Remortgage advice

Started by tbrick18, June 20, 2023, 07:55:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildweasel74

I get the impression, bankers are f**king us over again. Where does this extra rates money go to? Wonder what the, English think Brexit now the dumb fools. Sunk us along with them. Bunch of rich men dictating rates to the poor when it wouldn't actually affect them in the slightest

Dougal Maguire

There's gonna be loads of mortgage defaults, repossessions, property fire sales, former family homes bought by wealthy landlords and the rich get richer. Sad thing is that those who are caught are younger people who voted remain and the purchasers most likely Brexiteers
Careful now

armaghniac

Quote from: Dougal Maguire on June 25, 2023, 12:23:12 AM
There's gonna be loads of mortgage defaults, repossessions, property fire sales, former family homes bought by wealthy landlords and the rich get richer. Sad thing is that those who are caught are younger people who voted remain and the purchasers most likely Brexiteers

That's pessimistic. People buying houses now will find the market softer, educated people voted remain and many of these will be able to get a house in this market.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Mikhail Prokhorov

do not rely on interest rates coming down, always prepare for the worst

they could go to 8, 10 or even 15 percent as it was in the 1970's and 80's (it is unlikely but the possibility is not zero)

a timely reminder to not overextend yourself financially

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Mikhail Prokhorov on June 25, 2023, 10:03:59 PM
do not rely on interest rates coming down, always prepare for the worst

they could go to 8, 10 or even 15 percent as it was in the 1970's and 80's (it is unlikely but the possibility is not zero)

a timely reminder to not overextend yourself financially

Bill Gates would notice a 15%?rise ffs
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Wildweasel74

But what the point putting them up, I don't think it bring inflation dwin like in the past. This inflation coming off the bck of Covid, Brexit, Ukraine, and I can't see it settling. Liz Truss got the ball rolling f**king us over. Bitch! But if them English clowns vote these rich Elton based snobs in again, they deserve all they get, roll on a united Ireland.