Previous topic - Next topic

gerrykeegan

kim 33/1
Adam Scott 50/1
Zach J 80/1
JB Holmes 250/1
Todd Hamilton 200/1

2007  2008 & 2009 Fantasy Golf Winner
(A legitimately held title unlike Dinny's)

Bogball XV

Quote from: stew on July 08, 2009, 09:58:59 PM
poulter looks to be a good price, I am going to stick 20 quid on him.

Garcia has got to one a major sooner or later you would think so i am going to put a tenner on him also.

As for Harrington changing his swing, he obviously felt he needed to in order to get better, when he finally figures it out watch out, he will be better than ever. Hopefully it is this week.

Woods did the same thing and he turned out ok, as did that english plonker Faldo before him.
I don't believe that Harrington's problems at the moment are still swing related, he can't putt for shite anymore.  What made Harrington a triple major winner was his putting and scrambling abilities, he's gone from the top 4 or 5 ranked putter in the US standings last year down to 131st.

An interesting bet this week might be Brian Gay, this course is going to require accuracy and putting and he's top 5 for both.  He's won twice in the past 2 months as well, but has only ever played one British Open before and missed the cut badly, however the Heritage course in the states is one of the few links like course they have and he won there by 10 strokes.

DownFanatic

I got Ogilvy at 40/1. He's the man methinks.

ONeill

Big Darren reckons he's hitting the ball better than ever but can't guarantee he won't take an 8 now and again!
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

thewobbler

Ian Poulter 30/1
Martin Kaymer 35/1
Brian Gay 80/1

That's the winning ticket right there.

Kentucky Blue

Just double checked to be sure, Paddy Power paying 1/4 odds for top 7.
Keeping up with the Jones' Our Nail?  :D

Just out of interest..........
Speaking closely with a golf fanatic and VERY heavy punter last night. I do the odd golf bet myself but had an in depth conversation with him and I enquired what his tactic would be for this tournament. He studies it very closely and he said he will be backing Mahan, McDowell and Ogilvy at big prices. He will then back Tiger with a bang in the hope that he starts just OK or not powerful and his price drifts a bit. Best case scenario a couple of his 3 selections at big prices start well and are in the hunt, and he can potentially lay off the tiger on betfair. Win-win for him as he will have backed tiger at a bigger price.

Rossie11

Problem with that is Tiger tees off early tomorrow so even if he shoots level par he wont drift.
He would need to be ten off the lead tomorrow to go any bigger than the 11/4 he is now..

full back

Quote from: Rossie11 on July 15, 2009, 11:52:08 AM
Problem with that is Tiger tees off early tomorrow so even if he shoots level par he wont drift.
He would need to be ten off the lead tomorrow to go any bigger than the 11/4 he is now..

I would say he wants Tiger to come in a bit so he can lay it off

Kentucky Blue

the tiger tee's off at 9.09am i think it is 2moro. Paddy Power going 3/1 enhanced shop special today. Tempting

I had a bit of Goosen 40/1, McDowell 66/1, Mahan 30/1
& S.Cink 150/1.

Probably put the kiss of death on them now!!  :D

corn02

Quote from: Kentucky Blue on July 15, 2009, 01:24:35 PM
the tiger tee's off at 9.09am i think it is 2moro. Paddy Power going 3/1 enhanced shop special today. Tempting

I had a bit of Goosen 40/1, McDowell 66/1, Mahan 30/1
& S.Cink 150/1.

Probably put the kiss of death on them now!!  :D

What's that?

Also Tiger uses cold shafting? I know what it is but what is the purpose?

Doogie Browser

I see Sandy Lyle brought up the Monty 'cheating' episode from 2005 this week.  Doubtfire not happy and I can see why.

corn02

Quote from: Doogie Browser on July 15, 2009, 02:28:08 PM
I see Sandy Lyle brought up the Monty 'cheating' episode from 2005 this week.  Doubtfire not happy and I can see why.

Not a Monty fan but he should smack him across the gob.

Monty donated his prize money from thate event to charity btw.

Lecale2

1/4 the odds for the first 7 is attractive. I stuck a fiver E/W on Harrington and Jim Furyk both at 28/1.

DennistheMenace

Harrington will be lucky to make the cut the way he has been playing.

Looking forward to it.