TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nrico2006

The ending was very basic and predictable though when you look at it, maybe expected something smarter or with a bit more action at least.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

screenexile

Hard to talk about Kin when you watch the latest episode of Succession. It was class!!

Great show so well written and acted it's hotting up nicely!

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: screenexile on November 01, 2021, 08:15:09 PM
Hard to talk about Kin when you watch the latest episode of Succession. It was class!!

Was deadly tonight. The characters are so dislike-able but compelling. Was of the best shows I've ever seen

bennydorano

Watched both series of Guilt over the weekend (BBC Scotland / iplayer), excellent, S1 was very good, S2 developed into something great, highly recommended.

bogball88

Quote from: nrico2006 on November 01, 2021, 12:04:30 PM
Quote from: DownFanatic on November 01, 2021, 11:57:06 AM
Kin was an awful show. Poorly acted (lots of overacting) and full of plot holes. Not a patch on Love/Hate.

The actor who played Kem was as bad as I have ever saw in a proper show/film.
Good god, I had thought his name was Ken the whole way through. Come to think about it, didn't really look like a Ken

gawa316

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on November 01, 2021, 09:51:49 PM
Quote from: screenexile on November 01, 2021, 08:15:09 PM

Was deadly tonight. The characters are so dislike-able but compelling. Was of the best shows I've ever seen

Watched the first episode and 'I'm in'...

Spolier Alert...didn't expect to see this fella

screenexile

You didn't think he would grow up to have that mouth on him that's for sure!!!

quit yo jibbajabba

And dont get me started on his old woman fetish 😃😃

Tony Baloney

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on November 02, 2021, 06:34:49 PM
And dont get me started on his old woman fetish 😃😃
Don't be telling me you wouldnt have a rattle at Gerri yourself. Just me?!  ;)

quit yo jibbajabba

I never thought of her that way till young Culkin did Tony

Now, if i speak i am in trouble 😉😉😃

laoislad

Just finished the last episode of Kin there tonight , I didn't think it was that bad at all.
Good series overall I thought.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

lenny

Quote from: laoislad on November 02, 2021, 09:53:29 PM
Just finished the last episode of Kin there tonight , I didn't think it was that bad at all.
Good series overall I thought.

Liked it also, really good ending too.

Hound

I also thought Kin was good and I really enjoyed it. 
Acting by most of the kids wasn't great alright, but the main cast were very good. 
Don't at all get the hate on Gillen, he always plays unlikeable fookers, so maybe that brings an inherent bias, but I thought he played the part of weak leader really well. The meeting with his brother really put what he'd been doing before into perspective.

JPGJOHNNYG

Just watched season 3 of sex education. WTF has happened to that show. Season 1 was great, fun, fresh. Interesting concept of Otis and Maeve offering advice to their fellow pupils with their various problems, some funny some serious. The latest season has been dung. Most of the likeable characters have become pretty horrible. With the exception of Adam, his dad and the Swedish guy you would have zero empathy for the rest. The new characters seem to have been added to tick a box and then crowbarred in to an already terrible script. Please no season 4. I guess the one positive is the kids have already been in final yr of school for 3 seasons so realistically they can't drag it on for much longer

lurganblue

Quote from: JPGJOHNNYG on November 03, 2021, 08:57:01 AM
Just watched season 3 of sex education. WTF has happened to that show. Season 1 was great, fun, fresh. Interesting concept of Otis and Maeve offering advice to their fellow pupils with their various problems, some funny some serious. The latest season has been dung. Most of the likeable characters have become pretty horrible. With the exception of Adam, his dad and the Swedish guy you would have zero empathy for the rest. The new characters seem to have been added to tick a box and then crowbarred in to an already terrible script. Please no season 4. I guess the one positive is the kids have already been in final yr of school for 3 seasons so realistically they can't drag it on for much longer

I was thinking that during the last series myself.  Surely it was time to start introducing new characters if they planned to carry the series on.