Mayo vs. Roscommon Connacht SFC Semi-final (June 16th, McHale Park)

Started by Syferus, May 19, 2013, 05:49:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How much will Roscommon win by?

1-3 points
4-6 points
I really wish I was born a Rossie

Rossfan

Quote from: fearbrags on June 12, 2013, 01:17:42 PM
Ros SF Team v Mayo: O'Malley;Collins,Carty,McDermott;Keenan,N Daly,C Daly;Higgins,Finneran;Devaney,Mannion,Cregg;D Smith,Kilbride,O'Gara

Along expected lines.
Just as important are the next 5 to come in. This year we have a good first 20 for the first time in many a day.

The oul tingles are starting to make their presence felt and sod the negativity - just go over there lads and show the hoors .

WE ARE ROS !!![/b]
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

From the Bunker

People forget that the last meeting between these two side in 2011 ended Roscommon 0-11 - 0-13 Mayo. Cillian O'Connor (who is not playing on the weekend) got 8 (yes eight) points all from frees that day!

Syferus

The Indo thinks Cathal is Donie's 'younger brother'. I'm starting to feel the 2010 spider sense kicking back in..

ballinaman

Quote from: From the Bunker on June 12, 2013, 03:05:53 PM
People forget that the last meeting between these two side in 2011 ended Roscommon 0-11 - 0-13 Mayo. Cillian O'Connor (who is not playing on the weekend) got 8 (yes eight) points all from frees that day!
I think we've up the ante in terms of conditioning since then and are a couple of years older and more experienced (sideline too).

Were Mayo the last Division 1 team Roscommon have played in a competitive match? I expect Ros to burst out the gates, I'm sure Evans will have the walls shaking under the stand but that kind of stuff won't get you much further than half time.

Mayo will have planned accordingly and I have no fear whatsoever that these bunch of lads and management won't execute that plan.

Mayo to win, and to win pulling up.

spuds

Quote from: ballinaman on June 12, 2013, 03:22:57 PM
I think we've up the ante in terms of conditioning since then and are a couple of years older and more experienced (sideline too).

Were Mayo the last Division 1 team Roscommon have played in a competitive match? I expect Ros to burst out the gates, I'm sure Evans will have the walls shaking under the stand but that kind of stuff won't get you much further than half time.

Mayo will have planned accordingly and I have no fear whatsoever that these bunch of lads and management won't execute that plan.

That's where the halftime talk comes in useful  ;)
"As I get older I notice the years less and the seasons more."
John Hubbard

ballinaman

Quote from: spuds on June 12, 2013, 03:27:36 PM

That's where the halftime talk comes in useful  ;)
ha,...45 minutes so... ;)

highorlow

QuoteI'm sure Evans will have the walls shaking under the stand but that kind of stuff won't get you much further than half time.

That won't happen either we have prepared very well for that kinda thing. Only cost 12million or so!
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

ross4life

I don't think many will forget that but they may forget that Donie Shine (who is not starting on the weekend) scored 0-8 of the 0-11 for us that day.

Were Mayo the last Division 1 team Roscommon have played in a competitive match?

Even though they were relegated Armagh were Div 1 when be played them last year Shine scored 0-7 of the 1-11 that day.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

highorlow

QuotePeople forget that the last meeting between these two side in 2011 ended Roscommon 0-11 - 0-13 Mayo. Cillian O'Connor (who is not playing on the weekend) got 8 (yes eight) points all from frees that day!

I don't think many will forget that but they may forget that Donie Shine (who is not starting on the weekend) scored 0-8 of the 0-11 for us that day.

Maybe they should just have a free taking competition on the back pitch and call off the match? Save everyone a few bob.
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

iorras

After looking at that Roscommon team and reading some of the Rossies on this site, especially the very relevant point (NOT) about their record over Mayo in underage recently, I really dont think there is any point in Mayo showing up. The Connacht board need to start preparing the typeface for the Connacht Final program Roscommon V  L (it'll definetly begin with L)
Who will we get in the back door I wonder?

Rossfan

Syferus

Felt dirty buying the Western People today, got some rough looks from the fine Ros-loving people of Ballagh, but I need to do my usual level of in-depth scouting ahead of our victory.. err, game.. at the weekend.

Rossfan

Those papers should be stopped at the Co Boundary sign and returned fortwith  ;D
How do ye expect the Ballagh rhubarbs to ever correct their false ways if they're imbibing a load of propoganda from Ballina every week.
Come on Syfín - get things organised there FFS  >:(

weareros

Good positive move by John Evans to name the team first, none of this keeping the opposition guessing as if that's an advantage. It's true, Jaspar Tully's famed paper was a downer this week leading with the hurling loss followed by a selection of morose predictions about Castlebar. Even Willie didn't have the usual purple patch of similes. Hopefully it will make for better reading next week.

sans pessimism

Quote from: Rossfan on June 12, 2013, 05:39:41 PM
Those papers should be stopped at the Co Boundary sign and returned fortwith  ;D
How do ye expect the Ballagh rhubarbs to ever correct their false ways if they're imbibing a load of propoganda from Ballina every week.
Come on Syfín - get things organised there FFS  >:(
Im sure the Western was goin into Ballagh before
we loaned ye the place  ;)
"So Boys stick together
in all kinds of weather"