Kerry V Cork 2pm Killarney

Started by twohands!!!, July 02, 2015, 06:33:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stibhan

O'Donoghue would have been subbed if he wasn't who he was: would love to see a statistical analysis of his performance. Martin Carney is absolutely clueless.

moysider

Quote from: Captain Obvious on July 18, 2015, 08:55:28 PM
Quote from: orangeman on July 18, 2015, 08:42:03 PM
Colm O'Neill and Brian Hurley very well held and when that happened Cork were always going to struggle.
Hurley overrated.O Neill carried the Cork forward line in the first game and today well held. The end result only seven scores.

Hurley seems to have shot his bolt. He looked scary in the league a few times. Not the same space or intensity in championship I suppose.

tyroneboi

Dessie didn't think he was man of the match either!

Zulu

Quote from: moysider on July 18, 2015, 08:59:47 PM
Colm O'Neill and Brian Hurley very well held and when that happened Cork were always going to struggle.
Hurley overrated.O Neill carried the Cork forward line in the first game and today well held. The end result only seven scores.

Hurley seems to have shot his bolt. He looked scary in the league a few times. Not the same space or intensity in championship I suppose.

Think Hurley is class but Cork aren't getting it out of him.

macdanger2

Quote from: Minder on July 18, 2015, 08:24:54 PM
Quote from: glens73 on July 18, 2015, 08:20:45 PM
Carney saying I didn't see it but I don't think there was anything untoward!!

No matter if someone is getting their head cleaved off he reckons there was nothing "malicious"

Thought that was hilarious alright. Could he not just say I didn't see it and leave it at that. You could choose any 2 gaaboarders and put them on and they'd be better than that

tyroneman

Quote from: Hardy on July 18, 2015, 08:40:55 PM
Quote from: tyroneman on July 18, 2015, 08:32:10 PM
Kerry and Dublin can do whatever the fcuk they want on a pitch and no one calls them out on it.

Cynical nasty dirty .....words that only apply to Ulster teams in the southern media and RTE.

Please stop this embarrassing whinging.

Telling it like it is. Same again tonight. A level media playing field would be nice. Not gonna happen.

Anyhow. End of rant as nothing will change.

Syferus

Quote from: Zulu on July 18, 2015, 09:04:26 PM

Ah now. He's gone missing a fair amount. We know all about talented players not putting it on the field in the championship.

gallsman

Abysmal match, even with the conditions. Awful refereeing against both teams from Deegan. O'Donoghue getting MOTM was laughable - I thought Loughrey did very well shepherding him. It's all well and good showing left and right for ball and "getting involved" but it's not much use if you don't do anything with it once you have it. Murphy or Moran much more deserving.

Jinxy

Lads, you are deported to Guantanamo Bay and you have the option of selecting your own method of torture.
Would you go with:
a) Listening to the commentary of Ger Canning & Martin Carney on a never-ending loop
b) Listening to the commentary of Marty Morrissey & Martin Carney on a never-ending loop
or
c) being water-boarded by Martin Carney (remember, you won't be able to hear him under the water)
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Zulu

Quote from: Syferus on July 18, 2015, 09:10:04 PM
Quote from: Zulu on July 18, 2015, 09:04:26 PM

Ah now. He's gone missing a fair amount. We know all about talented players not putting it on the field in the championship.
I think the signs are there in his game and he has reached heights in the past, league or not, that mark him out as exceptional. Admittedly he needs to produce but it's definitely there IMO.

Syferus

Quote from: Jinxy on July 18, 2015, 09:14:04 PM
Lads, you are deported to Guantanamo Bay and you have the option of selecting your own method of torture.
Would you go with:
a) Listening to the commentary of Ger Canning & Martin Carney on a never-ending loop
b) Listening to the commentary of Marty Morrissey & Martin Carney on a never-ending loop
or
c) being water-boarded by Martin Carney (remember, you won't be able to hear him under the water)

I'd hate to see what Martin's idea of malicious water-bordering is like.

IolarCoisCuain

Was Hurley the man who played like God at full-forward for Cork against Dublin in a quarter-final a few years ago? I've forgotten when it was, Mayo were playing the day after, as I recall, and this one was played under lights. Whoever that guy was went off to Australia then that winter, but I've never heard what became of him. Was it Hurley? Went down under, didn't happen, came back?

Jinxy

Hurley is an odd shape for a modern intercounty player.
He's like a lad that would have played in the 70's.
Very blocky.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Syferus

Quote from: IolarCoisCuain on July 18, 2015, 09:19:11 PM
Was Hurley the man who played like God at full-forward for Cork against Dublin in a quarter-final a few years ago? I've forgotten when it was, Mayo were playing the day after, as I recall, and this one was played under lights. Whoever that guy was went off to Australia then that winter, but I've never heard what became of him. Was it Hurley? Went down under, didn't happen, came back?

That was Ciaran Sheehan. He's off playing AFL in the land of Oz.

baoithe

Quote from: CD on July 18, 2015, 08:40:25 PM
Enjoyed that! Weather atrocious, Shehan was easily man of the match despite what that Carney tool said. Actually thought Loughrey did as well as I've seen anyone on O'Donoghue. Corks marquee forwards, who were so dangerous in the league had zero impact.

I thought Loughrey was excellent.