Latest Scores

Started by Lecale2, February 25, 2007, 02:44:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

orangeman

Quote from: HiMucker on January 23, 2012, 04:54:44 PM
The incident has made the bbc news.  http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/northern_ireland/gaelic_games/16689009.stm

There wasn't much word of GAA action on last Monday night's BBC news after a full weekend of Mc Kenna cup fixtures, with huge attendances. Although they manged to squeeze in a good 7 or 8 minutes of soccer and rubgy, rowing, athletics.

You can always rely on the good old BBC to continue to play their part.

AZOffaly

Quote from: ardtole on January 23, 2012, 04:58:23 PM
Blown out of all proportion again id imagine. Championship game, tensions run high, a bit of a dust up happens all the time.

If what I heard is halfway true, then this was more than that. A humdinger by all accounts, but a bit one sided as well. Sure maybe the news will show us more.

AQMP

Police and GAA chiefs are expected to investigate the violence which broke out at a junior level game involving Tyrone club Derrytresk on Sunday.

It has been reported that a player on the opposing Kerry team Dromid Pearses was concussed when a brawl happened just before half-time at Portlaoise.

Officials and substitutes from both sides are believed to have been involved in fighting on the pitch.

The match was an All-Ireland Junior Footbal Championship semi-final.

It is understood the concussed player, midfielder Thomas Curran, was not able to play the second half and that Kerry star Declan O'Sullivan was struck by a handbag during the fracas.  Dromid selector and Kerry county board officer Diarmuid O Se whinged like f**k complained about a lack of security for players at the neutral venue and called on the GAA to look at available video evidence.

Derrytresk won the game 1-10 to 0-7 and are scheduled to bate the bejaysus out of play Galway side Clonbur in the All-Ireland junior final on 12 February.

Officially declared "handbags" ;)  I may have doctored some aspects of the BBC story but the handbag bit is actually true.

Tubberman

The responses to this story from most of the northern posters here reinforces the view that there is no appetite in Ulster to stamp out this kind of thuggish behaviour. Most seem content to let it continue and don't see it as a big deal.

Personally, I think it's an embarrassment to the GAA and if it's allowed to continue it's only a matter of time before someone is up in court and ends up with a prison sentence for assault.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Jinxy

Is there any dignified way to respond to being belted with a handbag (by a woman)?  :D
Knowing them Tyrone wans, she probably had a few lead weights sewn into the lining.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

ONeill

I'm told on good authority that the woman's handback was lighter than normal that day and that if it had been a Tuesday or Thursday he'd know about it.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

drici

Clontibtret's main supporter watching on.

Doire 0-01 Handbaggers 0-00

drici

Doire 0-02 Handbaggers 0-00

drici

Doire 0-03 Handbaggers 0-00

drici

Doire 0-03 Non Dromid 0-01

drici

Doire 0-03 Handbaggers 0-01

Small bit of digging - no subs required yet.

drici

Doire 1-03 Handbaggers 0-01

Paddy Bradley

drici

James Conway - dearg.
Colm Cavanagh - injured.

drici

Doire 1-04 Handbaggers 0-01

drici

Doire 1-04 Handbaggers 0-02