Shamrock Rovers Ultras

Started by 15 Johnny Blues, April 04, 2007, 05:21:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hoop

Quote from: stephenite on April 22, 2007, 05:24:22 PM
Point out where anyone has posted bullshit and lies, please?

Page 1 and 2 of this thread is a pretty good start.

I couldn't be bothered looking further than that, because being called a Mountjoy resident, a guttersnipe, a toerag, a lowlife, Ireland's Millwall, a nazi, a hooligan, a spanner, a begging homeless tr**p, thick, a gypsy, a tosser and a kn**ker..... was enough for me.

stephenite

Fair enough there have been some bad comments made, but in relation to the issue,where has anyone posted any lies or bullshit??

There hasn't been any

hoop

Quote from: stephenite on April 22, 2007, 05:52:22 PM
Fair enough there have been some bad comments made, but in relation to the issue,where has anyone posted any lies or bullshit??

There hasn't been any

Ah yes - so the above comments are all true?

Thanks a lot.

(GAA fans are trying to make such stupid comments PART of the issue. As in - you're knackers, so you deserve nothing. Pathetic)

Lone Shark

Hoop - any chance you could field the question I posted up above, about why Rovers don't just go and build it themselves? Dublinfella sidestepped it, so I'm guessing you being an avid Rovers fan will know the reason.

tayto

Quote from: hoop on April 22, 2007, 05:21:45 PM
Quote from: tayto on April 22, 2007, 11:48:19 AM
Well you seem to be having trouble admitting something as simple as how you've totally contradicted yourself in your first post, so is there any point?

Okay - I'll re-phrase that. GAA heads ON THIS FORUM are very fond of generalization. The bile being hurled at Rovers here is unreal. So you all hate Rovers? Fair enough. But do you have to spread so much bullshit and lies??? Have you all got a problem with FACTS???

I had no problem with Rovers fans till their banner saying "THOMAS DAVIS GAC FCUK OFF AND DIE".
Interestingly not one Rovers fan on here has said that is out of order.
That hardly helps you come across as a reasonable bunch of people.
The antics the other night about yermans wife don't help

I've no problem with facts whatsoever.
Are you suggesting the high court judge had a problem with facts as well when granting the judicial review?
Or could it be, shock horror, that you are so close to Rovers that you're unable to think rationally bout this whole process?

Dublinfella is very selective about which facts he 1) shares with us or 2) choses to believe.
He was oh so sure that Thomas Davis woul dbe laughed out of court, now he's predicting the outcome of the judicial review.

hoop

Quote from: Lone Shark on April 22, 2007, 05:59:17 PM
Hoop - any chance you could field the question I posted up above, about why Rovers don't just go and build it themselves? Dublinfella sidestepped it, so I'm guessing you being an avid Rovers fan will know the reason.

Probably because we can't afford it at present, having spent loads rescuing our club from past incompetence - and also because the SDCC made an offer that sounded quite good.

Many clubs - whether GAA or soccer - have land as an asset. Once you have that, you're in a position to deal. We don't have that. Louis Kilcoyne sold that unfortunately. If we had it to sell now, we could build the best stadium in the country. Well - apart from Croke Park.....

hoop

Quote from: tayto on April 22, 2007, 06:14:44 PM
I had no problem with Rovers fans till their banner saying "THOMAS DAVIS GAC FCUK OFF AND DIE".

And I won't either. It is not for the aggressor to decide how the extremely pissed-off and totally frustrated victim should react.

Rovers fans are VERY, VERY, VERY pissed off that a GAA club is trying to destroy a stadium intended for our use. Can you not understand that?

resdubwhite

Quote from: hoop on April 22, 2007, 06:20:41 PM

And I won't either. It is not for the aggressor to decide how the extremely pissed-off and totally frustrated victim should react.

Rovers fans are VERY, VERY, VERY pissed off that a GAA club is trying to destroy a stadium intended for our use. Can you not understand that?
victim.
as someone who has some sympathy for your cause, the word victim is a bit strong isn't it.

Tayto. Sent you a pm on res dubs.

Lone Shark

Quote from: hoop on April 22, 2007, 06:15:38 PM
Quote from: Lone Shark on April 22, 2007, 05:59:17 PM

Probably because we can't afford it at present, having spent loads rescuing our club from past incompetence - and also because the SDCC made an offer that sounded quite good.

Many clubs - whether GAA or soccer - have land as an asset. Once you have that, you're in a position to deal. We don't have that. Louis Kilcoyne sold that unfortunately. If we had it to sell now, we could build the best stadium in the country. Well - apart from Croke Park.....

According to figures quoted from loads of members on this thread, you have almost 900k in regular attendance money coming in each year, close ties to the Tallaght community (a community of around 100,000 people) and a driven hard working members group who are willing to work for the club.

Add in potential long term sales etc and you could afford it - if ye put some fundraising work in. Ye're annual budget is more than that of most counties in rural Ireland - it easily could be done, if all these things are as ye say.

dublinfella

Quote from: Lone Shark on April 22, 2007, 03:13:26 PM
Right, here's your first problem - most of this board knows me as a betting man - so I tend to call people on it when they make statements like this. If I was to stipulate then that you will lay me a bet, say €500 at sporting odds of 10/1, on an senior adult GAA match taking place in Tallaght Stadium within 6 months of any soccer kick off, bets void if the stadium never gets built, you will oblige me? I can fix it up through a betting office, betfair or a solicitor, whichever you prefer. I am deadly serious about this by the way - this is not a WUM. If it is in fact zero, none, nada possibility, then you can't lose.

PM me, you are on.

This is completely sidestepping the question. First of all I find it bizarre that Shamrock Rovers offered to pay for and complete the stadium with no government assistance and that has gone completely unmentioned - is that actually true?

Secondly, you haven't answered my question - I didn't ask you why the SDCC are acting as they are - I asked you why in the current circumstances Rovers don't get up off their holes and do it themselves, thereby securing their future.

Why should they? they did that 18 months ago and got a legally binding deal in place that suits everyone, the council get a revenue generating asset, Rovers get a ground, the community gets a stadium. just because a GAA club takes the hump they should give up? get real LS.

Of course they haven't - if they needed a stadium and were homeless, they would have done - this is about both providing an extra facility for well attended club games on the southside, offering some relief for overworked Kiltipper pitches and making sure they don't lose a competitive advantage in their attempts to sell gaelic games to the kids in the area. However they are not homeless, so that's not the issue.

ao its ok to act the magpie because they dont 'need' the stadium? jesus wept, listen to yourself.

Now enough of your "by the way" - why are Rovers not building their own home, why must the state do it?

Must? It was the Council who approached Rovers with the deal. They chose this course of action. A more pertinant question is why the GAA in the area hasnt approached the SDCC when they realised that there were sweeties to be had.

You are in work and a collegue wanders in an asks the boss for a raise and gets more than he expected.

Do you a: complain to your bosses boss and try and have your collegues raise stopped or

b: get in there yourself and see what you can get?

blast05

QuoteA perfectly logical (and legal) set-up. It's the same story in two other Dublin municipal stadiums - Morton and Irishtown - where the anchor tenants are athletics clubs.

Neither of these athletic clubs host host professional or semi professional sports teams. If they did then i would also have an issue.

deiseach

Quote from: hoop on April 22, 2007, 05:23:21 PM
Councils decide what to build and for whom. That's their job. It's called democracy.

And people are entitled to question the veracity of those decisions in the courts. It's called the rule of law, which is intrinsic to any democracy.

Lone Shark

Quote from: dublinfella on April 22, 2007, 07:10:52 PM

Right, here's your first problem - most of this board knows me as a betting man - so I tend to call people on it when they make statements like this. If I was to stipulate then that you will lay me a bet, say €500 at sporting odds of 10/1, on an senior adult GAA match taking place in Tallaght Stadium within 6 months of any soccer kick off, bets void if the stadium never gets built, you will oblige me? I can fix it up through a betting office, betfair or a solicitor, whichever you prefer. I am deadly serious about this by the way - this is not a WUM. If it is in fact zero, none, nada possibility, then you can't lose.

PM me, you are on.

Message sent. Doffed cap to you sir - any man who is willing to put €5k on his opinion, even if I disagree with it, has an opinion worthy of respect.

Main Street

Senior game on a full length GAA pitch of course?

tayto

Quote from: hoop on April 22, 2007, 06:20:41 PM

Funny, i thought a GAA club was trying to get access to a municpal stadium that is being built in their area, I didnt realise they were trying to destroy anything. Is there any chance you're being a bit melodramatic.

Victum? Destroy? Will you give over.

The way you've chosen to word that post says everything we need to know about your incapacity to see Thomas Davis's point of view.