Tyrone v Armagh

Started by ONeill, July 10, 2011, 07:02:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BerfArmagh

It was a great evening for football last Saturday night. Healy Park is a great wee venue, i was very impressed with the new stand, big crowd and a good atmosphere.

Armagh started well, Tyrone seemed to take 20 minutes to get going, Armagh were dominating the game until Heartys clanger (I could'nt believe my eyes) It definetly turned the whole physce of the game & it was a clear square ball, as armagh went in 4 down at the break... Armagh started the second half well, but from 10 mins into the second half it was all tyrone. Peter Harte ran riot, aaron kernan is too loose & Harte should have been man marked. Tyrone cut through the middle of our defence like a hot knife through butter, they could have been out the gate

So back to square one, I would not be of the POR out brigade. I know he has tactical limitations, but i feel he has probably done as much as could be done with what is available. I know guys are talking about defensive systems again, but to do that you need good quality forwards who can hit 3-4 points a game. We have 2 of these individuals... We need to find a at least 2 defenders & 2 new forwards... not easy...

Best of luck to the umpa lumpas in the quarters

Refereeing was atrocious btw, like wise in the limerick match

Sean Kavanagh is not the player he was....

Orior

Sean Kavanagh is defintely no Sean Cavanagh.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

imtommygunn

Quote from: Take Your Points on July 25, 2011, 09:07:48 PM
Quote from: BerfArmagh on July 25, 2011, 10:32:12 AM

Certainly not when he starts the game with some rough lad knocking him to the floor and then others doing the same without the referee giving him his well earned frees.  He did some amount of shouting at the referee, the linesmen and the sideline.

It's really about time he stopped his crying at referees to be honest. Every Tyrone game you turn on these days a big feature is Cavanagh crying at the referee about something - and a lot of the time it's innocuous. He has the ability to be a fantastic player so in my view he needs to channel that energy into his game. If I were from Tyrone I'd say the same by the way.

Armaghgael

Certainly not when he starts the game with some rough lad knocking him to the floor and then others doing the same without the referee giving him his well earned frees.  He did some amount of shouting at the referee, the linesmen and the sideline.

Tyrone players arent used to contact from other players normally they just fall themselves  ;D ;D ;D

If in doubt.......take man and ball!

Puckoon

Yes, generally across the finish line at the expense of the applemunchers.

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

Armaghgael

If in doubt.......take man and ball!

trileacman

Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

redcard

Quote from: Armaghgael on July 25, 2011, 11:33:07 PM
Quote from: ziggysego on July 25, 2011, 11:30:35 PM

Should have buried him!

Why. watch the goal on TV. tommy is looking at the crowd behind the goal. he falls over Hearty when he scores and picks himself up. I dont think he looks at Hearty at all.

Gaffer

Quote from: Armaghgael on July 25, 2011, 11:33:07 PM
Quote from: ziggysego on July 25, 2011, 11:30:35 PM

He buried him!
it

He buried it alright. 

Is a man not allowed to celebrate a goal anymore ?

POR and Stevie are partners in some ceili dance it seems.

A haon, do, tri , cathair, cuig, se, seacht,
A haon  do tri,  a do do tri !!!!!!

"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

under the bar

You'd think with the AI minor win of 2009 & u21 a few years  earlier Armagh could get a poetry decent panel together .  Is there a prob with favouritism among the selectors or is the talent just not there?

sheamy

Quote from: under the bar on July 26, 2011, 10:58:22 AM
You'd think with the AI minor win of 2009 & u21 a few years  earlier Armagh could get a poetry decent panel together .  Is there a prob with favouritism among the selectors or is the talent just not there?

Problem is not enough focus on skills development at an early age. Too much emphasis on physical development. Just my opinion for what it's worth (not much to be honest). I saw your development squads over this past few years. The warm ups were hilarious. Like some cross between judo and yoga with not a ball in sight. Minors and u21's too. Some very good players perhaps getting burned out or over coached.

Talent and catchment area with a big enough gaelic playing population is there and a great tradition of gaelic games. You're just paying strength and conditioning boyos too much and they have to continually come up with new vodoo to justify their wages. Just an outsiders view. Feel free to ignore!

clarshack

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

Final Whistle

Quote from: Armaghgael on July 25, 2011, 10:48:42 PM

Tyrone players arent used to contact from other players normally they just fall themselves  ;D ;D ;D

2-3 from midfield. Not bad!