AIQF Armagh v Monaghan

Started by tonto1888, June 26, 2023, 06:08:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tubberman

Quote from: gaafan2 on July 02, 2023, 10:57:00 AM
Quote from: tonto1888 on July 02, 2023, 10:51:06 AM
Quote from: gaafan2 on July 02, 2023, 10:46:52 AM
Genuinely never seen worse behaviour from a set of fans in all my years. On our way out of the ground yesterday ever other set of Armagh 'fans' felt the need to hurl abuse at us. I could take it if it was an isolated incident but unfortunately it wasn't. Grown men who weren't even intoxicated felt the need to remind us of the scoreline, everybody hated Tyrone etc etc.

It is embarrassing but it's hardly the worst behaviour from fans you've ever seen. Let's be honest about it

Now I know I can't tar all Armagh fans with the same brush but it was honestly the worst behaviour I seen in all my days. The amount of intoxicated men and women before the game even started was scary. Armagh fans with Kerry headbands, wagging their flags and fist pumping at every Kerry score was embarrassing.

Surprised to hear about Armagh supporters behaving like that. I have very limited experience, but was up in Armagh for the Mayo league game earlier this year and I had a great day - they were the soundest supporters I came across in years.
I suppose the boozed up loudmouths wouldn't be found at a league game though...
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

RedHand88

Quote from: yellowcard on July 02, 2023, 10:13:45 AM
It was a typical Armagh performance under Geezer. When he has too much time to rethink and over analyse the game the players are completely stifled and yes we can claim some degree of bad luck but we are our own worst enemies. Well done to Monaghan, the bottom line is we didn't do enough to win the match.

The only consolation was seeing the Tyrone fans walk out of the ground before our match with their tail between their legs after Kerry outclassing them and confirming that the 2021 match was an abberation.

Ffs enough of this nonsense. If Tyrone go and beat Kerry next year will yesterday have have been "an abberation"?
People are desperate to erase 2021 for some weird reason, even though we have beaten Kerry twice since then.

RedHand88

https://twitter.com/UnOfficialGaa/status/1675420531435159554?s=20

Bad scenes yesterday. Some folk love to call soccer a hooligans sport but this would never ever happen at an English football game.

Milltown Row2

It wouldn't matter who came out of that game yesterday, they were both atrocious and won't be going any further
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

tonto1888

Quote from: RedHand88 on July 02, 2023, 11:35:56 AM

Bad scenes yesterday. Some folk love to call soccer a hooligans sport but this would never ever happen at an English football game.

That happens at plenty of English games.

RedHand88

Quote from: tonto1888 on July 02, 2023, 11:39:35 AM

Crowds of ones fighting in the terrace? I don't think it does, anymore.

Main Street

Quote from: Schkite on July 01, 2023, 11:14:47 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on July 01, 2023, 10:12:01 PM
Corey has done a great job. Comes across a decent sort too so nice to see. Monaghan aren't a huge county but consistently are among the top teams in the country. Fair play to them.

Know Vinny since he was a young lad togging out at underage for Clontibret  -  absolute salt of the earth, no BS kind of fella. Couldn't be more delighted for the job he's done so far. I always figured he was destined for this job at some point as he's a natural leader and there wouldn't be many more respected fellas in Monaghan GAA - but I'd say if you asked him, he'd say in an ideal world he wouldn't have got this job so quick. But the county were struggling to get a new manager and, Vinny being who he is, wasn't going to see his county stuck.

We'd been written off at the start of year for relegation and not much else, yet here we are in an AI semi and with Division 1 football yet again in 2024.
One aspect Vinny bemoaned after the Kildare game, that player after player ran into the swarm and got disspossesed, he said player decisions have to improve and the team now needs to step up another level. In yesterday's game  there was a change for the better, the ball went down one wing with 2 in support and if needs be, cross over to the other wing and edge out the shot. I don't recall many times a player getting ambushed.

tonto1888

Quote from: RedHand88 on July 02, 2023, 11:41:03 AM

Still happens in the lower leagues. Happens in the prem too but more in and around the town as opposed to the stadium itself

