Shamrock Rovers Ultras

Started by 15 Johnny Blues, April 04, 2007, 05:21:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hoop

Quote from: tayto on April 22, 2007, 08:45:11 PM
Funny, i thought a GAA club was trying to get access to a municpal stadium that is being built in their area, I didnt realise they were trying to destroy anything.

One question.

Answer yes or no please.

Is it okay, that in a stadium planned for many things but with a soccer club as anchor tenants, that the fans behind the goals for a soccer match should be 30 yards away from the pitch?

Just answer the question and stop talking crap.

blast05

QuoteIs it okay, that in a stadium planned for many things but with a soccer club as anchor tenants, that the fans behind the goals for a soccer match should be 30 yards away from the pitch?

Yes, same as a soccer pitch with an athletic track around it or same as for example the Olympic Stadium in Rome.
For the record, a soccer pitchs max length can be 120 metres while a GAA can be as short as 130 metres so it doesn't have to be 30 yards

dublinfella

Quote from: hoop on April 22, 2007, 06:20:41 PM
Quote from: tayto on April 22, 2007, 06:14:44 PM
I had no problem with Rovers fans till their banner saying "THOMAS DAVIS GAC FCUK OFF AND DIE".
Interestingly not one Rovers fan on here has said that is out of order.

And I won't either. It is not for the aggressor to decide how the extremely pissed-off and totally frustrated victim should react.

Rovers fans are VERY, VERY, VERY pissed off that a GAA club is trying to destroy a stadium intended for our use. Can you not understand that?

Funny, i thought a GAA club was trying to get access to a municpal stadium that is being built in their area, I didnt realise they were trying to destroy anything. Is there any chance you're being a bit melodramatic.

Victum? Destroy? Will you give over.

The way you've chosen to word that post says everything we need to know about your incapacity to see Thomas Davis's point of view.

the email to bailey the indo ran says otherwise.....

tayto

Quote from: hoop on April 22, 2007, 09:04:16 PM
Funny, i thought a GAA club was trying to get access to a municpal stadium that is being built in their area, I didnt realise they were trying to destroy anything.

One question.

Answer yes or no please.

Is it okay, that in a stadium planned for many things but with a soccer club as anchor tenants, that the fans behind the goals for a soccer match should be 30 yards away from the pitch?

Just answer the question and stop talking crap.

Is it okay? yes, of course it's okay. Frankly I'm not too concerned about the atmosphere at Rovers games.

The day you build your own stadium is the day you get to choose how far you sit from the pitch. If you're getting use of a facility for next to nothing then you don't get to choose the ideal distance the crowd are from the pitch. Do you honestly think that should be a deciding factor for who gets to use a municipal stadium? If so then you're more blinkered then I thought from your previous post.

There are soccer clubs all around Europe sharing stadia with athletics tracks, I'd sure it's not ideal for atmosphere.

hoop

Quote from: blast05 on April 22, 2007, 09:14:29 PM
QuoteIs it okay, that in a stadium planned for many things but with a soccer club as anchor tenants, that the fans behind the goals for a soccer match should be 30 yards away from the pitch?

Yes, same as a soccer pitch with an athletic track around it or same as for example the Olympic Stadium in Rome.
For the record, a soccer pitchs max length can be 120 metres while a GAA can be as short as 130 metres so it doesn't have to be 30 yards

The GAA pitch that Thomas Davis want is 140 yards in length. Add on run-off and it is 160 yards.

I have the plans - I know what I'm talking about.

hoop

Quote from: tayto on April 22, 2007, 10:01:33 PM
Is it okay? yes, of course it's okay. Frankly I'm not too concerned about the atmosphere at Rovers games.

The day you build your own stadium is the day you get to choose how far you sit from the pitch. If you're getting use of a facility for next to nothing then you don't get to choose the ideal distance the crowd are from the pitch. Do you honestly think that should be a deciding factor for who gets to use a municipal stadium? If so then you're more blinkered then I thought from your previous post.

There are soccer clubs all around Europe sharing stadia with athletics tracks, I'd sure it's not ideal for atmosphere.

Thank you for your bigoted, selfish and misinformed view.

The fact that some stadiums are less than optimal (and incidentally, an athletics track DOES NOT leave you 30 yards away from the pitch) is no argument for Thomas Davis butchering a stadium they don't need, merely because of petty spite, hatred and fear.

magickingdom

Quote from: hoop on April 22, 2007, 10:23:12 PM

The fact that some stadiums are less than optimal (and incidentally, an athletics track DOES NOT leave you 30 yards away from the pitch) is no argument for Thomas Davis butchering a stadium they don't need, merely because of petty spite, hatred and fear.

you are some tosser, are all rovers fans the same? or are you all just the one? just like dublinfella and good vibrations your first few posts are reasonable and then the shite comes out. tds are not doing this out of petty spite, hatred or fear but because they want to promote gaa in tallaght. as for your penniless ophran of a club most people would consider 20 years of bumming around a disaster, you lot see it as a badge of honor. another year or two wont kill you....

hoop

Quote from: magickingdom on April 22, 2007, 11:12:25 PM
tds are not doing this out of petty spite, hatred or fear but because they want to promote gaa in tallaght .

So???

I'd like to promote ice-hockey in Tallaght.

Does that mean that I should take legal action???

GAA heads are so far up their anal passages that they simply do not realize that they have NO MORE RIGHTS than anyone else.

Get used to it.

magickingdom

"GAA heads are so far up their anal passages that they simply do not realize that they have NO MORE RIGHTS than anyone else."

no we dont and as your so into rights and your earlier comments on democracy you should be quite happy to let the legal process run its course.

blast05

QuoteI'd like to promote ice-hockey in Tallaght.

No, but as i said before re ice hockey, that it should be possible to get an ice hockey arena for a professional franchise built and paid for with tax payers money in Dublin if SR's logic is employed

hoop

Quote from: magickingdom on April 22, 2007, 11:34:22 PM
"GAA heads are so far up their anal passages that they simply do not realize that they have NO MORE RIGHTS than anyone else."

no we dont and as your so into rights and your earlier comments on democracy you should be quite happy to let the legal process run its course.

Perhaps you're right. But the fact that the legal process might take three years or longer doesn't fill me with optimism.

I'm also wondering why Thomas Davis don't seem overly happy in letting legal process run its course - although it was their idea in the first place.

Their current campaign - which includes demanding that Bertie Ahern should overrule O'Donoghue - smacks of a growing realization that they don't stand a chance in Judicial Review.

Rovers fans would just LOVE to have this farce taken care of - but it was Thomas Davis who last December tried to have the matter put off for ANOTHER YEAR due to a contrived technicality.

hoop

Quote from: blast05 on April 22, 2007, 11:39:16 PM
QuoteI'd like to promote ice-hockey in Tallaght.

No, but as i said before re ice hockey, that it should be possible to get an ice hockey arena for a professional franchise built and paid for with tax payers money in Dublin if SR's logic is employed

Ah - here we go again. Some of the favoured expressions of the GAA apologists - "professional franchise".

Sounds great, doesn't it???

Pity that professionalism in GAA is hidden (though very badly hidden) and not out in the open such as with soccer and rugby.

stephenite

Quote from: hoop on April 22, 2007, 11:56:49 PM
Pity that professionalism in GAA is hidden (though very badly hidden) and not out in the open such as with soccer and rugby.

And there it is, the last last resort to innuendo and lies. Can you give me any examples, concrete examples of professionalism in the GAA at the moment?

Thomas Davis are most certainly not a professional outfit, much less a failed professional outfit

tayto

Quote from: hoop on April 22, 2007, 10:23:12 PM

hahahahahahhahaaaa ah hoop that's hilarious. Honestly. ha ahhhahahaha ....

So tell me, are Irish soccer fans who boo rangers players bigots? Oh no, let me guess, they're a tiny minority? Right. Same as those hateful fookers taunting yerman about his dead wife that the stewards did nothing about. But i'm a bigot because i dont care about the atmosphere at rovers matches. Do you honestly expect to be taken seriously coming out with that crud when you wont denounce the intellectual elite who tell a local club to "f**k off and die" when they fight for their right to get access to a municipal facility in their area. You couldnt make this shit up. but boo hoo you expect us to care if you wind up sitting further from the pitch then you'd like. Sing for it.

The fact you couldnt spot or admit the utter contradiction in your initial post was a tell tale sign but you're really showing your true colours now sunshine.

hoop

Quote from: tayto on April 23, 2007, 01:04:18 AM
But i'm a bigot because i dont care about the atmosphere at rovers matches

Correct.

25 pages into the thread and the most vociferous contributor states that he doesn't care about THE CENTRAL ISSUE.

You couldn't make this up.

You have posted nothing at all of worth in this thread. No facts, no detail, no logical argument, no nothing. Just bluster, bullshit and cheap insults. I know the internet is full of idiots, but you're seriously overdoing it.