Who/what can stop Dublin?

Started by ONeill, April 27, 2014, 10:26:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

INDIANA

Quote from: Hound on May 06, 2014, 02:40:28 PM
Quote from: ballinaman on May 06, 2014, 12:20:27 PM
So Philly took Connolly down UFC style and nearly took the head off him off the ball in a Ballymun vs Vincents match last week. Philly obviously waited for payback from the county final replay last year when he was sent off for an altercation with Connolly.

I wonder who Gavin will cut from the squad in the next few weeks if there is a cull.....
Cool!

Great to have an eye witness account to unearth the truth as the grassroots boys and other reports I heard said there was only a face-to-face confrontation with no blows thrown.

UFC style take down and the head nearly taken off him! Jayz, it'll be a race against time to be fit for the championship.

Sure I could have told you that I was at the game. You hardly expected media outlets to carry that as an account of the game?
As regards the aftermath it's not public knowledge yet. Somebody else can if they want.

AZOffaly

so it was, or it was not, a UFC style tackle?

seafoid

Dublin are 11/10 according to oddschecker. Bayern were nailed on as well, I remember.

Hound

What odds were Celtic to win the Scottish Cup and Scottish League Cup?
The difference between Celtic and their nearest contenders is far far bigger than Dublin and the other AI contenders.

AZOffaly

Aye, but Celtic don't play all their games at Celtic Park ; ;)

screenexile

Quote from: Hound on May 06, 2014, 04:41:04 PM
What odds were Celtic to win the Scottish Cup and Scottish League Cup?
The difference between Celtic and their nearest contenders is far far bigger than Dublin and the other AI contenders.

Yeah but Celtic players have not played at the level they're capable of... they haven't had to!

Dublin look to be pushing themselves to the limit in the last 2 games and there's no reason to think they won't do the same in the All Ireland. The best chance anyone has is for Dublin to have an off day and them to play unbelievably out of their skins... it also has to be a knockout game as if they get a second chance the rest of us won't have any!

lenny

Quote from: seafoid on May 06, 2014, 03:51:37 PM
Dublin are 11/10 according to oddschecker. Bayern were nailed on as well, I remember.

I really fancy cork this year. Obviously Dublin will be very hard to beat but cork have the forwards to do serious damage against anyone. It's all about peaking at the right time. Everyone else is an outsider at this stage with Mayo, Tyrone and Kerry next on the list.

Drummerboy

Remember this time last year, Donegal were red hot favourites and looked what happened to them.

rodney trotter

Donegal had a disastrous League last year, dont think many were tipping them as strongly as red hot favs.

Orangemac

Only weakness in this Dublin team is the poor post match speech they give.

Armaghgeddon

Their mentality towards teams later on in the championship may prove to be their downfall.

Johnnybegood

Quote from: Armaghgeddon on May 06, 2014, 11:22:42 PM
Their mentality towards teams later on in the championship may prove to be their downfall.
in what way?

Thisonegoesto11

Quote from: Orangemac on May 06, 2014, 10:31:18 PM
Only weakness in this Dublin team is the poor post match speech they give.

Very true.  :) Dublin Captains have yet to master the classic method. Start off calmly with a few thank you's ,  a round of hip hip hoorays and then gradually increase volume. Speech ends with a loud ,hoarse, inaudible shriek and a clenched fist.  'Gettysburg'  ,  'I had a dream' and 'O'Donovan Rossa' speeches pale into comparison to the great GAA acceptance speech.

Thisonegoesto11

Quote from: Johnnybegood on May 07, 2014, 12:09:00 AM
Quote from: Armaghgeddon on May 06, 2014, 11:22:42 PM
in what way?

in what way?

Yeah hardly a weakness. I'd have considered that one of the factors in winning the 2 AIs.

rrhf