Books

Started by 5 Sams, June 09, 2007, 02:46:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Billys Boots

Quote from: Hardy on August 26, 2010, 03:21:39 PM
I'd never have believed in advance that the most compelling fictional character I'd come across in a decade would be a semi-autistic, bisexual, violent, body-pierced and multi-tattooed girl genius.

How would you not be drawn to a book about such a character?
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

Zapatista

I'd never have believed in advance that the most compelling fictional character I'd come across in a decade would be a semi-autistic, bisexual, violent, body-pierced and multi-tattooed girl genius.

Ahh f**k, way to ruin a great surprise >:(

:P

Hardy

Quote from: Billys Boots on August 26, 2010, 03:41:31 PM

Ah I dunno - wouldn't really be my home territory!

Quote from: Zapatista on August 26, 2010, 03:41:43 PM

Ahh f**k, way to ruin a great surprise >:(

:P

Don't worry Zap, no spoilers there.

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: Hardy on August 25, 2010, 09:07:08 PM
Yes - a great trilogy, excellently written. I haven't enjoyed a mystery thriller as much in a long time. Looking forward to the films as soon as herself has finished the books.

Agree with that, have read the first two and gonna start the third next week, can't wait. Saw the first Swedish film as well, decent effort but not as good as the book I thought, I suppose they rarely are.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Billys Boots

QuoteQuote from: Billys Boots on Today at 03:41:31 PM
Quote from: Hardy on Today at 03:21:39 PM

Ah I dunno - wouldn't really be my home territory!

You do hail from Bellewstown, right??
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

Hardy

I knew I was leaving my chin hanging out there.

Niall Quinn

And it all started so brightly for Harry Potter.
Back to the howling old owl in the woods, hunting the horny back toad

DoireGael

Anyone read 'How the GAA Survived the Troubles ' by Des Fahy? Much use?

Puckoon

Quote from: Niall Quinn on August 26, 2010, 04:21:24 PM

And it all started so brightly for Harry Potter.

:D.

Hardy has a fascination with tattoos. He just won't admit it. They're under his skin.

down6061689194

New book in the Dexter series. Dexter is Delicious.
If its like the others it will be great!

Zapatista

Girl With Dragon Tatoo.

Very good. I'm not usually one for crime thrillers but I liked this one. I think it will be a while before I pick up the sequel though, I could get end up tired of Salander which would be a shame. I will get round to them though.

Anyone book club members?

Cutting for Stone by Abraham Verghese is my next book, anyone read it?

http://www.amazon.com/Cutting-Stone-novel-Abraham-Verghese/dp/0375414495

Celt_Man

Just after finishing another Jack Reacher novel by Lee Child.  It was called Die Trying.  Another great read, very hard to put down.  definitely my favourite series of novels and Reacher is one cool fecker and my favourite character
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

quit yo jibbajabba

i know its been discussed on here before, but im only 4 chapters into paul mcgraths book, and ive already been shocked,horrified,astounded several times;

whats that oul sayin about walkin a mile in a mans shoes.....

Puckoon

Quote from: Celt_Man on September 03, 2010, 03:09:23 PM
Just after finishing another Jack Reacher novel by Lee Child.  It was called Die Trying.  Another great read, very hard to put down.  definitely my favourite series of novels and Reacher is one cool fecker and my favourite character

Reacher is a stud.

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.