Senior Football Championship 2015

Started by redsetanta, March 06, 2015, 09:34:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

redsetanta

Graigue could be in bother now and their game against O'Dempseys will leave one of them in a relegation fight. It should be a good battle being a knock out game and in fairness you would think that both teams should be good enough to avoid relegation.

I assume Timmons will appeal his red card as he would be a big loss for Graigue the next day.
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

Junior Ex Laoistalk

He should appeal it even if only in the name of justice. I'm sure David would speak up for him if asked as it probably was a spur of the moment thing dropping like that.

Graigue are poor this year and certainly would miss Timmons. As you say they should have enough to stay Senior but its just papering over the cracks for the moment. A root and branch review of that club is needed as there seems to be a bit of in-fighting there but I suppose most clubs have that.

It would be a shame to see them relegated as they have always been proud Laoismen under a lot of pressure and slagging from Carlow and even a small minority of clubs in Laois.
Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

redsetanta

They mustn't be managing their underage properly as they have been reasonably successful in recent times. 4 or 5 years ago people were talking about Graigue challenging Portlaoise but seems a long way off at the moment.
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

Faugheen

I think Timmons should appeal and David Conway should be ashamed of himself.This kind of behaviour is getting all too common in Gaelic football recently and the county board should send out a clear signal that this behaviour will not be tolerated.                                                                                              Have my doubts about Eamon Strong as a referee also, as a current player (or recently retired), he should be able to tell the difference between a strike and a push and not so quick to produce red cards. He made a few baffling decisions during the game also but he wasn't the difference between Graigue winning or losing.                                                                                                                                   Maybe he should be given a few junior games to sharpen him up for senior. :o :o :o

BallyroanAbu

Spillane

Arles killeen vs Arles Kilcruise ... Killen by 6 or 7. Be a close low scoring game but can't see Kilcruise stopping Kingston for the full 60 especially if he's deployed on the small square.
Ballyroan vs The Heath... The heath by 4. Could be a good game, two good footballing sides but The Heath moving well this year.
MountMellick vs St. Josephs... MM by 6. Josephs struggled against ballyfin and now have Butler and Campion suspended. MM dark horses.
Portlaoise vs Killeshin... Portlaoise by 8. If Killeshin start the same way as they did last time and keep out the goals they'll have some hope. Doubt the town will be as flat this time out.

Graigue vs O'Dempseys ... O'D by 3. The standout fixture in the losers group. Could be a good game. But O'D have more guts in this make or break game.
Ballyfin vs Cretty ... Cretty by 3. Suspensions will cost Ballyfin this year as they will be sent down.
Emo vs Ballylinan ... Going for a draw in this one. Costeloe returning to fitness might be the decider in this game as Emo are short fire power.
Stradbally vs Port ... Port by 6. They'll be eager to put right the last game out. Stradbally's lack of fitness was their biggest demise against portlaoise.

Uisce

Arles killeen vs Arles Kilcruise ... Killeen look to be going well. Kilcruise will be boosted by the win the last day but Killeen should have too much.
Ballyroan vs The Heath... The Heath to win this with relative ease.
MountMellick vs St. Josephs... Mountmellick. Suspensions will weaken Josephs and will be happy to just have avoided relegation.
Portlaoise vs Killeshin... Portlaoise. Town will only improve as championship moves on.

Graigue vs O'Dempseys ... Very hard to call so will go for a draw.
Ballyfin vs Cretty ... Crettyard, Ballyfin much weaker with suspensions.
Emo vs Ballylinan ... Ballylinan looked good enough the first day whereas Emo got a nice trimming. Ballylinan.
Stradbally vs Port ... Port, too strong to be facing relegation!

Faugheen

Quote from: Junior Ex Laoistalk on August 14, 2015, 04:42:39 PM
He should appeal it even if only in the name of justice. I'm sure David would speak up for him if asked as it probably was a spur of the moment thing dropping like that.

Graigue are poor this year and certainly would miss Timmons. As you say they should have enough to stay Senior but its just papering over the cracks for the moment. A root and branch review of that club is needed as there seems to be a bit of in-fighting there but I suppose most clubs have that.

It would be a shame to see them relegated as they have always been proud Laoismen under a lot of pressure and slagging from Carlow and even a small minority of clubs in Laois.

Heard he won his appeal....Even though Conway declined an invitation to speak on his behalf.

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Delighted to hear that justice was done, if not on the field then in the boardroom. If that's true about David Conway then I personally am sickened with him and he has gone down a lot in my estimation.

I thought it was just a reaction on his part and that, given the chance, he would be man enough to speak out against the injustice handed out to Timmons and the Graiguecullen team. Everyone, including some honest Arles supporters around me could see that the ref was wrong and Conway had a chance to stand up and be counted but he choose not to. That's his decision and he has to stand by what he thinks but I can't see myself hoping they beat Killeen after that.

Think he has just given Killeen some ammunition to throw at him during the next game ....

SCFC

I hear Killeen may not have either of the Donies for the big derby. Kinsella refereeing it, he should keep a tight rein on it.

redsetanta

Why no Donies? They would never miss the derby particularly Donie B.

Hesh will have a birds eye view of proceedings so!

Gmac

Quote from: redsetanta on August 19, 2015, 11:28:37 PM

Judging by any comment hesh has ever made on this site or laoistalk I know who he would like to win,

Heshs Umpire

Quote from: Gmac on August 20, 2015, 02:50:10 PM
Quote from: redsetanta on August 19, 2015, 11:28:37 PM

Judging by any comment hesh has ever made on this site or laoistalk I know who he would like to win,
:) True. Still, you could go to referee or linesman or umpire any game and have a "favourite" but it wouldn't stop you doing the job 100% fairly.
Sure, I've even done Kildare games!!!
Well I could keep it above
But then it wouldn't be sky anymore

Junior Ex Laoistalk

If the two Donie's are out then I think Kilcruise will win it. Why are they out ??

The Monument Road

Quote from: Junior Ex Laoistalk on August 20, 2015, 06:45:27 PM
If the two Donie's are out then I think Kilcruise will win it. Why are they out ??
They are out due to a new tactic devised by their management....spooking the opposition :'( :-* :-\ :-\