Would you manage versus your own

Started by Truth hurts, November 08, 2022, 09:58:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Armagh18

Quote from: Eire90 on November 09, 2022, 01:38:10 PM
how much bucks is  on i thought it was amatuer.
Surely you aren't naive enough to think he's driving away to Ballybay 3 or 4 times a week out of the goodness of his heart

gallsman

What happens if they win, does he saunter back in and say "right lads, that's me back in charge for the semi"?

blanketattack

Jerome Johnston was born a couple of generations too early. He's a snowflake in a middle aged man's body.
Your own manager purposely sabotaging your team's chances is bad form.

Eire90

Quote from: Armagh18 on November 09, 2022, 02:04:09 PM
Surely you aren't naive enough to think he's driving away to Ballybay 3 or 4 times a week out of the goodness of his heart

no but i just wondering how much he getting paid

Eire90

Dont really care tho hes not putting  spuds on my plate

rodney trotter

Quote from: Eire90 on November 09, 2022, 02:30:08 PM
Quote from: Armagh18 on November 09, 2022, 02:04:09 PM

no but i just wondering how much he getting paid

He would getting paid per session like a lot of managers. Not involved this week so hardly getting paid.

He made it clear at the start of the head he wouldn't manage against his own club.

trailer

Quote from: JimStynes on November 09, 2022, 02:02:03 PM
Quote from: trailer on November 09, 2022, 01:51:24 PM
Andy Farrell is to Step aside from managing Ireland V England and his son Owen in next years Six Nations. Sounds absurd? Yeah? That's because it f**king is.

Not comparable at all. GAA is completely different and unique, especially in rural areas like Kilcoo. Even county isn't the same situation. I couldn't give a shit someone managing against their own county. Club for me is completely different. Anyway, both clubs seem ok with his decision.

It is exactly comparable. GAA is different me bollocks. Spare me this shite. If it was so different why is driving half way across the county 3 or 4 times a week to manage a club he has no affiliation with or love for?

square_ball

Quote from: JimStynes on November 09, 2022, 02:02:03 PM
Quote from: trailer on November 09, 2022, 01:51:24 PM
Andy Farrell is to Step aside from managing Ireland V England and his son Owen in next years Six Nations. Sounds absurd? Yeah? That's because it f**king is.

Not comparable at all. GAA is completely different and unique, especially in rural areas like Kilcoo. Even county isn't the same situation. I couldn't give a shit someone managing against their own county. Club for me is completely different. Anyway, both clubs seem ok with his decision.

Of course Kilcoo are OK with the decision. In fact I'd suggest they are absolutely over the moon with the decision. The team they are playing this weekend won't have their manager on the line.

charlieTully

Quote from: Lotto on November 08, 2022, 07:22:42 PM
That is some pile of dung of an article about Jerome Johnston. I remember reading bits of it at the time and same again here. Many parts are just pure fiction all to make a good story. Everyone in Down knows the depths they go to win at all levels of their club. Johnston is the Ballybay manager and should grow a pair.

Sour grapes.

GiveItToTheShooters

He should be on the line. Letting his team down by not doing so, players should tell him to stay away.
Can't pick and choose, you are the manager or you're not.

Wildweasel74

Ballybay had any balls they tell him his services are no longer required, Mickey Moran no issue brining down Glen by managing their nearest rivals Slaughtneil and then against Glen last year. Be honest before Ballybay, hadn't hear of him as a manager at all. Presume he managed Kilcoo to some of their early titles. You get in that game, take the money, you know the score. What high level senior team will take him down the line if he's not fully committed.

snoopdog

Very poor by Johnson if that's confirmed.  If Ballybay win they should tell him his services are no longer required.

SHEEDY

Are Ballybay complaining about the situation? If not why does it bother other people so much? Seems to be a lot of it from people who want to have a go at Jerome Johnson and/or Kilcoo.
nil satis nisi optimum

Saul goodman

Quote from: snoopdog on November 09, 2022, 08:14:56 PM
Very poor by Johnson if that's confirmed.  If Ballybay win they should tell him his services are no longer required.

I do not think they will do that, nor should they he has to get some credit along with Mark Doran for getting a tune out of them this year. Think they are more likely to keep him on for another year win/lose/draw on Sunday than give him the road because he won't manage against his sons and nephews (which he said all along)

Saul goodman

Quote from: SHEEDY on November 09, 2022, 09:24:20 PM
Are Ballybay complaining about the situation? If not why does it bother other people so much? Seems to be a lot of it from people who want to have a go at Jerome Johnson and/or Kilcoo.

Agree with that- turning into a bit of a side show