red

Ros need to keep it within 2-3 points or they will play div 3 again in 2016
Mayo need to win playing within themselves or they may not even see Sept this year.

Rossfan

If we can get within 5 or 6 points of the hoors we'll be doing well  :-\
Still it will be a day out and might help Johneen to see what some of the newer bucks are made out of before we start our run in the Qualifiers.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Shrewdness

Surely Diarmuid Murtagh is worth a starting place against Mayo..

moysider

Syferus

Quote from: Shrewdness on May 19, 2014, 09:08:38 PM

So is his brother and despite Senan's sub out for Diarmuid it's probably a straight race between the two brothers for one spot.

Crazy that we have a selection headache between two quality young inside forwards after all the trouble we've had up front.

We can more than match Mayo on the front foot. If the middle catches fire we have a shot at putting the final nail in Horan's era. Huge respect for what he has done in the last few years but few things would be as sweet as a win on June 8th.

Blowitupref

Quote from: moysider on May 19, 2014, 09:15:36 PM

Gibbons having a scan tomorrow on the ankle.

Would be a blow for the lad if hes out for a while however with the two O'Sheas,Parsons and Barry Moran its not that Mayo are lacking options in the midfield department.

Would it be wise to start a teenager against physical and experienced defenders like Tom Cunniffe,Ger Cafferkey? I think Roscommon should play Cregg at 11 and D Shine 14.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

seafoid

Quote from: Syferus on May 19, 2014, 09:24:48 PM

So is his brother and despite Senan's sub out for Diarmuid it's probably a straight race between the two brothers for one spot.

Crazy that we have a selection headache between two quality young inside forwards after all the trouble we've had up front.

We can more than match Mayo on the front foot. If the middle catches fire we have a shot at putting the final nail in Horan's era.
Huge respect for what he has done in the last few years but few things would be as sweet as a win on June 8th.
You are not an estate agent by any chance ?

Syferus

Quote from: seafoid on May 19, 2014, 09:43:03 PM

We can more than match Mayo on the front foot. If the middle catches fire we have a shot at putting the final nail in Horan's era.
Huge respect for what he has done in the last few years but few things would be as sweet as a win on June 8th.

Ming #1.

seafoid

Quote from: Syferus on May 19, 2014, 09:44:08 PM

Ming #1.
Minging

Syferus

Quote from: seafoid on May 19, 2014, 09:48:51 PM

Ming #1.
Minging

I hear he's pro Palestinian too like. G'wan Sea, you know you want to support the West Ros man.

Rossfan

More like Alice in Wonderlannd and the mad hatter ... words mean whatever I say they mean or something like that as long as you don't get your middle burnt in the fire or sit on Horan's nail.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

seafoid

Quote from: Syferus on May 19, 2014, 09:51:08 PM
Quote from: seafoid on May 19, 2014, 09:48:51 PM

Ming #1.
Minging

I hear he's pro Palestinian too like. G'wan Sea, you know you want to support the West Ros man.
Ming isn't too bad. He stands up for the people who elected him. Why would he want to get out now though? Surely he's needed at home.
The European Parliament is a very big pond with virtually no influence on the economic decision making that counts.   

Shrewdness

I'm sure John Evans will select Ciaran Murtagh for the Mayo game. When Ros beat Mayo in the FBD League last January, Murtagh scored 1-4.. Just feel that his brother should be let off the leash.