No more evictions!

Started by Rossfan, December 16, 2018, 05:16:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sid waddell

Quote from: Rudi on December 23, 2018, 07:27:32 PM
Quote from: sid waddell on December 23, 2018, 03:41:02 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on December 23, 2018, 03:01:27 PM
Quote from: Insane Bolt on December 23, 2018, 01:09:22 PM
Live within your means....plain and simple. Never mind about keeping up with the 'Jones'.
Yep. Plenty of these bleating cnuts in the south who are up to their necks were happy to reap the rewards when the going was good. The poor man wasnt given a second thought in the race for more of everything. The banks were great fellas giving cheap credit to allow you to live like a king. Oh the market has changed and you now can't afford to live like a king. Any chance of a handout? b**tard banks.
I've yet to read anything in support of these chancers other than incoherent, nonsensical rants with vague, confused appeals to right-wing, ultra-nationalist emotion such as this.

That's because people like you hear what you want to hear. Nasty bit of stuff you are too.
If you think I'm a nasty bit of stuff, I'd love to know what you make of people wielding baseball bats, setting fire to vehicles, killing dogs and attempting arson.

sid waddell

Quote from: Tony Baloney on December 23, 2018, 04:00:04 PM
Personal accountability isn't a right-wing construct.
I'd say I'm about as left-wing a poster as there is on forum.

I know who's not taking personal responsibility in this case, and they ain't left wingers.

Fanatical right wing nationalism is about as far away from left-wing as it gets.

sid waddell

Quote from: Rudi on December 23, 2018, 07:35:55 PM
Quote from: trailer on December 23, 2018, 07:24:55 PM
In a way its clever what SF are trying to do. Link it back to some English Evictions 150 or 60 odd years ago. Stir up some ancient feelings. A lot of people falling for it. Including some on this board. Similar to what UK and BNP do in the UK. Linking things back to ancient England spirit of the blitz etc. Same ideas. Amazing that people still fall for it.

People are told what to do by the populist media. Two votes on the Lisbon treaty and recent  referendums. Now another scare campaign to get the Brits to re think Brexit.
'Tis fascinating to see the overlap between the Little Englanders and the Little Irelanders. It's almost like they'd love nothing more than to be together in one great United Kingdom again.

Syferus

I have no interest protesting for people unable to make halfways decent financial decisions. It's not as bad as the Ulster lads parading for Sean Quinn a few years back but today's protest in Strokestown wasn't much better.

Crete Boom

In a way its clever what SF are trying to do. Link it back to some English Evictions 150 or 60 odd years ago. Stir up some ancient feelings. A lot of people falling for it. Including some on this board. Similar to what UK and BNP do in the UK. Linking things back to ancient England spirit of the blitz etc. Same ideas. Amazing that people still fall for it.

People are told what to do by the populist media. Two votes on the Lisbon treaty and recent  referendums. Now another scare campaign to get the Brits to re think Brexit.

In regards to the Lisbon Treaty, what was the specific reason you voted against it and was it the same reason you voted against it twice?

Rudi

Quote from: sid waddell on December 23, 2018, 08:05:02 PM
Live within your means....plain and simple. Never mind about keeping up with the 'Jones'.
Yep. Plenty of these bleating cnuts in the south who are up to their necks were happy to reap the rewards when the going was good. The poor man wasnt given a second thought in the race for more of everything. The banks were great fellas giving cheap credit to allow you to live like a king. Oh the market has changed and you now can't afford to live like a king. Any chance of a handout? b**tard banks.
I've yet to read anything in support of these chancers other than incoherent, nonsensical rants with vague, confused appeals to right-wing, ultra-nationalist emotion such as this.

That's because people like you hear what you want to hear. Nasty bit of stuff you are too.
If you think I'm a nasty bit of stuff, I'd love to know what you make of people wielding baseball bats, setting fire to vehicles, killing dogs and attempting arson.

