Walsh Cup

Started by Lecale2, January 14, 2008, 08:05:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lecale2

This week's fixtures:

Sunday 20th January 2008

Mullingar / Parnell Park                                            Iarmhi / UCD   v   Ath Cliath

Walsh Cup S.H.                                                       Reit:    A. Stapleton (Laois)

SUB REF:     M. Bartley                                          LINESMAN:  T. Anderson

Freshford (2.00p.m.)                                                  Cill Chainnigh  v  Aontroim

Walsh Cup S.H.                                                       Reit:    T. Carroll (Uibh Fhaili)

SUB REF:     D. Murphy                                         LINESMAN:  P. Kehoe

Tullamore (2.00)                                                         Uibh Fhaili   v   An Dun

Walsh Cup S.H.                                                       Reit:    F. Devereux (Cill Dara)

SUB REF:     J. McGrath                                         LINESMAN:  R. Cornally

Piercestown (2.00)                                                     Loch Garman   v   Laois

Walsh Cup S.H.                                                       Reit:    D. Connolly (Cill Chainnigh)

SUB REF:     D. O Donovan                                  LINESMAN:  D. Hughes

Extra time if necessary must be played if sides finish level.

johnneycool

UCD beat Westmeath yesterday, so that's UCD vrs Dublin in Parnell park this sunday then.

tayto

A fair few Dublin players available to UCD, should be an interesting match up.

Sky Blue

UCD v Dublin will be an interesting match if the weather holds out. Are ye header over Tayto?

tayto

I was hoping to head up to Dublin for both matches but I think I'll have to work now, as my avatar would say, DOH!

bottlethrower7

this is in Blunden Drive I think. I heard that on the radio the other day and haven't heard anything different since

tayto

Correct, was originally set for Parnell Park but I think the weather has out pay to that, pitch was in a bad enough way last weekend.

Guillem2

Got a txt message saying Antrim beat Kilkenny by a point. Is it true? Any other scores?
Talking is an overrated way of communicating.

ExiledGael

Amazingly that's true, 2-15 to 1-17, according to Aertel that is.

clootfromthe21

2-15 to 1-17.

It was 2-9 to 8 at half time.

2-13 to 1-13 with about 10 to go.

From the Radio Kilkenny report, Ryan McGarry pulled off a wonder save in injury time.

F***king fantastic!!!!!!!!!!! I know its only the Walsh Cup. I know Kilkenny have been on the piss for a couple of weeks. I know it will be a distant memory come the Summer. But still and all. I DONT CARE!!!!!!!!

Minder

i am booking a bus for croke park in september
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

FermPundit

Great result for the Saffrons. Let's hope this result instills a bit of confidence in the squad and that they can have a good run in the NHL and show the rest of the country that there are decent hurlers in Ulster!!
We'll win Ulster some day, not sure when.

laoisgaa

Excellent win for Antrim this afternoon in a hard fought game in must be said. Anyone have any idea when the Saffrons last beat Kilkenny? I'm hearing around 1992 in the NHL

aontroim abu

What a result  - saw a pink pig flying past the window this morning, knew something was up.  This is a very young squad, who are flying fit and eager to play.

Is this the death knell for Kilkenny hurling????????????? ;D

Guillem2

I fainted shortly after posting the story of Antrim's win. I've just come round. Great boost for the boys going into the NHL. Who do we play next?
Talking is an overrated way of communicating.