Books

Started by 5 Sams, June 09, 2007, 02:46:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

longball

Quote from: SidelineKick on September 13, 2007, 07:30:36 PM
Quote from: longball on September 13, 2007, 01:26:26 PM

yea, thought if u had seen his standup a lot has appeared in his book! was good read. has ne1 read chris moyles book dunno if id fancy it.

i think it wud be great! u not like him? or maybe he'd be a bit much to listen to for a whole book!

i dont really like him, but find myself switching on to listen to him most mornings, think hes very much into himself which i cant stand, think its a bit like a car wreck i cant help but look!
Spotted any unladylike behaviour report within:
http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=13209.0

5 Sams

Half way through The Blair Years by Alaistair Campbell.

Anyone with the slightest interest in politics will enjoy this. Great behind the scenes look at how the UK was run by Blair.
The Aristocrat Years

Hurler on the Bitch

Ref: the Blair Years ... quite evident from reading them that Tony is currently pissing himself at Gordon's electoral situation...............

corn02

Any Stephen King fans? Starting to read some now, in the middle of IT, decent book if you like that genre.

Puckoon

Quote from: corn02 on October 08, 2007, 03:14:08 PM
Any Stephen King fans? Starting to read some now, in the middle of IT, decent book if you like that genre.

Some great books.
The dark side
Firestarter
Bag of bones

3 of my favourite king novels.

stephenite

Quote from: 5 Sams on October 08, 2007, 02:46:26 PM
Half way through The Blair Years by Alaistair Campbell.

Anyone with the slightest interest in politics will enjoy this. Great behind the scenes look at how the UK was run by Blair.

Yep, mentioned it on the last page - finished it a few weeks ago and really enjoyed it

bennydorano

Currently reading Gene Wilder's biography; To me, he's got a strange style of writing and it's putting me off a bit, but some great laughs as well though.

Gabriel_Hurl

working my way through this

Mentalman

Quote from: hardstation on October 09, 2007, 02:31:48 AM
Quote from: corn02 on October 08, 2007, 03:14:08 PM
Never read the book but it was a class film. Still scares the bejaysis out of me.

Great books and great films;
Stephen King - Misery
John Grisham - A Time to Kill
John Grisham - The Pelican Brief
Anything by John Grisham

Forgot to mention 'Caislean Oir' by Seamus Mac Grianna (Máire). Great book, crap ending though.
"Fuar fuar", arsa Séimí.
If only he had stayed at home with Babaí Mháirtín..............
...............What could have been......................

Seriously, I know it's often said, but the book is a million times better than the film. Movie is pants in comparison.
"Mr Treehorn treats objects like women man."

corn02

200 pages into  the IT book and it is excellent but I will watch the movie too. I suppose King is one of few novelists who have had films version surpass thier books i.e Shawshank and Green Mile.

Pangurban

Was in Easons in Newry yesterday and was amazes at the proliferation of G.A.A. orientated Books. Changed times indeed i thought to myself

Puckoon

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on October 09, 2007, 07:11:03 PM
working my way through this

Jesus Gabriel, thats a tough read. Ive started and quit numerous times. Does it get any better after the first 10 pages?

Windmill abu

Quote200 pages into  the IT book and it is excellent but I will watch the movie too. I suppose King is one of few novelists who have had films version surpass thier books i.e Shawshank and Green Mile.

Apart from "Dolores Clairbourne", "Misery" and the "Dead Zone" the film adaptations of Stephen King Novels have rarely lived up to the original.

The Shawshank Redemption & The Green Mile are both feel good movies,which despite being good movies, dont live up to the original stories and are untypical of King books.

Has anyone who says that Shawshank the movie is better than the book actually read the book

"It" was an overly long book and a rubbish movie.

As a Tv mini series "Salems Lot" wasn't a bad adaptaion for its time.
Never underestimate the power of complaining

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: Puckoon on October 10, 2007, 01:31:13 AM
g228.imageshack.us/img228/1963/irishdt7.jpg[/img]

Jesus Gabriel, thats a tough read. Ive started and quit numerous times. Does it get any better after the first 10 pages?
[/quote]

I'm just after finishing the ancient Rome bit

Puckoon

Maybe I need to try it one more time... :-\