Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NedFlanders

An Riocht and Rostrevor played out a 0-07 all draw last night in Pairc Na Riochta. Both teams had chances to win it, but the home team hit 12 wides in the second half due to a unpredictable wind after leading 0-06 to 0-03 at halftime. Brendan McVeigh made 2 brilliant save's at the start of the start of the second half and if it had not been for that, An Riocht could have been consigned to defeat.

amallon

I'm hearing Benny is out for 8 weeks minimum with an ankle injury.  Pure disaster for Down considering the injury list thats building up. 
Disclaimer: I am responsible for MY comments only.  I don't own this site.

here comes 6

Why is there now no games until 18 may?

Mid Down Gael

Down forward Benny Coulter is set to miss the Ulster SFC after suffering a suspected broken ankle in a club game.
Coulter sustained the injury while playing for Mayobridge against Bryansford in Newcastle on Monday.
The loss of the former All Star is a massive setback for the Mourne county ahead of their championship opener against Fermanagh on 3 June.
(From BBC website)

This is a disaster for Down. With Hughes, Doyle, Gordan and Rooney very doubtful this leaves us with too many classy players sidelined to be able to make an impact in Ulster.
I think the management need to be getting McComiskey and Murtagh in the squad as soon as possible. If ever there was a time they where needed.

SHEEDY

massive blow if thats the case.
nil satis nisi optimum

outinfront

Quote from: here comes 6 on May 01, 2012, 06:20:49 PM

May day weekend then that Croke Park initiative for promoting the Championship on Fri 11th I think.

5 Sams

Quote from: SHEEDY on May 01, 2012, 07:56:00 PM
massive blow if thats the case.
The Ulster Final's not until the 22nd July...he'll be grand by then lads!!
The Aristocrat Years

NP 76

hope he is 5 sams massive blow when he seemed to be coming into his groove again . Feel so sorry for him hope its not as bad as being reported

Naomh Pol CLG

According to BBC sport, Benny has a broken ankle and is done for the summer!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/northern-ireland/17917205

here comes 6

Quote from: outinfront on May 01, 2012, 08:11:09 PM

May day weekend then that Croke Park initiative for promoting the Championship on Fri 11th I think.
No games because its Mayday weekend?? are you for real.   
Next thing is there will be a closed weekend for the Queens Jubilee FFS

outinfront

Quote from: here comes 6 on May 01, 2012, 11:39:18 PM

I'm just guessing, probably wrong!

alba2

Quote from: outinfront on May 02, 2012, 09:27:15 AM
Quote from: here comes 6 on May 01, 2012, 11:39:18 PM

I'm just guessing, probably wrong!

County team are on a training weekend apparently - thats why the games are off....

downjim

Kilcoo look hard to stop this year. Burren and the ford look good bets as well for championship.. the Bridge will be a threat but the young lads heading away wont help.. Whats your thoughts on Clonduff, they are a big club with plenty of potential.. the stone will also be a threat come championship time

amallon

Interviews with James McCartan and Benny Coulter from Desintation Newry

http://www.destinationnewry.com/video/latest-video/sports/gaa
Disclaimer: I am responsible for MY comments only.  I don't own this site.

Line Ball

Taken from Ulster Colleges website

News

BT Dalton Cup Final - Video

Fri 4th May 2012

Congratulations to St Colman's Newry on winning the 2012 BT Dalton Cup Final at the Moy in County Tyrone on Friday May 4.

The Violet Hill college came from nine points down to defeat Omagh CBS by 3-8 to 1-10 and so lift the trophy for the first time since 1997.

CLICK ON THIS LINK to watch a St Colman's goal by Jack McCartan: 

http://tinyurl.com/8xjbfyg