Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Line Ball

Taken from Ulster Colleges website

News

BT Dalton Cup Final - Video

Fri 4th May 2012

Congratulations to St Colman's Newry on winning the 2012 BT Dalton Cup Final at the Moy in County Tyrone on Friday May 4.

The Violet Hill college came from nine points down to defeat Omagh CBS by 3-8 to 1-10 and so lift the trophy for the first time since 1997.

CLICK ON THIS LINK to watch a St Colman's goal by Jack McCartan: 

http://tinyurl.com/8xjbfyg

general

Quote from: Line Ball on May 04, 2012, 09:51:33 PM

News

Fri 4th May 2012

Congratulations to St Colman's Newry on winning the 2012 BT Dalton Cup Final at the Moy in County Tyrone on Friday May 4.

The Violet Hill college came from nine points down to defeat Omagh CBS by 3-8 to 1-10 and so lift the trophy for the first time since 1997.

i cant wait till jack mccartan plays senior football..class prospect!! as long as he dosent get scouted for that foreign game

johnneycool

Sad to hear of the death of Kate Mason, former Portaferry GAC chairperson after a recent illness.

Deepest sympathies to her family and friends who represented Portaferry in hurling and Camogie at all levels.

The Real Gael

Quote from: general on May 05, 2012, 09:19:58 AM

News

Fri 4th May 2012

i cant wait till jack mccartan plays senior football..class prospect!! as long as he dosent get scouted for that foreign game
[/b][/b]

Ah the prospect of another midget coming through is so exciting  ::)

NP 76

off course he is a midget he is only 13 !! His relation James was no giant and he turned out alright

Line Ball

Quote from: The Real Gael on May 05, 2012, 11:39:28 PM
Quote from: general on May 05, 2012, 09:19:58 AM

News

Fri 4th May 2012

[/b][/b]

Ah the prospect of another midget coming through is so exciting  ::)
Quote from: NP 76 on May 06, 2012, 01:51:26 PM
off course he is a midget he is only 13 !! His relation James was no giant and he turned out alright

Pathetic statement Real Gael considering that the lad your are ridiculing is only 13 years of age.  I wouldn't mind 'Another midget' as you say if he was in the mould of wee James - how many All Irelands did he have a hand in?

5 Sams

In fairness lads you should know by now not to pass any remarks on what the real gael says. He knows as much about football as my arse knows about snipe shootin!!
The Aristocrat Years

Line Ball

Quote from: alba2 on May 03, 2012, 08:24:34 AM
Quote from: outinfront on May 02, 2012, 09:27:15 AM
Quote from: here comes 6 on May 01, 2012, 11:39:18 PM
Quote from: outinfront on May 01, 2012, 08:11:09 PM
Quote from: here comes 6 on May 01, 2012, 06:20:49 PM
Why is there now no games until 18 may?

May day weekend then that Croke Park initiative for promoting the Championship on Fri 11th I think.
No games because its Mayday weekend?? are you for real.   
Next thing is there will be a closed weekend for the Queens Jubilee FFS

I'm just guessing, probably wrong!

County team are on a training weekend apparently - thats why the games are off....

Seriously, is this the reason why hundreds of footballers were left kicking their heals this weekend.  In every other county the club games continue irrespective of what tthe county team are doing.  Let the county men go on their training weekend, no problem, but give the ordinary club man a game.  The leagues on started a few weeks back and already there is a two week break.  Divisions 3 & 4 are nearly half way through and we are only in the first week in May.  Who dreams up this madness?

thewobbler

Line Ball, don't blame the county team or county board. Blame the handful of clubs (led by An Riocht) who spend their existence complaining about how they're unfairly punished for producing county players, and the majority of clubs who pander to these sh1te ideas come county convention.

Line Ball

An Riocht now have 1 county player so how can they wield so much power.  I can understand the problems they had over the last few years particularly having the Clarkes involved with the County teams.  In the County proposals for next year it states that

Starred games would not affect the outcome of the Leagues

What exactly does this mean?  The points accrued in 'Starred games' won't be counted? How can you have a league where the results of certain games will be counted but not some others. 

Only in Down.  It must be the wonderful 'Down Way' of doing things which we hear so much about.

thewobbler

A few things there line ball.

An Riocht are an influential club because they produce an unusually number of administrators. But all they can do is influence - it's the majority that forces through change.

While they might only have one county player at present, it always takes a few years to turn anger/frustration into change. Which is why I always get frustrated at shortsighted proposals from clubs that feel afflicted. Truth is, injuries, suspensions and migration will always hurt you more than the presence/absence of county players during the county season... when their minds are elsewhere.

Next year's bullsh1t ruination of a superb league system is a case in point. With fewer games in D1, county players should be available for all 15 league games. That is, apart from when they're injured, or just need a post-championship break.

Lecale2

QuoteAn Riocht are an influential club because they produce an unusually number of administrators.

Who?

alba2

County team are on a training weekend apparently - thats why the games are off....
[/quote]

Seriously, is this the reason why hundreds of footballers were left kicking their heals this weekend.  In every other county the club games continue irrespective of what tthe county team are doing.  Let the county men go on their training weekend, no problem, but give the ordinary club man a game.  The leagues on started a few weeks back and already there is a two week break.  Divisions 3 & 4 are nearly half way through and we are only in the first week in May.  Who dreams up this madness?
[/quote]

I agree that the club games should still go ahead despite the county players being on training weekend.  Most of the clubs are used to playing without them anyhow at this time of year.  the county players need time to get their heads around the forthcoming championship game.  But let the other players at it... Hundreds of players from all divisions are left with nothing when games should and could have been played without bother...

The Real Gael

Quote from: 5 Sams on May 06, 2012, 09:33:51 PM
In fairness lads you should know by now not to pass any remarks on what the real gael says. He knows as much about football as my arse knows about snipe shootin!!

Suppose having 3000+ posts makes you an expert  ::) or possibly a sad   .....................  ;)

DownFanatic

I see our Seniors are getting a run out against Armagh on the 20th of May at St Paul's in Lurgan during the opening of their new pitch.