Mayo vs. Roscommon Connacht SFC Semi-final (June 16th, McHale Park)

Started by Syferus, May 19, 2013, 05:49:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How much will Roscommon win by?

1-3 points
4-6 points
I really wish I was born a Rossie

Syferus

Quote from: moysider on June 11, 2013, 10:44:43 PM
Quote from: Syferus on June 11, 2013, 10:33:49 PM
For us the script is there if we win, 'sure look at their recent record against Mayo and their underage successes!', perception can switch in an instant and Mayo themselves learnt that in 2011. We'll have to do this job someday.

We learned what exactly in 2011?

Young James' seat would have been hotter than a bowl of portage if London had scored a single point more in regular time.

You don't need telling how little was thought of Mayo entering the Cork game. Passengers, anyone?

Blowitupref

For us the script is there if we win, 'sure look at their recent record against Mayo and their underage successes!', perception can switch in an instant and Mayo themselves learnt that in 2011. We'll have to do this job someday.

That football is a game of inches. Where would Mayo be now if they didn't win the 2011 Connacht title?
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

sans pessimism

Quote from: Blowitupref on June 11, 2013, 11:45:15 PM

That football is a game of inches. Where would Mayo be now if they didn't win the 2011 Connacht title?
we'd have wan less Connacht title ;)
"So Boys stick together
in all kinds of weather"

larryin89

Reading through the Roscommon hearld , i don't think i have ever read such negativity towards the actual outcome of a game in my life, it is unbelievable , from Cregg the player to Willie Hegarty, ''performance, keep within six, david v golliath,break the game down, do as best we can!!! bluber bluber me, cry me a fookin river.

Either they have a master plan and have decided to send out secret newletters to every house in the county telling them about this beal bocht approach or they're just pure horse manure and are genuinely shittin themselves.

It has me a tad worried now though, there is an undertone of smugness here with this lot .
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Syferus

Quote from: larryin89 on June 12, 2013, 01:06:01 AM
Reading through the Roscommon hearld , i don't think i have ever read such negativity towards the actual outcome of a game in my life, it is unbelievable , from Cregg the player to Willie Hegarty, ''performance, keep within six, david v golliath,break the game down, do as best we can!!! bluber bluber me, cry me a fookin river.

Either they have a master plan and have decided to send out secret newletters to every house in the county telling them about this beal bocht approach or they're just pure horse manure and are genuinely shittin themselves.

It has me a tad worried now though, there is an undertone of smugness here with this lot .

So our tactics are working?

That's the first job done, Rossfan. Now we just need to not do a Sligo in the final and float off into the clouds.

Seventy years since Jimmy Murray first flung Sam high in the rays of an autumnal Sun in north Dublin. Fate, surely?

muppet

Quote from: Syferus on June 11, 2013, 11:00:23 PM

Young James' seat would have been hotter than a bowl of portage if London had scored a single point more in regular time.

You don't need telling how little was thought of Mayo entering the Cork game. Passengers, anyone?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfdxS0CvjC0
MWWSI 2017

Rossfan

I'd prefer a little less negativity myself - I suppose it's really only realism but it could be delivered a bit more upbeatedly.
Hopefully Evans is giving a different message to the players behind the scenes.
I'm hoping for a big perfomance from the lads and lets see where that takes us.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

ballinaman

Quote from: Rossfan on June 12, 2013, 12:26:42 PM

I'd prefer a little less negativity myself - I suppose it's really only realism but it could be delivered a bit more upbeatedly.
Hopefully Evans is giving a different message to the players behind the scenes.
I'm hoping for a big perfomance from the lads and lets see where that takes us.
Looking forward to seeing a few more of your ridiculously large font primrose & blue statements.....flashing from right to left if possible. They always get a run in the month of June....at a stretch July, disappear then for the rest of the year strangely though?!? ;)

fearbrags

Ros SF Team v Mayo: O'Malley;Collins,Carty,McDermott;Keenan,N Daly,C Daly;Higgins,Finneran;Devaney,Mannion,Cregg;D Smith,Kilbride,O'Gara

larryin89

Quote from: fearbrags on June 12, 2013, 01:17:42 PM
Ros SF Team v Mayo: O'Malley;Collins,Carty,McDermott;Keenan,N Daly,C Daly;Higgins,Finneran;Devaney,Mannion,Cregg;D Smith,Kilbride,O'Gara

Is higgans the usual partner for Finneran, did he play the league campaign there?
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Syferus

Quote from: larryin89 on June 12, 2013, 01:34:05 PM

Is higgans the usual partner for Finneran, did he play the league campaign there?

Played the last two league campaigns together.

Good to see DO'G moved closer to goal.

Crete Boom

That's a solid Ross team even without Ian Kilbride and Donie Shine. Carty , Niall and Conor Daly are strong at the back , Finneran , Cregg and Mannion will make it a right battle in the middle and in Smith , O'Gara and Senan Kilbride ( he will surely bring his club form into this one as he seems to thrive on the bigger occasions) they have a scoring inside line that will love the open spaces of MacHale park. I would expect O' Gara to come out around the forty to leave space inside for Kilbride and Smith with him and Cregg to carry the fight to the Mayo back 6 with their running game. As long as Ross move the ball with the foot into their half forwards they will be able to negate Mayo's pressure defence. It's shaping up to be a good auld style Mayo Rosscommon battle! Maybe Shine  might be a surprise start as he would punish any sloppy fouls by the likes of Vaughan around the middle?

Syferus

Nah, he's not ready and Evans knows it. Some positive words coming out of camp though so he may appear as a sub. Actually, both Shines could make an apperance. We've a good balance on the bench for a change with good players in all major lines to bring on.

highorlow

QuoteRos SF Team v Mayo: O'Malley;Collins,Carty,McDermott;Keenan,N Daly,C Daly;Higgins,Finneran;Devaney,Mannion,Cregg;D Smith,Kilbride,O'Gara

That's as good a Ros team I've seen named in a long long time and when you consider that we will have a significantly weakened team from last year and a wet ball this will be a close one.
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

Rossfan

Quote from: ballinaman on June 12, 2013, 01:06:35 PM
Looking forward to seeing a few more of your ridiculously large font primrose & blue statements.....flashing from right to left if possible. They always get a run in the month of June....at a stretch July, disappear then for the rest of the year strangely though?!? ;)

A bit like ye crowd in 2010:-*
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM