Previous topic - Next topic

oakleaflad

Anyone watched 'The OA' on Netflix?

Jeepers Creepers

Quote from: oakleaflad on April 01, 2019, 10:07:44 PM

It's wired to the moon but strangely absorbing

bennydorano

Yeah enjoyable nonsense. The 'movement's are particularly silly and slightly ruin a potentially great show imo.

It reminded me of an old visual PTQ gag - At a boardroom meeting the Chairman introduces the Treasurer who will deliver the annual results through the medium of dance🧚‍♀️

Solo_run

Just watched the first episode of the good doctor 10/10

screenexile

Quote from: Solo_run on April 04, 2019, 01:47:00 AM
Just watched the first episode of the good doctor 10/10

Meh. I watched most of the first series and while it's an interesting concept it's quite similar to House and I think at this stage Medical Drama's need to take a break for a while there's been a serious overload of them since ER.

bennydorano

Storyville - The trial of Ratko Mladic, grim.

bennydorano

Watching Santa Clarita Diet on Netflix, if you can get past the totally played Zombie / undead premise it has been very funny at times.

BennyCake

'Dead Pixels' on E4, anyone?

ziggy90

Quote from: bennydorano on April 04, 2019, 01:02:34 PM

What channel is that on?
Questions that shouldn't be asked shouldn't be answered

Tony Baloney

Quote from: ziggy90 on April 05, 2019, 05:35:48 PM

What channel is that on?
BBC. Probably get it on iPlayer. I watched about 10 mins when it was on and recorded it. Grim is a good description of the few mins I saw. Amazing that it happened on our doorstep in the 90s.

ziggy90

Quote from: Tony Baloney on April 05, 2019, 05:43:38 PM

What channel is that on?
BBC. Probably get it on iPlayer. I watched about 10 mins when it was on and recorded it. Grim is a good description of the few mins I saw. Amazing that it happened on our doorstep in the 90s.

Cheers.
Yes it was grim but also predictable. The Balkans was and still is a powder keg. Mladic was a very sinister and bloodthirsty "creature".
Questions that shouldn't be asked shouldn't be answered

Main Street

Quote from: ziggy90 on April 05, 2019, 06:47:54 PM

What channel is that on?

Cheers.
Yes it was grim but also predictable. The Balkans was and still is a powder keg. Mladic was a very sinister and bloodthirsty "creature".
I look forward to watching the dramatisation of how this foul rat fared in the court.

I see that 650 men/women have already been convicted of war crimes in the Balkans,
83 have been convicted in the IC
http://tinyurl.com/convicted-war-criminals

Main Street

Quote from: Main Street on April 05, 2019, 06:51:02 PM
Quote from: ziggy90 on April 05, 2019, 06:47:54 PM

What channel is that on?

Cheers.
I look forward to watching the dramatisation of how this foul rat fared in the court.

I see that 650 men/women have already been convicted of war crimes in the Balkans,
83 have been convicted in the IC
http://tinyurl.com/convicted-war-criminals
After watching it I see that's it's a most welcome epilogue  to the first Storyville documentary on Srebrenica - A Cry from the Grave 1999
viewable on you tube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fliw801iX84
Unfortunately the  Bosnians did not  have a UN officer of the calibre  of commandant Pat Quinlan to protect them.

oakleaflad

Quote from: bennydorano on April 03, 2019, 02:18:29 PM
Yeah enjoyable nonsense. The 'movement's are particularly silly and slightly ruin a potentially great show imo.

It reminded me of an old visual PTQ gag - At a boardroom meeting the Chairman introduces the Treasurer who will deliver the annual results through the medium of dance🧚‍♀️
Quote from: Jeepers Creepers on April 01, 2019, 10:12:00 PM
Quote from: oakleaflad on April 01, 2019, 10:07:44 PM

It's wired to the moon but strangely absorbing
Binge watched this with herself. Mad as a bag of spiders but I found myself always wanting to watch the next episode. I have to say I quite enjoyed both seasons so far.

We also watched Ricky Gervais' series 'After Life' recently. It really is an excellent show. One I would advise everyone to watch.

imtommygunn

Hard to beat Line of Duty. Great show.