Senior Football Championship 2015

Started by redsetanta, March 06, 2015, 09:34:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OTF

Quote from: Junior Ex Laoistalk on August 24, 2015, 06:21:23 PM
Quote from: redsetanta on August 24, 2015, 05:52:31 PM
You'd miss Huey around the place. He'd be going to town about the dirth of young talent coming through.

OTF mentioned earlier on a different thread that he was still around here as "Don".. not sure about that tho'

Quote from: OTF on July 09, 2015, 05:02:37 PM
Quote from: SCFC on July 08, 2015, 11:53:12 PM
Quote from: The Melancholy Sloth on July 08, 2015, 01:36:16 PM
I think Don has dug his own grave at this stage. A lot of posters on this forum seem to have a complete lack of decorum and there is a complete respect for the other posters and their opinions. At least on Laoistalk there was a moderator to filter out some of this stuff so the real issues at hand could be discussed.

The irony considering who Don used to be on Laoistalk!

Ha Ha that is very good.
I guessed it was Huey or himself and Huey has no sense of humour..

No Junior, from what I can gather Don was more senior shall we say.
I never though I say this but you'd miss Huey whinger and all as he was.

Keyser Söze

Quote from: OTF on August 24, 2015, 08:37:18 PM
Quote from: Junior Ex Laoistalk on August 24, 2015, 06:21:23 PM
Quote from: redsetanta on August 24, 2015, 05:52:31 PM
You'd miss Huey around the place. He'd be going to town about the dirth of young talent coming through.

OTF mentioned earlier on a different thread that he was still around here as "Don".. not sure about that tho'

Quote from: OTF on July 09, 2015, 05:02:37 PM
Quote from: SCFC on July 08, 2015, 11:53:12 PM
Quote from: The Melancholy Sloth on July 08, 2015, 01:36:16 PM
I think Don has dug his own grave at this stage. A lot of posters on this forum seem to have a complete lack of decorum and there is a complete respect for the other posters and their opinions. At least on Laoistalk there was a moderator to filter out some of this stuff so the real issues at hand could be discussed.

The irony considering who Don used to be on Laoistalk!

Ha Ha that is very good.
I guessed it was Huey or himself and Huey has no sense of humour..

No Junior, from what I can gather Don was more senior shall we say.
I never though I say this but you'd miss Huey whinger and all as he was.

Oh please don't draw him on us!
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled.......

Junior Ex Laoistalk

I liked Huey as he always had his own opinion on all things Laois and he was a very knowledgeable guy as far as Gaa was concerned.
Huey, if you are around let yourself be known and bring back the banter to this forum... :P
Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

Keyser Söze

Quote from: Junior Ex Laoistalk on August 25, 2015, 12:51:54 AM
I liked Huey as he always had his own opinion on all things Laois and he was a very knowledgeable guy as far as Gaa was concerned.
Huey, if you are around let yourself be known and bring back the banter to this forum... :P

We are all going to suffer because of this.....
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled.......

OTF

Quote from: Keyser Söze on August 25, 2015, 01:11:29 AM

We are all going to suffer because of this.....

Ye Huey it hard to believe you stayed away this long.

Uisce

A relatively poor round of games at the weekend. Well, the ones I saw anyway. The Heath really look good and now look like the team that could challenge Portlaoise over Kileen. They haven't had any real challenge as of yet so it will be interesting to see how they fair, their tails will be up though and will fancy their chances against anyone. Portlaoise beat Killeshin with relative ease and its possible they will face no real challenge prior to a county semi final at least! A poor enough championship so far though i'm afraid!

On the relegation side of things, shocked to see O'Dempseys down there, as I would have fancied them to do well this year! It doesn't look great for Ballyfin in their first year senior and will struggle to beat any of those teams in the relegation side.

Heshs Umpire

I thought the Arles v Killeen game was pretty good. There's not much between them but if Killeen can get Enright back and Donie K fully fit, it will give them a big shot. Arles Kilcruise were a bit unlucky not to score at least one goal. Would've been interesting had they done so.
Saw second half of Crettyard v Ballyfin. It now looks bad for Ballyfin but I wouldn't rule them out against Ballylinan in the relegation semi. Young Moore is just a joy to watch. He's the kind of player that excites you when the ball heads in his direction and it's a while since we've had one of those. With Finn back, I hope they give staying up a right good go.
Crettyard looked OK but I think Mountmellick should beat them next day out.
The Heath were very good. It's great to see one of the county's traditional clubs going well. They haven't many weak positions and could well reach the final. The big Kerryman can look ungainly at times but he's very effective. Chris Bergin is in great form and young Keane is dangerous.
Ballyroan Abbey were very disappointing. Tierney got a couple of nice scores but they lacked firepower upfront apart from him.
Well I could keep it above
But then it wouldn't be sky anymore

beano

Any players showing "County Potential" over the weekend?

SCFC

Quote from: beano on August 25, 2015, 07:27:07 PM
Any players showing "County Potential" over the weekend?
Nothing new that I saw. Joe Mulhare of Killeen is a pretty sticky back and might be worth trying.
Where did the two Stynes brothers go that played with Kilcruise? One of them, Rory, was a very good player. Mick O'Shea not playing too?

redsetanta

Two Stynes' playing rugby with Old Wesley as far as I know and Mick Shea has hung up his boots.

The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

Unlaoised

Yes the young Moore is a great talent I believe if ballyfin had their full side they could have matched if not beaten crettyard.

The Heath look to be going great guns and I think they can get to the final if they avoid the town

LAOIS ABÚ

HurlingCountry

Wouldn't be suprised to see Crettyard beat MM, MM looked flakey against joes and while joes fowards were good not sure if MM will be able to deal with carroll and murphy among maher and brennan in the Cretty attack. Arles Kilcruise if avoid Portlaoise may get a good run, very unlucky v Kileen. Can't see Port slipping up again especially if they have a full 15, strad lack complacency in letting both porlaoise and port comeback at them. However town still team to beat, anyone have any idea who's next in line??

SCFC

Port must be one of the most frustrating teams in senior football. Played very well tonight to hammer Strad but capable of losing to anyone on a bad day. Think Arles Kilcruise will beat them in round three.

Hospital Pass

Port are unpredictable alright SCFC. Port won the replay by winning more ball in the middle. they kept the ball away from maher at midfield and won all the breaking ball. the stradbally forwards were starved of ball. Stradbally seem to have no panel. they took 2 players off, only to later bring them back on.
Colm Murphy from what I have seen in the 2 games deserves a county call up. Stradbally v Ballyfin relegation final looks likely now.

Dave like the tv channel

You have to chant his name backwards, in front of a mirror at midnight to invoke his Hueyness.