I have zero time for them and when if found guilty should meet the full rigours of the law. In this particular thread I can see both sides of the argument. This is not black and white. Don't like the idea of people not having sympathy for the 2 innocents in this eviction case.

Rudi

Quote from: Crete Boom on December 23, 2018, 08:18:36 PM

In regards to the Lisbon Treaty, what was the specific reason you voted against it and was it the same reason you voted against it twice?

Never said I voted against it. Just remember the Monday after the ref. listening to a dj on 2fm peddling a very negative scenorio following the no vote. Numerous add campaigns followed thereafter. Apologies to my fellow county man for deviating from thread topic.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Rudi on December 23, 2018, 08:42:13 PM

I have zero time for them and when if found guilty should meet the full rigours of the law. In this particular thread I can see both sides of the argument. This is not black and white. Don't like the idea of people not having sympathy for the 2 innocents in this eviction case.
I can't imagine anyone wants to see some oul pair lashed out on the street but that's the consequence of not paying your debts. As has been said repeatedly on this thread, the people in question have been avoiding the inevitable for up to 10 years. Do you think it is reasonable for a bank to give over hundreds of thousands to someone and not expect it paid back?

Rudi

Quote from: Tony Baloney on December 23, 2018, 09:04:50 PM
Quote from: Rudi on December 23, 2018, 08:42:13 PM

I can't imagine anyone wants to see some oul pair lashed out on the street but that's the consequence of not paying your debts. As has been said repeatedly on this thread, the people in question have been avoiding the inevitable for up to 10 years. Do you think it is reasonable for a bank to give over hundreds of thousands to someone and not expect it paid back?
The brother and sister did not incur any debts it was the other brother who took out a loan for land and used the house as collateral. Agree that loans have to be paid back and if not need to be re negotiated or occupants walk away after a pre defined time frame. Problem people have is banks needed bail outs themselves and acted reckless during the boom, often giving loans to people's who had little chance of ever paying back.

Milltown Row2

So I'm still waiting on a reasonable timeframe of when people should be evicted! Is it after 12 missed payments or 24? It shouldn't be 120 missed payments though
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

whitey

Haha....I saw Maura Harrington was in great form in Strokestown today

seafoid

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 23, 2018, 11:57:28 PM
So I'm still waiting on a reasonable timeframe of when people should be evicted! Is it after 12 missed payments or 24? It shouldn't be 120 missed payments though
If you owe mortgage arrears to the bank you have a problem
If 29,000 people are insolvent the Government has a problem

https://youtu.be/TLGWQfK-6DY

manfromdelmonte

I think 24 months is a reasonable amount of time to find gainful employment and start paying it

Most people if they got into trouble would go into the bank and look for renegotiation, a period paying interest only or some other arrangement to give them breathing space

McCann has basically been stealing from the bank for 10 years

Milltown Row2

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on December 24, 2018, 08:37:37 AM
I think 24 months is a reasonable amount of time to find gainful employment and start paying it

Most people if they got into trouble would go into the bank and look for renegotiation, a period paying interest only or some other arrangement to give them breathing space

McCann has basically been stealing from the bank for 10 years

2 years is a lot in fairness but reasonable enough as you say to get employment.. but 10 years is taking the piss and the bank on this occasion was right to take back their property, they did though go about that part, completely wrong..
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

johnnycool

Quote from: Tony Baloney on December 23, 2018, 04:00:04 PM
Personal accountability isn't a right-wing construct.

That's the thing.

These big Corporate Banks and their capitalist backers are all great and good into the Market Economy when it's in its favour, but when the shit hit the fan the Irish tax payer ended up having to step up and bail these f**kers out.

The Irish Government (read taxpayer) should have let at least one of these institutions go to the wall and take their bond holders with them.
That way the others may have thought twice about the recklessness of their actions.

There was no accountability, personal or otherwise there for the white collar lads and if Drum isn't out in a year or less then it would be a pleasant surprise.