Started by seafoid, May 26, 2016, 11:05:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OgraAnDun

Quote from: michaelg on May 26, 2016, 08:31:13 PM
Quote from: lurganblue on May 26, 2016, 02:37:59 PM
Quote from: Keyboard Warrior on May 26, 2016, 02:07:05 PM
Quote from: stew on May 26, 2016, 12:35:14 PM
Who gives a f**k!

I am going to support the north during these championships!

I never lived in the south and have far more in common with the northern prods than I ever did the southern Catholics.

I hope both do well but you can shove both national anthems up your arise, I have no use for anything that divides us as a people.

Up Armagh ya b**tards.

Good on you Stew, we should all be more like you. Us other northerners who support the Republic team obviously haven't taken the time (or don't have the intellect) to weigh up those factors.

Seeing as you've more in common with the northern Prods than the southern Catholics, it would be a good idea to go watch the NI matches in some shaddy pub in Craigavon; I'm sure they'll be happy to put on the Armagh afterwards. Up Armagh and all that.

I'll f**k be supporting that shower... just because theyve managed to get to a major tournament doesnt mean thy've stopped hating me because of the religion i was born into. Oh aye but sure theyve changed and arent like that anymore  ::)
Yes, that's right, all Protestant Northern Ireland fans hate Catholics.  Do you actually believe that?

Nobody does, but while they still sing chants such as 'The Bouncy Song', the overriding atmosphere will be one of anti-Catholic hatred.

T Fearon

I've seen more anti catholic hatred on this Board than at any time in the past at Windsor Park.

sammymaguire

DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

michaelg

Quote from: OgraAnDun on May 26, 2016, 08:33:01 PM
Quote from: michaelg on May 26, 2016, 08:31:13 PM
Quote from: lurganblue on May 26, 2016, 02:37:59 PM
Quote from: Keyboard Warrior on May 26, 2016, 02:07:05 PM
Quote from: stew on May 26, 2016, 12:35:14 PM
Who gives a f**k!

I am going to support the north during these championships!

I never lived in the south and have far more in common with the northern prods than I ever did the southern Catholics.

I hope both do well but you can shove both national anthems up your arise, I have no use for anything that divides us as a people.

Up Armagh ya b**tards.

Good on you Stew, we should all be more like you. Us other northerners who support the Republic team obviously haven't taken the time (or don't have the intellect) to weigh up those factors.

Seeing as you've more in common with the northern Prods than the southern Catholics, it would be a good idea to go watch the NI matches in some shaddy pub in Craigavon; I'm sure they'll be happy to put on the Armagh afterwards. Up Armagh and all that.

I'll f**k be supporting that shower... just because theyve managed to get to a major tournament doesnt mean thy've stopped hating me because of the religion i was born into. Oh aye but sure theyve changed and arent like that anymore  ::)
Yes, that's right, all Protestant Northern Ireland fans hate Catholics.  Do you actually believe that?

Nobody does, but while they still sing chants such as 'The Bouncy Song', the overriding atmosphere will be one of anti-Catholic hatred.
FFS, wise up.

Tony Baloney

An Watcher

For what it's worth I hope the North get hammered, the fans make a balls of themselves and we never see the artificial statelet in a major tournament ever again

JimStynes

I actually can't bring myself to support the north in this tournament either. I just find them annoying. I also hate the word 'banter' in a Northern Ireland accent.

dec

Ian McCrea didn't want Derry or Tyrone to win in the Championship

"Great to see Tyrone beat in the Ulster semi's today hope Donegal beat Londonderry in the final to keep the celebrations out of Mid Ulster."

http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=19452.0

JimStynes

Quote from: hardstation on May 26, 2016, 09:53:43 PM
Quote from: JimStynes on May 26, 2016, 09:40:33 PM
I actually can't bring myself to support the north in this tournament either. I just find them annoying. I also hate the word 'banter' in a Northern Ireland accent.
How does "top bants" grab ye?

If you're only saying it for the bantz then it's fine.

seafoid

Quote from: dec on May 26, 2016, 09:59:51 PM
Ian McCrea didn't want Derry or Tyrone to win in the Championship

"Great to see Tyrone beat in the Ulster semi's today hope Donegal beat Londonderry in the final to keep the celebrations out of Mid Ulster."

http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=19452.0
That reminds me of this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjEkjeVzL34

Main Street

The North are
Gerry Armstrong
Plucky underdogs.
The sum of the parts > than the parts of the sum.
Gritty, workmanlike and Kyle.
Tell us about that goal Gerry.
The reelly fawn tastic  fawns,  the GAWA.
Gerry, how did it feel?

seafoid

Wales and Scotland are separate political units and could manage independence but the north is a jerrymandered half province that will always be dependent and doesn't deserve to be mentioned in the same breath as European countries.

ashman

Quote from: Main Street on May 26, 2016, 10:39:10 PM
The North are
Gerry Armstrong
Plucky underdogs.
The sum of the parts > than the parts of the sum.
Gritty, workmanlike and Kyle.
Tell us about that goal Gerry.
The reelly fawn tastic  fawns,  the GAWA.
Gerry, how did it feel?

To be fair the same could be applied to the 26 county team .

Both media are prone to utter bullshit . 

Ronnie

Wrong. Northern Ireland is not 1/2th a province. It's 1/4th of a nation. ROI is 3/4qtrs of a nation. Which European countries are better? Us northern scum live in the best country in the world. Who else has 2 countries to support? The Beautiful South is another issue entirely. Who cares who takes his decree from Pope Francie?

seafoid

Quote from: Ronnie on May 27, 2016, 12:01:55 AM
Wrong. Northern Ireland is not 1/2th a province. It's 1/4th of a nation. ROI is 3/4qtrs of a nation. Which European countries are better? Us northern scum live in the best country in the world. Who else has 2 countries to support? The Beautiful South is another issue entirely. Who cares who takes his decree from Pope Francie?
Kosovars have 2 countries to support. The bucks in Kaliningrad don't go around claiming nationhood .