Figuring out who is catholic on the NI soccer panel

Started by seafoid, May 26, 2016, 11:05:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

general_lee

Quote from: Tonto on June 14, 2016, 06:53:21 AM
Quote from: BennyCake on June 13, 2016, 10:29:24 PM
Quote from: gawa316 on June 13, 2016, 08:03:56 PM
Very nice touch by the fans singing 'Stand up for the Ulstermen' in the 24th minute in respect to the NI fan who passed away. They didn't have to do that and nobody would've batted an eyelid if they didn't so huge respect to those fans.

Obviously both sets of fans need geography lessons then.
Oh yes you gents are very clever that you know the little known (!) fact that there are 9 counties in Ulster... Well done. But I must say I'm confused a little about why it's wrong for NI fans to sing Stand Up for the Ulstermen when all of NI is in Ulster and, therefore, all the players could be considered Ulstermen?  Also the RoI fans were apparently singing UlsterMAN because of the young man that died... Have they moved Ballymena outside of Ulster?

I must say the attitude of so many posters on here is pathetic.
Some plonkers alright. RIP

seafoid

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 14, 2016, 07:47:17 AM
Quote from: seafoid on June 14, 2016, 07:32:13 AM
Great to see NI at the finals but it is 24 teams out of 53 ie slightly less than half. So there is quite a lot of chaff playing . How the Dutch didn't make it is a mystery. Even Albania qualified.

They topped the group and didn't require the playoffs..... You are relentless.. Grade A WUM
They should be top 8 then MR :o. I expect them to top their group and make it to the QFs on your assessment . If Will Grigg is on fire no hassle.
The distribution of quality in the groups was questionable.

24 teams out of 53 is taking the urine imo.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: seafoid on June 14, 2016, 08:20:49 AM
Great to see NI at the finals but it is 24 teams out of 53 ie slightly less than half. So there is quite a lot of chaff playing . How the Dutch didn't make it is a mystery. Even Albania qualified.

They topped the group and didn't require the playoffs..... You are relentless.. Grade A WUM
They should be top 8 then MR :o. I expect them to top their group and make it to the QFs on your assessment . If Will Grigg is on fire no hassle.

Getting out of the qualifiers means well done, now you're up against the better teams in Europe and based on seeding's means you'll be in a tougher finals group, Poland Germany and Ukraine much better team than n.i plus factor in that none of the n.i team or management has and tournament experience... I've said that already,  which makes it so much harder, you get the odd team that bucks the trend but qualifier's and finals are different and need a different approach..

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Over the Bar on June 13, 2016, 10:28:18 PM
QuoteIs the Billy Boys "party song" of yesteryear now out of favour amongst the GAWA? I'm so tired of listening to Will Grigg's on fire that I'd welcome its return.

Are u seriously deriding the NI fans for singing a pop anthem rather than a sectarian chant?  Wise up.
Their fans are as one dimensional as the team. At least England fans have Engerland,  Engerland, Engerland and GSTQ. No Surrender to the IRA is a tad anachronistic these days but they haven't he intelligence to think of anything else.

armaghniac

Quote from: Over the Bar on June 13, 2016, 10:28:18 PM
QuoteIs the Billy Boys "party song" of yesteryear now out of favour amongst the GAWA? I'm so tired of listening to Will Grigg's on fire that I'd welcome its return.

Are u seriously deriding the NI fans for singing a pop anthem rather than a sectarian chant?  Wise up.

