TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zulu

Search for Storyville on BBC iplayer, I just checked and it's still there along with other great documentaries.

bennydorano

What's it's official title in the Storyville series? I've looked numerous times for this & can't find it either.

bennydorano

Is it the one about death of Novelist Michael Peterson's wife?

leenie

You need to go to the a-z section in documentaries and go down to Storyville . You'll see there is 30 in that section and scroll down and you'll find it, it is in 8 episodes..

I would also recommend American justice which is on I player, 2 episodes in ,
I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

Tony Baloney

tyrone girl

Happy days  cos the storyville part i was seeing only seemed to be an actual show in itself rather than opening into a lot more. Didnt go through the A-Z so will try it tonight cheers.

Main Street

Probably I'm the only person I know that has plowed a furrow through the original Australian tv drama, Prisoner Cell Block H, all 695 episodes (a lighthouse keeper's luxury).
There's a more modern interpretation and up-scaled version of the basic theme called Wentworth Prison http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2433738/.
It's excellent,  no more does one have to endure sets falling apart, 'it's a wrap' single take scenes and actors/actresses turning up in later seasons in another role with a very fake looking mustache or wig.

tyrone girl

Loved the original but Wentworth is absolutely fab. One of the best series i have watched. Cant wait for the next series to come on.

Main Street

Quote from: tyrone girl on March 31, 2017, 04:18:52 PM
Loved the original but Wentworth is absolutely fab. One of the best series i have watched. Cant wait for the next series to come on.
It is excellent, but there can only be one Bea Smith, Lizzie, the Freak, anyone named Burke, last but not least, Rita Connors.

Tony Baloney

And the real name of the main character in Prison Break is Wentworth Miller.

laoislad

Quote from: Tony Baloney on March 31, 2017, 05:39:29 PM
And the real name of the main character in Prison Break is Wentworth Miller.
Prison Break is starting back next week!!!
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

tyrone girl

This is doing my head in. I can't find it on BBC iplayer. Is on my fone but not the tv

bennydorano

I still can't find it via the TV. Others watch it via the App?

tyrone girl

Found it benny. Go to search type in Storyville then it will bring u into lots of shows go to u see a thing with 8 episodes tho it doesn't say the name.

bennydorano

Quote from: bennydorano on March 31, 2017, 01:45:50 PM
Is it the one about death of Novelist Michael Peterson's wife?
It is this one ok. No Title on it if searching via TV