10 Years Ago Today. Tyrone 0-12 Armagh 0-9.

Started by ONeill, September 28, 2013, 09:07:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

armaghniac

QuoteI know it shouldn't, but that enduring bitterness is actually cause for some gleeful satisfaction (on my part)

Schadenfreude‎ in Strabane.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

All of a Sludden

Towards the end of this game, Stevie McDonnell was through on goal and you would have put your house on him rattling the net. From nowhere a Tyrone defender managed to get a block on that shot and Tyrone held on for their first All Ireland win. Who was the Tyrone defender?
I'm gonna show you as gently as I can how much you don't know.

squire_in_navy_slacks

Yes I enjoyed it immensely because I had Tyrone backed at the start of the year.........................................Kevin Hughes had an affro at the time and didnt he run out at the start of the game and head down and challenge McGeeney????

Rodman

Quote from: BennyCake on September 29, 2013, 07:53:22 PM
Quote from: SkillfulBill on September 29, 2013, 06:57:09 PM
Since 03 Tyrone have won

3 All Ireland seniors
3 All Ireland minors - 1 minor title
1 NFL - 1 NFL (and a Div 2 title)
4 Senior ulsters - 4 Ulsters
2 u21's ulsters - 2 U-21 Ulsters, plus 1 AI U-21
6 minor ulsters - 2 minor Ulsters
Not to mention numerous all irelands at school level.

And you think we are deluded in believing Tyrone are among the Elite footballing counties.

Which other county over the last ten years have a record as comparable from school level to seniors ?

The issue here was about the seniors. But since you ask, I think you'll find Armagh have done just as good, as you can see above. And better, in some grades.

I know for a fact that Dungannon/Cookstown schools include some Armagh/Derry players.

If you call yourselves elite, Armagh aren't too far behind. And a county half the size.

Eh?  You list Armagh's achievements besides Tyrone's and state they are as good !!!  Did you do Maths at school .  3 AIF's Senior Vs 1,  3 AIF's Minor Vs 1.  6 minor Ulsters Vs 2 - Okay I'll give you the coveted Div 2 title......and Armagh ones go to school in Tyrone because you probably don't have schools in Armagh.

Wildweasel74

This thread nearly tells us how many Armagh and tyrone posters on here, talking about a game 10yrs gone, and its already on pg 5,

bcarrier

SkillfulBill

Quote from: BennyCake on September 29, 2013, 07:53:22 PM
Quote from: SkillfulBill on September 29, 2013, 06:57:09 PM
Since 03 Tyrone have won

3 All Ireland seniors
3 All Ireland minors - 1 minor title
1 NFL - 1 NFL (and a Div 2 title)
4 Senior ulsters - 4 Ulsters
2 u21's ulsters - 2 U-21 Ulsters, plus 1 AI U-21
6 minor ulsters - 2 minor Ulsters
Not to mention numerous all irelands at school level.

And you think we are deluded in believing Tyrone are among the Elite footballing counties.

Which other county over the last ten years have a record as comparable from school level to seniors ?

The issue here was about the seniors. But since you ask, I think you'll find Armagh have done just as good, as you can see above. And better, in some grades.

I know for a fact that Dungannon/Cookstown schools include some Armagh/Derry players.

If you call yourselves elite, Armagh aren't too far behind. And a county half the size.

So that's it then we are agreed.

Yous are just 3 all ireland senior titles, 2 all ireland minor titles,  4 ulster minor titles, 3 vocational all irelands and a couple of hogan cup's behind then. Yep by any standards thats comparable.  It's official then Armagh are amomg Gaelic footballs elite.

Gaffer

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on September 29, 2013, 08:15:16 PM
What really surprises me, is that some irredeemably embittered individuals could actually believe that we could give a fcuk what they think!  :P

I know it shouldn't, but that enduring bitterness is actually cause for some gleeful satisfaction (on my part)!  :D ;)

Me too !  If they had any sense they'd button it!!
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

BennyCake

Quote from: Rodman on September 29, 2013, 08:43:07 PM
Eh?  You list Armagh's achievements besides Tyrone's and state they are as good !!!  Did you do Maths at school .  3 AIF's Senior Vs 1,  3 AIF's Minor Vs 1.  6 minor Ulsters Vs 2 - Okay I'll give you the coveted Div 2 title......and Armagh ones go to school in Tyrone because you probably don't have schools in Armagh.

We have done better at u-21, and matched your NFL and Ulsters in that time. That's hardly the recent form of an 'irrelevant' county.

SkillfulBill

It's Armaghs delusion of being as good as their neighbours which I find funny.  At least the Derry Inbreeds know their place they are up front about their begrudging and wouldn't dare to question our elite status.  10 years and counting the pain is as fresh as ever  :)

SkillfulBill

Quote from: BennyCake on September 29, 2013, 08:54:59 PM
Quote from: Rodman on September 29, 2013, 08:43:07 PM

We have done better at u-21, and matched your NFL and Ulsters in that time. That's hardly the recent form of an 'irrelevant' county.

10 years ago counties would worry about being drawn against Armagh today no one fears playing them even the Derry wans don't mind.

BennyCake

Quote from: SkillfulBill on September 29, 2013, 08:59:38 PM
It's Armaghs delusion of being as good as their neighbours which I find funny.  At least the Derry Inbreeds know their place they are up front about their begrudging and wouldn't dare to question our elite status.  10 years and counting the pain is as fresh as ever  :)

Recently history tells you Tyrone have only won one title more than Armagh at senior level. That's not delusion, that's fact.

Elite status, me hole. You have beaten nobody of note this last 5 seasons.

BennyHarp

Quote from: BennyCake on September 29, 2013, 09:17:57 PM

Recently history tells you Tyrone have only won one title more than Armagh at senior level. That's not delusion, that's fact.

No wonder the Armagh kids are coming to school in Tyrone, feck knows what they are teaching them in Maths and History, judging by your posts.
That was never a square ball!!

SkillfulBill

Quote from: BennyHarp on September 29, 2013, 09:22:11 PM

No wonder the Armagh kids are coming to school in Tyrone, feck knows what they are teaching them in Maths and History, judging by your posts.

I know maths ain't your strong point but here's another one for you to get your head around. From 2003 Tyrone players have won 25 All stars v Armagh 7. Now get the calculator out for that big sum or ask a few of the children attending Tyrone schools to do it for you.

BennyCake

Quote from: BennyHarp on September 29, 2013, 09:22:11 PM

Tyrone - 3 AIs, 5 Ulster, 2 NFL. Total = 10.

Armagh - 1 AI, 7 Ulster, 1 NFL. Total = 9.

Even if you were taught Maths in Tyrone, you'll get the same totals.