Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Carmen Stateside on November 11, 2018, 06:42:26 PM
Massive gulf in class there.
12 points between them after 12 games. Dear, dear, dear.

Carmen Stateside

Quote from: Tony Baloney on November 11, 2018, 06:48:15 PM
Never thought I would see the day

Milltown Row2

I'm so glad the Liverpool lads are back, good luck lads, I really think you'll win the league
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

From the Bunker

Quote from: Carmen Stateside on November 11, 2018, 06:53:17 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on November 11, 2018, 06:48:15 PM
Never thought I would see the day

Not in Fergie's Lifetime anyway!  :P

Boycey

Carmen Stateside

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 11, 2018, 07:01:35 PM
I'm so glad the Liverpool lads are back, good luck lads, I really think you'll win the league
We all hope you never leave. You have made my evening  ;D

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Carmen Stateside on November 11, 2018, 07:35:30 PM

I'm glad something made your evening, your expectations are pretty poor, so I'm glad that Liverpool's continually record of poor attempts of winning league titles is the same!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

trueblue1234

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 11, 2018, 08:05:46 PM

I'm glad something made your evening, your expectations are pretty poor, so I'm glad that Liverpool's continually record of poor attempts of winning league titles is the same!
😂 for a man who doesn't care, I've never seen someone as easy to wind up.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Milltown Row2

Quote from: trueblue1234 on November 11, 2018, 08:10:08 PM

I missed your comments and reactions during last weeks results, embarrassing as it is but keep it up

trueblue1234

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 11, 2018, 08:18:20 PM
Quote from: trueblue1234 on November 11, 2018, 08:10:08 PM

I missed your comments and reactions during last weeks results, embarrassing as it is but keep it up

You didn't.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

yellowcard

The Juventus result has kept Mourinho in the job until at least February and probably until the end of the season. However it has masked over a lot of problems because 10 minutes of chaos should not cover for the 170 minutes that preceded it where they could quite conceivably have conceded 6 or 7 whilst creating little or nothing. In short they got lucky and Mourinhos tactics were similar today only that it never came off this time. Sit off and allow the opposition to dominate and hope for a defensive mistake or a set piece to score a goal at the other end.

We all knew the football was not going to be great to watch but the end was supposed to justify the means when the decision was made to hire Mourinho. I couldn't help but think what might have been if we had hired the man in the opposition dug out instead of Jose, where we might be now.

screenexile

Imagine Fellani coming on fresh for the last 25 minutes at 2-1!!!

BennyCake

Why are they raving about city's 44 passes? Sure they went nowhere for 40 of them. Soccer pundits are easily pleased.

Sure any two central defenders could pass it to themselves 40 times then hoof it to a big fella who heads it in.

thewobbler

Quote from: BennyCake on November 12, 2018, 12:17:06 AM
Why are they raving about city's 44 passes? Sure they went nowhere for 40 of them. Soccer pundits are easily pleased.

Sure any two central defenders could pass it to themselves 40 times then hoof it to a big fella who heads it in.

The fact that 40+ passes before a goal happens so rarely is the reason to highlight it when it happens. A dozen players every week try an overhead kick. But when someone connects, it's worth acknowledging.

screenexile

Quote from: BennyCake on November 12, 2018, 12:17:06 AM

And United fans wonder why nobody likes them??

You know it was a brilliant goal why can't you just acknowledge it?