RedHand88

Quote from: tonto1888 on July 02, 2023, 11:45:10 AM

Still happens in the lower leagues. Happens in the prem too but more in and around the town as opposed to the stadium itself

Aye that was my point, infront of families at a game in the ground.

marty34

Quote from: Tubberman on July 02, 2023, 11:27:06 AM
Genuinely never seen worse behaviour from a set of fans in all my years. On our way out of the ground yesterday ever other set of Armagh 'fans' felt the need to hurl abuse at us. I could take it if it was an isolated incident but unfortunately it wasn't. Grown men who weren't even intoxicated felt the need to remind us of the scoreline, everybody hated Tyrone etc etc.

It is embarrassing but it's hardly the worst behaviour from fans you've ever seen. Let's be honest about it

Now I know I can't tar all Armagh fans with the same brush but it was honestly the worst behaviour I seen in all my days. The amount of intoxicated men and women before the game even started was scary. Armagh fans with Kerry headbands, wagging their flags and fist pumping at every Kerry score was embarrassing.

Surprised to hear about Armagh supporters behaving like that. I have very limited experience, but was up in Armagh for the Mayo league game earlier this year and I had a great day - they were the soundest supporters I came across in years.

A difference in good solid Armagh GAA fans at a league match on a cold day to the drunken scum on the bus on a big day out.

Every county has them on the big days unfortunately.

tonto1888

Quote from: RedHand88 on July 02, 2023, 11:51:22 AM
Quote from: tonto1888 on July 02, 2023, 11:45:10 AM

Aye that was my point, infront of families at a game in the ground.

It does still happen in lower leagues. There is more to football than the EPL. Also seen it happen at rugby when I lived over there also

yellowcard

Quote from: RedHand88 on July 02, 2023, 11:33:29 AM
Quote from: yellowcard on July 02, 2023, 10:13:45 AM
It was a typical Armagh performance under Geezer. When he has too much time to rethink and over analyse the game the players are completely stifled and yes we can claim some degree of bad luck but we are our own worst enemies. Well done to Monaghan, the bottom line is we didn't do enough to win the match.

The only consolation was seeing the Tyrone fans walk out of the ground before our match with their tail between their legs after Kerry outclassing them and confirming that the 2021 match was an abberation.

Ffs enough of this nonsense. If Tyrone go and beat Kerry next year will yesterday have have been "an abberation"?
People are desperate to erase 2021 for some weird reason, even though we have beaten Kerry twice since then.

Tyrone fans are always very spiky when that game is mentioned but you should really take it as a back handed compliment. Yous won an AI against the grain and I'd always say fair play, thats worth more than any number of semi final or final appearances.

As for people tarring Armagh fans with one brush well boozed up idiots aren't exclusive to any particular county. There will always be a minority who just see it as a day out.

Angus MacGyver

The drunk Armagh crowd were bad enough but at least they were mostly confined to the Hill. Worse than them were the 5000 kids with those plastic fuckn hooters about the place. Jaysis the parents would want to wise up.
There was a Kerry woman beside us, you know the 'sow with  the litter' type, 4 young ones of 7 to 13 with her and them blowing hard all game, all half time, even in the second game. There was an old chap from Armagh just in front of them and the poor man was driven to distraction but stayed quiet.
You don't have to be drunk, or from Armagh, to be an annoying bollix at a match

AustinPowers

Quote from: marty34 on July 02, 2023, 12:05:46 PM
Quote from: Tubberman on July 02, 2023, 11:27:06 AM

A difference in good solid Armagh GAA fans at a league match on a cold day to the drunken scum on the bus on a big day out.

Every county has them on the big days unfortunately.

Yeah the  drunken louts won't be seen on a  freezing  Saturday night in the  league in  January , but they'll be there come the big  games in summer. The same in every county

GAA matches  nowadays moreso  have a lot more  of those going  because everybody seems to going/ talking about it , they have to be seen going , have  to post their tiktok videos to get likes/comments.  It's  the same at concerts now too.  Apparently. the things people do  just  to get noticed  /seen on social media  at concerts now is outrageous,