FAI...June 2024 Friendlies v Hungary and Portugal

Started by Cúig huaire, November 19, 2009, 01:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

extra time

QPR at the weekend. Having a great season for the R,s.

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: Capt Pat on April 21, 2022, 09:59:52 PM
I didn't know he was Irish watching the game but 20 year old Nathan Collins got on the score sheet again for Burnley in their 2-0 win against Southampton. He is a centre back and one for Stephen Kenny to keep an eye on.
He has 2 caps...

weareros

Good result for U21s. 3 nice goals. Still in contention to win group.

Itchy

1 step forward, 2 steps back. That was very poor.

weareros

Capt Pat

That was supposedly the weakest team in the group we were up against. Are Ireland taking the nations league as seriously as they should?

From the Bunker

Quote from: Capt Pat on June 04, 2022, 03:58:18 PM
That was supposedly the weakest team in the group we were up against. Are Ireland taking the nations league as seriously as they should?

They were supposed to be taking this competition serious.  :-\

red hander

Quote from: Itchy on June 04, 2022, 03:55:46 PM
1 step forward, 2 steps back. That was very poor.

Sent text to mate saying exact same thing on final whistle.

tiempo

Had the misfortune of watching most of the game earlier. I'm sorry but this time I'm absolutely adamant, the Dubs would've made a better fist of that. Pure amateur hour from RoI, an embarrassing level of output for a representative team

Turf

Real end of season vibes to the game I thought. Ireland were poor but are better than that.
Still in all a very poor result.

dec

For those of you in the US the Ireland Ukraine game in on a Spanish language service called VIX for free

Capt Pat

Another poor performance from Ireland tonight against Ukraine B. We really miss Rice and Grealish.

JPGJOHNNYG

Quote from: Capt Pat on June 08, 2022, 09:10:53 PM
Another poor performance from Ireland tonight against Ukraine B. We really miss Rice and Grealish.

There is no sign of any improvement. Kenny has had nearly 25 matches now and it's been dire. We all want him to do well but it's not happening

Itchy

Disappointed with the result but blaming Kenny is still stupid, our players are sub standard and technically not nearly as good as most teams in Europe. That's the sad reality.