Mcilroy 20/1
Harrington 22/1
Stenson 25/1
Poulter 28/1
Casey 28/1
Westwood 28/1
Kim 30/1
Els 33/1

If Harrington wins this it will be his greatest win IMHO,he is playing so bad this year I just can't see it though.
Would love to see Casey win and I will stick a few quid on him,as well as Garcia as usual
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Minder

Harrington should be 200/1 on his current form
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

RMDrive

Quote from: Minder on July 07, 2009, 06:09:52 PM

Oh look, I seem to be playing the best golf of my life .... time to make some major changes to my swing then!!  ???

Tommy Tibbs

Have a suspicion Poulter at 28's is gona have a very big Open Championship. Others that catch the eye is Anthony Wall at 125-1 (ew) and Zach Johnson 80's (ew). Good offer on PaddyP doing each way 7 places.

Chrisowc

it's 'circle the wagons time again' here comes the cavalry!

ExiledGael

The Open Championship? Hardy's gonna get you.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: ExiledGael on July 07, 2009, 08:03:43 PM
The Open Championship? Hardy's gonna get you.

He huffed and puffed a bit last year too...
Not that anyone took any notice
You'll Never Walk Alone.

magickingdom

delighted to see kerryman david higgins qualified today

venter

I'm going to the Open this year. I will be a marshall on the 14th teebox for a shift on each of the 4 days. Unfortunately, I will miss the Connacht final but hopefully I can sneak in a Mayo banner of some sort.

I was expecting that Harry would be going for the three in a row, but its more hope now than expectation. I hope to follow McIlroy for a round - he's some player.

I think Nick Dougherty will go well.

the Deel Rover

Quote from: venter on July 07, 2009, 08:55:54 PM
I'm going to the Open this year. I will be a marshall on the 14th teebox for a shift on each of the 4 days. Unfortunately, I will miss the Connacht final but hopefully I can sneak in a Mayo banner of some sort.

nice one venter . How did ya get that gig?
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

supersub

Els and Furyk both 33/1 not bad, and VJ Singh 40/1 - had him at 80/1 at the start of the masters...soon saw why he was such high odds, but you never know, one tournament can get the player back 'in the swing' of things!

venter

Quote from: the Deel Rover on July 08, 2009, 02:12:44 PM

Deel Rover, I just sent off an application form. The deal is that you work for half the day and you can watch the golf for the other half. I could have got a job directing traffic out in one of the car parks, but I was lucky to get something on the course where I can watch the golf during the working half of the day. So Im getting paid £6 per hour to watch golf.. its great :)  The Ferry and B&B are expensive,( in fact I had a job to get a B&B). Still, it's well worth it and hopefully there will be some good irish performances.

A friend of mine applied for work at the Ryder cup in Kentucky last year. He ending up getting a job doing the scoreboard at one of the greens. For the Ryder cup, you have to pay for the pleasure of working there, but its still a cheap ticket.

stew

poulter looks to be a good price, I am going to stick 20 quid on him.

Garcia has got to one a major sooner or later you would think so i am going to put a tenner on him also.

As for Harrington changing his swing, he obviously felt he needed to in order to get better, when he finally figures it out watch out, he will be better than ever. Hopefully it is this week.

Woods did the same thing and he turned out ok, as did that english plonker Faldo before him.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Capt Pat

Quote from: DirtyDozen12 on July 08, 2009, 01:53:04 PM
Quote from: RMDrive on July 07, 2009, 06:18:04 PM
Quote from: Minder on July 07, 2009, 06:09:52 PM

Oh look, I seem to be playing the best golf of my life .... time to make some major changes to my swing then!!  ???

Spot on, it really is quite baffling why he's decided to do this.

I think he is always making changes to his swing. He did it after and before he won the first British open titles and it worked out pretty well. Go and find the longest odds you can on Harrington and throw a fiver on, you could do worse.

the Deel Rover

Quote from: venter on July 08, 2009, 05:30:49 PM
Quote from: the Deel Rover on July 08, 2009, 02:12:44 PM

Deel Rover, I just sent off an application form. The deal is that you work for half the day and you can watch the golf for the other half. I could have got a job directing traffic out in one of the car parks, but I was lucky to get something on the course where I can watch the golf during the working half of the day. So Im getting paid £6 per hour to watch golf.. its great :)  The Ferry and B&B are expensive,( in fact I had a job to get a B&B). Still, it's well worth it and hopefully there will be some good irish performances.

A friend of mine applied for work at the Ryder cup in Kentucky last year. He ending up getting a job doing the scoreboard at one of the greens. For the Ryder cup, you have to pay for the pleasure of working there, but its still a cheap ticket.

sure thats great Venter must keep an eye out for the mayo flag enjoy it,  oh and tell tiger i said hello  :D
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001