The 2009 Summer Transfers thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, June 02, 2009, 07:00:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thewobbler

Would I be right in saying that Eto'o would be the 13th (and Tevez the 14th) striker on Man City's books? Complete ffing madness. How did their trillionaire investors make so much money in the real world with business sense like this?

Archie Mitchell

Quote from: thewobbler on June 28, 2009, 09:16:34 PM
Would I be right in saying that Eto'o would be the 13th (and Tevez the 14th) striker on Man City's books? Complete ffing madness. How did their trillionaire investors make so much money in the real world with business sense like this?

At the minute, City have 10 first team strikers on their books (Robinho, Jo, Bellamy, Santa Cruz, Bojinov, Caicedo, Evans, Sturridge, Benjani, Vassell). Vassell and Sturridge will be leaving as contracts are up, also good chance of Evans and Benjani being sold, with Caicedo, Jo and maybe Bojinov being sent out on loan this year. If that happens and City complete the signings of Tevez and Eto'o, they will have 5 first team strikers, and most likely playing 3 in each game.

Norf Tyrone

Looks like Kevin Doyle to Wolves in the morning for £6 million.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

DennistheMenace

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on June 30, 2009, 12:19:07 AM
Looks like Kevin Doyle to Wolves in the morning for £6 million.

Seems like the Mick McCarthy factor, thought a more established prem team might have came in for him.

Archie Mitchell

Antonio Valencia - Wigan --> Man Utd   £16 million
Sebastian Leto - Liverpool -->Panathinaikos
Steven Fletcher - Hibs --> Burnley    £3 million

Archie Mitchell

Karim Benzema - Lyon --> Real Madrid  £35 million

full back

Thats around £170 million on 3 attacking players :o

Capt Pat

Quote from: full back on July 01, 2009, 05:56:09 PM
Thats around £170 million on 3 attacking players :o

That will go pear shaped pretty quickly all those outstanding players being dominated by a superstar whp won't pass the ball.

boojangles

Quote from: Archie Mitchell on June 28, 2009, 08:30:08 PM
Read on a City forum today that the Eto'o deal is done. Will sign this week. Also to sign this week are Tevez and Lescott.
Was from a reliable poster who mentioned the previous signings before anyone else got a sniff of them.

I also heard Chelsea were in for Joleon.Hope he has the sense to stay where he is.

Archie Mitchell

GalwayBayBoy

Hound

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on July 02, 2009, 10:45:47 PM
Quote from: Archie Mitchell on July 02, 2009, 08:37:43 PM
Darius Vassell got some reception in Turkey when he went over to sign for Ankaragucu!  :o :o

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1197078/VIDEO-SPECIAL-Turkish-delight-Manchester-City-reject-Darius-Vassell-mobbed-3-000-jubilant-Ankaragucu-fans.html

Them Turks are crazy when it comes to football!

They obviously haven't seen him play.
I was just thinking about what might have been going through Vassell's head at the time:

"I wonder who they think I am..."

full back

Quote from: Archie Mitchell on July 02, 2009, 08:37:43 PM
Darius Vassell got some reception in Turkey when he went over to sign for Ankaragucu!  :o :o

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1197078/VIDEO-SPECIAL-Turkish-delight-Manchester-City-reject-Darius-Vassell-mobbed-3-000-jubilant-Ankaragucu-fans.html

Them Turks are crazy when it comes to football!

Holy fcuk, that video is unreal

Poor Darius hasnt a chance of meeting the expectations those half-wits would have

Archie Mitchell

Yuri Zhirkov - CSKA Moscow --> Chelsea   £18 million

GalwayBayBoy

Dickie Dunne off to Blunderland.

RICHARD DUNNE will complete his move to Sunderland in the next 24 hours after Manchester City agreed a fee with the Black Cats for the Ireland international.

Dunne was voted City's player of the year for four seasons running but now City boss Mark Hughes has decided he wants to make sweeping changes in his defence and build a team around England men Joleon Lescott and John Terry, so Hughes has decided to let Dunne leave Eastlands.

A number of Premier League clubs had been keen to sign Ireland defender Dunne but new Black Cats boss Steve Bruce has won the race and may even offer Dunne the captaincy.

Dunne, who was due to celebrate his testimonial at City next season, will join Sunderland in a £2million deal.

Dunne could be one of the few senior Ireland players in the first team squad at Sunderland next season alongside Andy Reid as Liam Miller, David Connolly and Nick Colgan have all left in recent months.

Dunne's arrival could also signal the departure of Paul McShane to Ipswich Town, with Roy Keane also close to signing Daryl Murphy from his former club.