Shankill Butchers program 28-03-11

Started by Denn Forever, March 28, 2011, 08:24:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Denn Forever

I'm surprised there has been no mention of this. 

21:00 Shankill Butchers (T) Stephen Nolan examines the murders committed by the Shankill Butchers, a gang of serial killers that operated during the dark days of the Troubles. The presenter looks at the evidence and conducts interviews, as well as returning to the area where he was brought up to ask how the criminals managed to evade the authorities for so long.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Nally Stand

Should be interesting.

Have to wonder at the choice of presenter though.
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

screenmachine

Aye you couldn't listen to that balloon Nolan, you know he's just reading everything off a sheet-not a clue!
I'm gonna punch you in the ovary, that's what I'm gonna do. A straight shot. Right to the babymaker.

Minder

I have a feeling fat Nolan is going to ruin this for me.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

mylestheslasher

I don't know if i'll watch, some things I'd rather forget about and this is one of them. Sick psychos that used the troubles as a means to disguise their love of slaughtering and torturing innocent people.

Rocky Mc Guigan

Nolan the presenter is reason enough not to tune in

screenmachine

I'm expecting the camera to flick to Nolan and him to be filling his face with fast food. This police man seems like a right useless cnut as well no harm to him...
I'm gonna punch you in the ovary, that's what I'm gonna do. A straight shot. Right to the babymaker.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: screenmachine on March 28, 2011, 09:22:25 PM
I'm expecting the camera to flick to Nolan and him to be filling his face with fast food. This police man seems like a right useless cnut as well no harm to him...
I've only one eye on it here but did I hear right - the policeman said on one breath everyone in the shankhill knew and then on the next that the uvf didn't know.
Yon oul woman with the grey hair seems a right bitch too.

Nolan actually seems to be doing ok too, I normally can't stand him.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Nally Stand

Quote from: pintsofguinness on March 28, 2011, 09:24:54 PM
I've only one eye on it here but did I hear right - the policeman said on one breath everyone in the shankhill knew and then on the next that the uvf didn't know.

That cop would put pinnochio to shame. Lying hypocritical tr**p. He looked very uncomfortable with some of the questions being asked off him. Nolan better than expected I must say.
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

ziggysego

Surprised to learn that one of the former Big Brother psychologists was in a gang with one of the Shankill Butchers.

Nolan is covering himself well, unlike his suit.
Testing Accessibility

sammymaguire

Supposedly the forces colluded with the Ra to get on of the main men in the UVF...  ???
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

mylestheslasher

Quote from: sammymaguire on March 28, 2011, 10:02:55 PM
Supposedly the forces colluded with the Ra to get on of the main men in the UVF...  ???

Nope - some loyalists fitted up Murphy to get him shot for their own reasons - probably related to power struggles within their own community. Murphy and his crew had previously executed some other loyalists during feuds.

ziggysego

Quote from: sammymaguire on March 28, 2011, 10:02:55 PM

Was it not that the IRA colluded with the UVF to get Murphy?
Testing Accessibility

Milltown Row2

Quote from: pintsofguinness on March 28, 2011, 09:24:54 PM

Baroness May Blood is a hard working woman who from working in the Mills for many years on the Crumlin road threw herself into community work and cross community work, still to this day she works hard at trying to change attitudes within her own area. I'd say she has done a lot more than you POG

Read the book many years ago and know the girl that was on talking about her dad who was killed, the pain they suffered was immense and they have never got over the loss of their dad.

Only for the survivor this gang would have continued, the police were useless but in fairness knowing who was in this gang would not have ended with a conviction.

Thought Nolan surprisingly did a good job on a difficult topic that would certainly embarrass the prod community
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

paco

I thought Nolan was good too, I'd say your man Nesbitt was regretting signing up after a few of his questions anyway. Nolan's radio programme should be interesting tomorrow morning.