Game of the year?

Started by stiffler, September 21, 2008, 10:21:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stiffler

It has been a very good championship this year, with alot of twists and turns.

What has been the best game of this year?

My vote would go to the Down Tyrone replay in June!
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

Gnevin

What championship where you  watching it was a shit championship.

Kerry V Tyrone was prob the best game all year
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

Hardy

Today was a contender, but Kerry-Galway for me.

AN other

comethekingdom

Quote from: Hardy on September 21, 2008, 10:30:16 PM
Today was a contender, but Kerry-Galway for me.

Ditto.
Was at the game and got drowned but worth every bit of it.

AFS

Anyone that was at it would've realised that there hasn't been a game to touch the Down-Tyrone replay in the Marshes this year. I suspect the only reason its being overlooked by some here in favour of other games is because it wasn't on TV.

Bogball XV

Quote from: Gnevin on September 21, 2008, 10:25:06 PM

How was it a shit championship?  I thought it was pretty good overall, there were a fair few decent games, plenty of comebacks and upsets - overall good.

J70

Quote from: Bogball XV on September 21, 2008, 10:47:37 PM

How was it a shit championship?  I thought it was pretty good overall, there were a fair few decent games, plenty of comebacks and upsets - overall good.

I thought it was pretty good too. A couple of shite matches in the quarter-finals, but apart from that it was decent enough.

Most of the Ulster games were quite good this year, apart from maybe the final replay.

IolarCoisCuain

Gnevin

Quote from: J70 on September 21, 2008, 10:50:29 PM

I thought it was pretty good too. A couple of shite matches in the quarter-finals, but apart from that it was decent enough.

Most of the Ulster games were quite good this year, apart from maybe the final replay.

Poor Leinster and Connaught championship, poor Connaught final , Poor ulster replay . Half decent Munster final , nothing to report about the rest of the Chamionship.  Some shocking performances Meath, Dublin  ,Kildare ,Cavan  spring to mind.

Shocking quarter finals Dublin springs to mind , Cork doing their best to lose to Kildare . Very few memorable games

Too much bullshit associated with Galvin, Moran and others .
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

Bogball XV

Donegal v Derry, Wexford v Meath, Laois v Wicklow, Limerick v Cork (2 last minute goals, didn't see much of it though), Munster final, Connaught final, Ulster final, Galway v Leitrim, Down v Tyrone x2, Derry v Monaghan, Donegal v Monaghan, Kerry v Monaghan, Galway v Kerry, Armagh v Wexford, Tyrone v Dublin, Wexford v Tyrone and Cork v Kerry x2 -  all finished off by our best final since 2005

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Gnevin on September 21, 2008, 10:56:50 PM
Quote from: J70 on September 21, 2008, 10:50:29 PM

Poor Leinster and Connaught championship, poor Connaught final.

Connacht final was a good game of football. Not a great first half but the second half was very good. Score for score.

INDIANA

wasn't a great year lads, you're clutching at straws. very good game today but the game of the year was kerry v galway in a near monsoon.

bogball - donegal v derry was average at best, laois and wicklow was like watching 2 bad club teams, armagh and wexford was poor , i could go on but i won't. a pretty average year all round. even todays final good as it was wasn't a patch on 2005.

Donagh

Waterford and Tipp followed by Tyrone and Down.

Bogball XV

Quote from: INDIANA on September 21, 2008, 11:41:33 PM
wasn't a great year lads, you're clutching at straws. very good game today but the game of the year was kerry v galway in a near monsoon.

bogball - donegal v derry was average at best, laois and wicklow was like watching 2 bad club teams, armagh and wexford was poor , i could go on but i won't. a pretty average year all round. even todays final good as it was wasn't a patch on 2005.
I enjoyed Laois v Wicklow and Armagh v Wexford - the quality may not have been great, but there's more to a game than that.  I agree the final wasn't as high quality as 05 and there were a lot of mistakes, but it was a good hard, tight game of football between the two best sides in the country and we needed a decent final after the last 2.