10 Years Ago Today. Tyrone 0-12 Armagh 0-9.

Started by ONeill, September 28, 2013, 09:07:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rodman

Quote from: BennyCake on September 29, 2013, 08:54:59 PM
Quote from: Rodman on September 29, 2013, 08:43:07 PM
Eh?  You list Armagh's achievements besides Tyrone's and state they are as good !!!  Did you do Maths at school .  3 AIF's Senior Vs 1,  3 AIF's Minor Vs 1.  6 minor Ulsters Vs 2 - Okay I'll give you the coveted Div 2 title......and Armagh ones go to school in Tyrone because you probably don't have schools in Armagh.

We have done better at u-21, and matched your NFL and Ulsters in that time. That's hardly the recent form of an 'irrelevant' county.

Ha ha. Are you seriously still trying to argue that Armagh's record is as good as Tyrone's.  Unbelievable. Armagh are not even contenders in Ulster anymore.

Orior

Some memories are good, some are bad.

I would just like to get back to the time when teams were afraid of meeting Armagh. But that wont happen soon.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

ONeill

I hated every minute of that game apart from the last 1-2 mins. I was so draining that I was tucked up in bed by 12.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

BennyHarp

Quote from: BennyCake on September 29, 2013, 09:33:39 PM
Quote from: BennyHarp on September 29, 2013, 09:22:11 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on September 29, 2013, 09:17:57 PM
Recently history tells you Tyrone have only won one title more than Armagh at senior level. That's not delusion, that's fact.

Elite status, me hole. You have beaten nobody of note this last 5 seasons.

No wonder the Armagh kids are coming to school in Tyrone, feck knows what they are teaching them in Maths and History, judging by your posts.

Tyrone - 3 AIs, 5 Ulster, 2 NFL. Total = 10.

Armagh - 1 AI, 7 Ulster, 1 NFL. Total = 9.

Even if you were taught Maths in Tyrone, you'll get the same totals.

So the 2 extra Ulster titles are equal value to the 2 extra All Ireland's? I'd imagine you'd struggle to find anyone who would swap their AI medals for Ulster ones. You're the the Comical Ali of Armagh.
That was never a square ball!!

T Fearon

It was a poor quality game,certainly in comparison to the 2002 Final.Bit anti climatic for Armagh,after facing and beating mighty Kerry in the previous year's final,found it very difficult to motivate themselves against a lesser side yet to win a title.

Still going into the last period of the game, Armagh were primed for the customary strong finish,but that was thwarted by a ridiculous sending off,and even at that it took a lucky block to deny Armagh an equalising goal.

Poor match,poor refereeing decision,and no one showed any excitement only the Tyrone fans.

general_lee

Admittedly Tyrone IMO were probably the better team that day, even if it had stayed 15 v 15 I think they'd have won.

But there was no need to cheat to win that day. Like others said, the first one was tainted. Youse cheated to win it!

At least we have better club football!

armaghniac

I'll pretend to be Syferus, and throw in that an Armagh team has won three quarters of the Ulster club championships since 2003, Tyrone teams have won precisely zero in that time, they haven't even reached a final.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

SkillfulBill

Recently history tells you Tyrone have only won one title more than Armagh at senior level. That's not delusion, that's fact.

No wonder the Armagh kids are coming to school in Tyrone, feck knows what they are teaching them in Maths and History, judging by your posts.

Now did that equation go something like this.

Ok lets give Tyrone their 3 all irelands for seniors since 03
Give them credit for their 4 ulsters add in their 6 minor and 2 u21 titles minus 7 for cynicism
Give them credit for 2002 national league even though its out side the 10 year's. That gives them 10 don't mention their 3 minor all irelands and ignore the 3 vocational school all ireland and those hogan cups cause im nearly sure a few armagh lads were on the bench.

Right then lets include our 02 all ireland even though that's 11 years ago. Ignore that u21 all ireland they might want to go back and include them 4 they won a few years previous.  Right then thats our 4 ulster seniors plus 2 u21 ulsters add in another 02 senior makes 7 then add in our NFL. That makes 9.

10 - 9 = 1 see

Einstein wouldn't have a look in.

BennyCake

Quote from: BennyHarp on September 29, 2013, 09:51:11 PM

So the 2 extra Ulster titles are equal value to the 2 extra All Ireland's? I'd imagine you'd struggle to find anyone who would swap their AI medals for Ulster ones. You're the the Comical Ali of Armagh.

Aye, because that's what I said  ::)

BennyCake

Quote from: SkillfulBill on September 29, 2013, 09:59:19 PM

Give them credit for their 4 ulsters add in their 6 minor and 2 u21 titles minus 7 for cynicism
Give them credit for 2002 national league even though its out side the 10 year's. That gives them 10 don't mention their 3 minor all irelands and ignore the 3 vocational school all ireland and those hogan cups cause im nearly sure a few armagh lads were on the bench.

Right then lets include our 02 all ireland even though that's 11 years ago. Ignore that u21 all ireland they might want to go back and include them 4 they won a few years previous.  Right then thats our 4 ulster seniors plus 2 u21 ulsters add in another 02 senior makes 7 then add in our NFL. That makes 9.

10 - 9 = 1 see

Einstein would have a look in.

I think it would take Einstein and Hawking combined, to work out what the hell all that was supposed to mean.

BennyHarp

Quote from: BennyCake on September 29, 2013, 10:01:33 PM
Quote from: BennyHarp on September 29, 2013, 09:51:11 PM

Aye, because that's what I said  ::)

I was trying to, at least, give you the credit that you were just counting up the number of trophies won and comparing the counties that way. I'm now completely baffled as to how on earth can you claim Armagh have been just as successful as Tyrone? Anyway, it's nice to know it still wrankles - but to be fair, after 10 years, I was still bitter about our loss to the Dubs in 95. It wasn't until we beat them in 05 that the pain began to ease and the victory in 08 closed the book on that one. Who knows, maybe If Armagh beat Tyrone in the next 3 years you may find your inner peace too and begin to move on. Best of luck with it!
That was never a square ball!!

SkillfulBill

Quote from: BennyCake on September 29, 2013, 10:05:52 PM
Quote from: SkillfulBill on September 29, 2013, 09:59:19 PM

10 - 9 = 1 see

Einstein would have a look in.

I think it would take Einstein and Hawking combined, to work out what the hell all that was supposed to mean.

That I think is the point your maths or logic makes little sense.

I do feel I understand the Armagh dissatisfaction with 03 and the divergent paths both counties have taken since.  In 02 all looked rosey Armagh had reached their zenith.  Tyrone looked like lost soul's in the wilderness having been dumped on their assess by Sligo. Armagh had taken these poor soles and shown them the way.  Then suddenly they wake up one September's morning to find out that the poor lost sole had broken into their castle ate their breakfast, screwed their wife and stole the family silver and the beesterds have been there since.

ONeill

Would Tyrone have won in '03 without Armagh's victory the previous year?

Really hard to know. Did Armagh have the same total hunger in '03?

In '05 the margin between the two was miniscule. We were lucky to be one ahead when the whistle was blown.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

T Fearon

If Art Mc Rory had been manager of Tyrone in 03,when they won Sam,would September 28th be known as Arthur's Day?

BennyCake

Quote from: ONeill on September 29, 2013, 11:03:17 PM
Would Tyrone have won in '03 without Armagh's victory the previous year?

Really hard to know. Did Armagh have the same total hunger in '03?

In '05 the margin between the two was miniscule. We were lucky to be one ahead when the whistle was blown.

A sensible post at last.