?

?
10 (50%)
?
10 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 20

JoG2

Quote from: theticklemister on October 31, 2018, 11:12:40 PM
The County Board don't give two f**ks about promoting the GAA in the city. They have paid it lip service for years. They should flood the city with coaches, GAA promotion,  you name it.

The clubs in the city are doing okay, some more so than others, but this is an acorn that needs broken...............meanwhile the County Board yet again sits idle while the youth don't play the sport in the city. It is not only looks bad on the city for them not wishing to par-take in our gaelic culture, but casts a huge weight around the County Board's neck for not not bothering their backsides to do something about it.

We currently have 4 Ulster Council paid coaching officers hitting the primary schools and 1 of them visiting the college as well. How does that compare to the rest of the county, or the likes of Belfast, Portadown etc..? Throwing more money at this isn't the way forward imo. Sure are we not 2nd or 3rd in the whole country on money spent / dished out from Croke Park? We've had big name coaches / director of football up on a very regular bases with the City Oaks u21 team and it didn't work. The county board have been very supportive of amalgamations between Ardmore and Colmcille, Dolans and Colmcille ensuring the % drop out rate doesn't rise and kids get games. This growth has to be, ah hem, organic. Has to come from within (with the great work the 4 coaching officers are doing) ie parents coaching, volunteering which creates an emotional attachment to the club / gaa. The city along with the support of the county board / Ulster Council need to ensure that the large numbers we currently have playing underage are kept and key stage 1 targeted on an ongoing basis. 

Franko

Quote from: restorepride on October 27, 2018, 04:43:12 PM
Quote from: Franko on October 27, 2018, 01:34:14 PM
Quote from: restorepride on October 26, 2018, 07:00:45 PM
Quote from: Franko on October 26, 2018, 03:05:45 PM
Quote from: restorepride on October 24, 2018, 05:42:08 PM
Quote from: Franko on October 24, 2018, 09:21:31 AM
Quote from: restorepride on October 24, 2018, 01:33:12 AM
Quote from: screenexile on October 23, 2018, 03:35:24 PM
Why would anyone need to know the Derry Senior Panel for 2019 in October of the year before??
Because the first match is about 9 weeks away?!

And???

Are you picking the team?

Catch a grip.
Thought the man wanted an answer so he got one. Now, there is also this concept called preparation - especially if a good number of new panelists are involved.  On 2018 form, how many weeks preparation do you think the 2019 team will need?  And no, I am not picking the team!

Didn't realise that announcing the panel to the GAA board faithful in October was an essential part of a county team's preparation these days.   ::)

Now, there is also this concept of fcukwittery...
How many weeks?

Since you started primary school?  About 8 or so.
It was a football question, as you are aware - since you started it! I think the board would find it interesting. How many weeks preparation,  Franko, do you think the Derry 2019 panel requires before their first match. Clearly 9 is too much for you.  A straightforward enough question. Thread is there for all to read.

I'm sure the manager knows (or has a fair idea of) the panel.  The question was why it wasn't announced to the public.  Read my posts in that context and all will become clear to you.

greenlight

I think it's a disgrace McErlaine is in any position to be picking a panel. The guy should have been sacked in April when we got relegated; or sacked in June when we went out of the championship without a whimper. Derry are a laughing stock.

JoG2

Wolfhounds, Banagher and Eoghan Rua all back in action tomorrow. Be great see them all win, though no easy matches at this level. I'd say Frank McGlynn would take the watching at intermediate club level!

Champion The Wonder Horse

Quote from: JoG2 on November 03, 2018, 08:08:11 PM
Wolfhounds, Banagher and Eoghan Rua all back in action tomorrow. Be great see them all win, though no easy matches at this level. I'd say Frank McGlynn would take the watching at intermediate club level!

More than Mark Lynch?

Doubt it.

Best of luck to all three clubs.

Wildweasel74

Big lynch would probably cause more damage at full forward if Banagher moved their big wing forward to midfield

JoG2

Quote from: Champion The Wonder Horse on November 03, 2018, 08:44:50 PM
Quote from: JoG2 on November 03, 2018, 08:08:11 PM

More than Mark Lynch?

Doubt it.

Best of luck to all three clubs.

Goes without saying, that's why I didn't say  ;D

oakleaflad

Wins for both Coleraine and Banagher in Ulster. Good to see. Best of luck to Limavady later today too.

restorepride

Quote from: oakleaflad on November 04, 2018, 04:02:54 PM
Wins for both Coleraine and Banagher in Ulster. Good to see. Best of luck to Limavady later today too.
Great win for Banagher but Eoghan Rua seem to have made hard work of it v 14 men in second half.

restorepride

Big win for "na cĂșnna"! Congrats.

mrdeeds

Quote from: restorepride on November 04, 2018, 05:24:50 PM
Great win for Banagher but Eoghan Rua seem to have made hard work of it v 14 men in second half.

Wasn't just v 14. We lost two county men to injury and had our full back black carded. Went man for man in second half using keeper as an extra defender. We just ran out of steam.

Sheugh Water

Quote from: mrdeeds on November 04, 2018, 08:45:02 PM

Wasn't just v 14. We lost two county men to injury and had our full back black carded. Went man for man in second half using keeper as an extra defender. We just ran out of steam.

Very harsh sending off to be fair. Black card also could have been down to soft ground. I'm sure you will be back

Link

Quote from: Sheugh Water on November 05, 2018, 08:12:49 AM

Very harsh sending off to be fair. Black card also could have been down to soft ground. I'm sure you will be back

2nd yellow was very harsh but the black card was spot on, soft ground might have made him fall but doesn't need to trip with the hand.

mrdeeds

Quote from: Link on November 05, 2018, 09:42:58 AM
Quote from: Sheugh Water on November 05, 2018, 08:12:49 AM

2nd yellow was very harsh but the black card was spot on, soft ground might have made him fall but doesn't need to trip with the hand.

Was a definite black alright.

JoG2

Great weekend all round for our clubs. Wonder will the Eoghan Rua / Banagher semi's be a double header in a couple of weeks?