God to be Fermanagh's miracle?

Started by ziggysego, November 16, 2011, 07:03:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ziggysego

It is rumoured that former Tyrone star Peter Canavan is the leading contender in the race to become the next Fermanagh County manager. The Errigal Ciaran man recently completed a three year stint with his home club and it appears he is now ready to take on the challenge with a move to inter county management. Fermanagh would be Peter's first venture into the inter county scene and he would hope to reverse their recent decline which has seen them drop to the lower reaches of the National League while also performing dismally in the Ulster Championship and The All Ireland qualifiers.

It was no secret that the Fermanagh senior team endured a rather turgid year throughout 2011 with stories of player dissatisfaction and at times open revolt against the management. To appoint a manager with Canavan's profile would be a huge coup for the Erne County and would surely be seen as a positive move by all those involved with Fermanagh football.

It is widely believed that if Canavan is the successful candidate he will bring Fermanagh native Kieran Donnelly and former Tyrone county Board Coaching Officer Enda Kilpatrick with him as part of his backroom team. Donnelly, a teacher in Omagh CBS is a well respected coach and was the Errigal Ciaran trainer during Canavan's time as their club manager while Kilpatrick has a long record and association with Vocational Schools and youth coaching within the O'Neill County.
It is believed that interviews for the post are due to take place within the next forty eight hours.

TeamTalk Mag
Testing Accessibility

sammymaguire

No. We need the real God to carry out some major miracles in Fermanagh Gaelic football circles if we are to make any headway back to the glory days of 2004-2008... Still stranger things have happened
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: ziggysego on November 16, 2011, 07:03:10 PM

It was no secret that the Fermanagh senior team endured a rather turgid year throughout 2011 with stories of player dissatisfaction and at times open revolt against the management. To appoint a manager with Canavan's profile would be a huge coup for the Erne County and would surely be seen as a positive move by all those involved with Fermanagh football.

He'll have to get them off those cream buns.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

sammymaguire

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on November 16, 2011, 07:48:40 PM
Quote from: ziggysego on November 16, 2011, 07:03:10 PM

He'll have to get them off those cream buns.

The Fermanagh lads have been eating proddies??  ;D can't be good for ya right enough
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

leaveherinsir

Would need a backroom team of Father,Son and Holy Ghost if truth be told!

skeog

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: leaveherinsir on November 16, 2011, 08:53:16 PM

I have heard of that boy before, i think he is from Ardboe
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

Orangemac

Seems like a done deal at this stage. Had heard last week one of the previous front runners had pulled out because of Cavanan having it sewn up.

Would definitely bring a bit of excitement to Fermanagh and god knows they need it after last year but Canavan didn't pull up any trees with Errigal Ciaran and without at least promotion from Div 4 the novelty could wear off quickly enough.

ONeill

(Luke 22:34,60-62) - "And He said, "I say to you, Peter, the c**k will not crow today until you have denied three times that you know Me . . . .But Peter said, "Man, I do not know what you are talking about." And immediately, while he was still speaking, a c**k crowed. And the Lord turned and looked at Peter. And Peter remembered the word of the Lord, how He had told him, "Before a c**k crows today, you will deny Me three times." And he went out and wept bitterly."
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

muppet

Quote from: ONeill on November 16, 2011, 09:26:43 PM
(Luke 22:34,60-62) - "And He said, "I say to you, Peter, the c**k will not crow today until you have denied three times that you know Me . . . .But Peter said, "Man, I do not know what you are talking about." And immediately, while he was still speaking, a c**k crowed. And the Lord turned and looked at Peter. And Peter remembered the word of the Lord, how He had told him, "Before a c**k crows today, you will deny Me three times." And he went out and wept bitterly."

And then Prodigal Pat of Kerillee did sayeth, 'Brolly even your crowing is puke'.
MWWSI 2017

leaveherinsir

Quote from: Hoof Hearted on November 16, 2011, 09:06:49 PM
Quote from: leaveherinsir on November 16, 2011, 08:53:16 PM

I have heard of that boy before, i think he is from Ardboe
Probably the holy ghost who started thon row on Sunday up in Tyrone  :D

Quote from: ONeill on November 16, 2011, 09:26:43 PM
Brilliant sir!!  :D :D :D

crossfire

Quote from: Orangemac on November 16, 2011, 09:11:39 PM
Seems like a done deal at this stage. Had heard last week one of the previous front runners had pulled out because of Cavanan having it sewn up.

Would definitely bring a bit of excitement to Fermanagh and god knows they need it after last year but Canavan didn't pull up any trees with Errigal Ciaran and without at least promotion from Div 4 the novelty could wear off quickly enough.

:D ;D

FermGael

Not to sure if its a sown up as everybody thinks.
Interviews are tonight as far as i know.
Canavan and Donnelly hardly set the world alight with Errigal Ciaran as other posters have stated.

Dawson is the stand out candidate IMO.
Has the track record at club level and would have a serious insight into our first round opponents in the Ulster Championship.
Also there are serious internal issues to be resolved within the Fermanagh camp.
An experienced head is what we need
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

angermanagement

From what I hear its Dawsons job if he wants it, will be very suprised in Canavan gets it.

brokencrossbar1

In Todays Gaelic life as his job to turn down.  Front page stuff.  Cue all the jokes about Fermanagh lads training in the lakes to perfect their diving!!!