Search for New Mayo Manager

Started by IolarCoisCuain, September 28, 2015, 11:17:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mac2

Quote from: moysider on October 01, 2015, 10:25:07 PM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on October 01, 2015, 10:06:40 PM
Quote from: mayo.mick on October 01, 2015, 10:01:53 PM
I'm getting worried now. Players only in the meeting for 10 mins. Not looking good.  :(

Jesus H Christ on a unicycle. TEN minutes!  :( What processes and mechanisms could they have possibly gone through in those 10 minutes?

Smart move by players to turn up in such numbers. I suspect that Mike was going to play hard-ball with Keith and Cillian and try and to bully/appease them into accepting a few cosmetic tweaks so that Pateen and Nole could continue. This was a show of strength to show that there was going to be no messing about. There's been too much bullshit already.
Looks like this has put the matter to bed. It s bottle of brandy and pistol time.
Don't agree brandy's too good for them, poteen maybe.

mckieran

Quote from: From the Bunker on October 01, 2015, 10:26:34 PM
Quote from: mayo.mick on October 01, 2015, 10:16:25 PM
http://www.mayonews.ie/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=22848:large-delegation-of-mayo-squad-attend-crisis-meeting&catid=14&Itemid=100008

From that report they seemed to just state their case speaking with Board officials for approximately ten minutes before leaving, and they had no comment to make when exiting.

A case of this is what we want, have a look at it! We're not hanging about for the circus inside and we're not dealing the circus outside either.

Geez, I'd hope they had a case that was more than 10 minutes!

To me, it sounds like the county board said the management weren't resigning and the players walked. That would take about 10 minutes!

Wildweasel74

Did they ask for 2 out of town transfers to bring some scoring power to this outfit??

mayo.mick

Quote from: moysider on October 01, 2015, 10:25:07 PM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on October 01, 2015, 10:06:40 PM
Quote from: mayo.mick on October 01, 2015, 10:01:53 PM
I'm getting worried now. Players only in the meeting for 10 mins. Not looking good.  :(

Jesus H Christ on a unicycle. TEN minutes!  :( What processes and mechanisms could they have possibly gone through in those 10 minutes?

Smart move by players to turn up in such numbers. I suspect that Mike was going to play hard-ball with Keith and Cillian and try and to bully/appease them into accepting a few cosmetic tweaks so that Pateen and Nole could continue. This was a show of strength to show that there was going to be no messing about. There's been too much bullshit already.
Looks like this has put the matter to bed. It s bottle of brandy and pistol time.

Poor Henry's attempt to split the players didn't work! Wonder was he there, or earwigging at the window?
mayo for sam-don't ask me what year! :-)
https://michaelmaye.com/mayo-gaa-photos/
@mayo_mick

moysider

Quote from: mckieran on October 01, 2015, 10:29:29 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on October 01, 2015, 10:26:34 PM
Quote from: mayo.mick on October 01, 2015, 10:16:25 PM
http://www.mayonews.ie/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=22848:large-delegation-of-mayo-squad-attend-crisis-meeting&catid=14&Itemid=100008

From that report they seemed to just state their case speaking with Board officials for approximately ten minutes before leaving, and they had no comment to make when exiting.

A case of this is what we want, have a look at it! We're not hanging about for the circus inside and we're not dealing the circus outside either.

Geez, I'd hope they had a case that was more than 10 minutes!

To me, it sounds like the county board said the management weren't resigning and the players walked. That would take about 10 minutes!

I took an egg and rasher sandwich offa a junior footballer earlier this evening. He's coming back from a cruciate and is carrying a bit of a pardóg. I told him to shape up cause his county will probably come calling in the coming months.

Lar Naparka

Quote from: macdanger2 on October 01, 2015, 09:56:39 PM
Quote from: Wildweasel74 on October 01, 2015, 08:54:04 PM
so when in all this mess will the players take responsibility, the manager cant go out and kick the ball over the bar for them, they didn't make A Moran make a mess of a goal chance in the semi or force O`Connor to go short on a 30m free when a point was enough, or the opposition cornerback get the better of your best man 7 inches taller than him and score 1-02 into the process, they lost to a very good Dublin team and i don't think and other Mayo man in charge would made a slightest difference to the result. Mayo need 2 scoring forwards, A change in management will not alter that fact!

You seem to think the players voted no confidence in the management on account of bad results i.e. the Dublin Result. That's not the case, it's to do with team preparations throughout the year.

As such, the majority of your post is irrelevant.
Yes and the rest is nonsense. ;D
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

moysider

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on October 01, 2015, 10:29:51 PM
Did they ask for 2 out of town transfers to bring some scoring power to this outfit??

Sadly they are few and far between.

Bernard Brogan is now in his 30's. Alan probably retire.
Gooch has gone back and will be @33 next championship. James O Donoghue had to be subbed in AI final.
That leaves Conor McManus and Michael Murphy. I wish but I doubt they would be up for sale. Outside those 2 there is nobody that would be a game changer.

mckieran

Quote from: moysider on October 01, 2015, 11:14:24 PM
Quote from: Wildweasel74 on October 01, 2015, 10:29:51 PM

Sadly they are few and far between.

Bernard Brogan is now in his 30's. Alan probably retire.
Gooch has gone back and will be @33 next championship. James O Donoghue had to be subbed in AI final.
That leaves Conor McManus and Michael Murphy. I wish but I doubt they would be up for sale. Outside those 2 there is nobody that would be a game changer.

He also scored 3 points from play in that final. He would be Mayos best forward if he played for them.

There are a hell of a lot of forwards out there that would improve on Jason Doherty & Kevin McLoughlin (based on this years performances)

Rossfan

Harney, Murtaghs, Smiths.......
No ye can't t have them. ;D
Anyway ye're crack can only have one outcome - management out.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Mayo4Sam

The Mayo News understands that they spoke with Board officials for approximately ten minutes before leaving, and they had no comment to make when exiting.

Seems like they're not messing around, in, deliver message, out
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Rossfan on October 01, 2015, 11:36:31 PM
Harney, Murtaghs, Smiths.......
No ye can't t have them. ;D
Anyway ye're crack can only have one outcome - management out.

Aye, those forwards shot the lights out against Fermanagh and Sligo...whoops ;)
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Rossfan

If the 5 of them had all been fit and those who were had been played for the full 70 mins we'd likely have won those 2 games despite our defensive and management frailties.

Still ye're giving great entertainment these days :D
Keep it up.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

From the Bunker

Quote from: Rossfan on October 02, 2015, 12:01:27 AM
If the 5 of them had all been fit and those who were had been played for the full 70 mins we'd likely have won those 2 games despite our defensive and management frailties.

Still ye're giving great entertainment these days :D
Keep it up.

Not a patch on the entertainment ye provided us with this summer.  ;)

Shrewdness

Ros were missing Diarmuid Murtagh, Senan Kilbride, Cathal Shine and a couple more in Enniskillen....Back to the Mayo Civil War. How long will it take for H/C To step down? The players may have grievances, but imo, the heave has been motivated by a desire to see James Horan back as manager. It's his job, if he wants it.