The sectarian chant would be a more authentic representation of the place they are supporting, although in fairness some people would like to see it on fire.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

seafoid

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 14, 2016, 08:35:44 AM

Getting out of the qualifiers means well done, now you're up against the better teams in Europe and based on seeding's means you'll be in a tougher finals group, Poland Germany and Ukraine much better team than n.i plus factor in that none of the n.i team or management has and tournament experience... I've said that already,  which makes it so much harder, you get the odd team that bucks the trend but qualifier's and finals are different and need a different approach..
You are not coherent, MR. I think NI are chaff . You said they topped the group. Now you say they are chaff

themac_23

Quote from: seafoid on June 14, 2016, 11:00:54 AM

You are not coherent, MR. I think NI are chaff . You said they topped the group. Now you say they are chaff

Surely the point he is making is that the euros being expanded didn't impact NI for qualifying but ironically it did for the Republic? the point he is also making is they got out of a 'qualifying' group and now get to the higher quality 'tournament' group which is of a concentrated higher quality with more pressure? but then again, you already knew thats what he meant  ;)

Milltown Row2

Quote from: themac_23 on June 14, 2016, 11:59:59 AM
Quote from: seafoid on June 14, 2016, 11:00:54 AM

Surely the point he is making is that the euros being expanded didn't impact NI for qualifying but ironically it did for the Republic? the point he is also making is they got out of a 'qualifying' group and now get to the higher quality 'tournament' group which is of a concentrated higher quality with more pressure? but then again, you already knew thats what he meant  ;)

I'm wasting my time on a Wum, I know I shouldn't but I don't get the mentality of the WUM
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Fuzzman

I see there's another Norn Iron fan gone missing in Nice.

Concerns are growing about a Northern Ireland fan feared missing at the European Championships in France.
Kane Leslie has not been seen since Sunday afternoon in Nice when he was last in a bar with plans to sleep on the beach, according to tweets by his friends.

It follows the death of Darren Rodgers in the French south coast city when he fell from a promenade.
Nice's pebble beach is some seven kilometres long.
Mr Leslie's friend Steve Hudson has been searching tirelessly for him.

He tweeted: "Need some sleep. Please keep sharing #findkane / he's lost his wallet apparently as well."

Ahh he was found today.
http://www.belfastlive.co.uk/news/belfast-news/friends-make-urgent-appeal-find-11469423#ICID=sharebar_twitter

Applesisapples

Quote from: AQMP on June 14, 2016, 03:10:09 PM
Quote from: Fuzzman on June 14, 2016, 02:06:22 PM

Concerns are growing about a Northern Ireland fan feared missing at the European Championships in France.
Kane Leslie has not been seen since Sunday afternoon in Nice when he was last in a bar with plans to sleep on the beach, according to tweets by his friends.

It follows the death of Darren Rodgers in the French south coast city when he fell from a promenade.

He tweeted: "Need some sleep. Please keep sharing #findkane / he's lost his wallet apparently as well."

Ahh he was found today.
http://www.belfastlive.co.uk/news/belfast-news/friends-make-urgent-appeal-find-11469423#ICID=sharebar_twitter

Nice fleg
Gotta hand it to Loyalism the are very creative when it comes to flegs.

Walter Cronc

Quote from: Applesisapples on June 14, 2016, 03:20:35 PM
Quote from: AQMP on June 14, 2016, 03:10:09 PM
Quote from: Fuzzman on June 14, 2016, 02:06:22 PM

Ahh he was found today.

Nice fleg
Gotta hand it to Loyalism the are very creative when it comes to flegs.

Big time. I think the 4 white squares give them so much scope for innovation!

Milltown Row2

Shocker... N.i fan supports Rangers, next you'll be saying Celtic supporters from Dublin support ROI

armaghniac

We are not surprised that a Rangers fan supports NI, we are just surprised that anyone else does.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: armaghniac on June 14, 2016, 08:37:19 PM
We are not surprised that a Rangers fan supports NI, we are just surprised that anyone else does.

I know, its crazy people from other countries supporting clubs from other countries.... Madness

armaghniac

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 14, 2016, 08:50:46 PM
Quote from: armaghniac on June 14, 2016, 08:37:19 PM

I know, its crazy people from other countries supporting clubs from other countries.... Madness

Some people aren't even sure what country they are in, and a few outright loonies even think NI is a country.