Oxegen

Started by redboots, May 10, 2007, 04:23:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dinny Breen

Do you get a refund on your car parking ticket?
#newbridgeornowhere

pintsofguinness

Can't think of anything worse than spending a weekend at this thing!
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

ExiledGael

Have to say the craic was great at times but never ever again will I go near that.
I've tramped about many farms in my time but I've never seen a muckier hole.
Toilets an absolute disgrace from Friday afternoon even, but they lorries had serious trouble getting in to empty them.
Even so it was far from cheap for the tickets you'd at least expect to be able to take a clean dump at some stage of the weekend, some of the sights of piss/shit/tampons piled all over the place will never leave me!

Must say Muse were brilliant, as expected

charlie stubbs

was some aul craic alright hardly quit laughing all weekend,at the end i just laughed at the conditions was a clean joke.went to the bog one time myself ppl on the job 2 cubicles up,1 of my mates saw some fella lying in the muck wrote off playing with himsel.the only downsides i thought was the journey home and some complete tossers from the south who gave us abuse because we from the north!dicks all we where there was to have a good time and make new friends

redboots

The Craic was 90, but the muck was tarra, never again will I pay 200 quid for the likes of it. Money wasted on tents wellies (buried) ........ Van mucked to the roof and some hoor nicked my camera from under my nose........ 
Red Boots

Hank Everlast

Im only recovering from the weekend now, has to be one of the best ever.... the rain was a pity but it was still amazing!
Muse, kings of Leon and the killers were the best.
Mika was impressive even tho i dont like him
Daft punk and caught 10 mins of Wu tang Clan were my suprise packages

Trying to set up our tent in the pishing rain with skin ful in us on friday evening was a disaster and it ment that everything inside the tent was soaking all weekend!

Still wen do the tickets for next year come back on sale!!

westmayo

Havne't been to it for a few years, it's crazy they still haven't sorted out the bog situation. The only way to do it is head to the dance arean early on in the day, (I presume it's still the same building) and use the jacks there. Proper flushing toilet and running water, was a lifesaver the last time I went to oxegen.

Louth Exile

Quote from: westmayo on July 11, 2007, 12:22:42 PM
Havne't been to it for a few years, it's crazy they still haven't sorted out the bog situation. The only way to do it is head to the dance arean early on in the day, (I presume it's still the same building) and use the jacks there. Proper flushing toilet and running water, was a lifesaver the last time I went to oxegen.

The dance arena is your only man first thing in the morning to empty the tubes alright.

How did you get on selling the overpriced ponchos Hank???
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

mannix

Never was near this thing and never will, the promoters must have a great laugh.
Muck and shit and piss every where and still gombeens will come next year and think this conditions are good,seen guns and roses in slane on a warm sunny day in 1992 i think.Nevr forgot it or the trip into dublin in a pickup truck when i nearly froze to death in a teeshirt.
I suppose the drugs must work if people hang around in muck all weekend.

charlie stubbs

mannix sometimes you just have to push on.the craic is unreal at these rock and roll festivals yeah you get mucked up,if your cold you didnt bring enough clothes not anyone elses fault!i hated the mud was glad get home monday,but just the texts and emails i have been getting make me laugh,ill be back!

Moose

There were probably a few incidents alright at Oxegen but overall I think the violence and tent burning were worse last year, no surprise really to find that the big topic of conversation on Joe Duffy was how bad Oxegen was, some people just have to have something to complain about

mannix

Charlie, maybe i have moved on and got too old for that kind of stuff.I suppose when you get enough diesel on board and the mates are there anything can be crack.

Ulick

Catch the high ball

What time of year do the tickets go on sale and where is the best place to get them?
GAA Board World Cup Sweepstake Winner 2010