Dublin vs Monaghan, Saturday 5th August @ 6pm

Started by straightred, July 30, 2017, 08:38:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zulu

Quote from: The Trap on August 05, 2017, 06:41:37 PM
Take off the blinkers Zulu Dublin do it as well as you will see in semi final.

Nonsense. If you play conventional they will too. I heard the same rubbish at Donegal's peak - both teams are at it, complete rubbish. Dublin can leave a sweeper because the other team drop so many back and the rest of the defence just hold their position. Tyrone play utter muck football, two sweepers, for the love of Jesus! Can we not play football anymore?

on the sideline

Quote from: Zulu on August 05, 2017, 06:40:18 PM
This is very poor. Football is my game but you'd have to say it's becoming increasingly difficult to watch. It's the best game in the world when played right but pulling 13/14 players back is a busted flush so why Monaghan, Tyrone and many others continue to do it is beyond me. Put at least 4 forwards up and you have a chance, playing 6 up is actually the way to go but teams aren't prepared to do it anymore.

I agree totally. Used to love watching any game I could, but this kind of stuff is horrendous. From Tyrone, but glad I didn't make the trip down to see these 2 walkovers. I guess the championship starts at the semi-finals  :-\

Zulu

Quote from: Syferus on August 05, 2017, 06:42:09 PM
This is very poor. Football is my game but you'd have to say it's becoming increasingly difficult to watch. It's the best game in the world when played right but pulling 13/14 players back is a busted flush so why Monaghan, Tyrone and many others continue to do it is beyond me. Put at least 4 forwards up and you have a chance, playing 6 up is actually the way to go but teams aren't prepared to do it anymore.

Your own county had just as many back there in that first half do I really don't know what you're talking about. Difference is they have the conditioning and coaching that means they can break from defence much faster and finish opportunities.

Sufferus, I've explained that in a previous post. Your sad attempts to paint me as a Dub reflects badly on you but sure you could say that about all your posts.

Syferus

Quote from: Zulu on August 05, 2017, 06:46:57 PM

Your own county had just as many back there in that first half do I really don't know what you're talking about. Difference is they have the conditioning and coaching that means they can break from defence much faster and finish opportunities.

Sufferus, I've explained that in a previous post. Your sad attempts to paint me as a Dub reflects badly on you but sure you could say that about all your posts.

You painted yourself as a Dublin apologist and supporter - it's why people don't take your unending praise of them and their advantages seriously anymore.

screenexile

gallsman

Quote from: screenexile on August 05, 2017, 06:50:18 PM
f**k off Johnny Cooper!!

Yeah, he was a bit of sap in that incident with McManus.

gwan-ye-boy-ya

O Rourke making a balls of it again. Should of had a go from the start.

Shamrock Shore

seafoid

So only one décent quarterfinal. I suppose no other match had a narrative to beat Ballagh man plays for Mayo.
The GAA seems to have a problem with its Product.

The Trap

What are you on about Zulu? Dublin just much better than most other teams. Hopefully tyrone can give them a game because if not then most of it all is pointless.
As i said earlier why would people continue to go to this. I don't know how dub supporters be bothered with this.....

didlyi

The 'Super 8's' will be an insult to all that is super.

straightred

Quote from: gallsman on August 05, 2017, 06:52:36 PM
Quote from: screenexile on August 05, 2017, 06:50:18 PM
f**k off Johnny Cooper!!

Yeah, he was a bit of sap in that incident with McManus.

Poor form but I blame lane. He's having a shocker

Zulu

Quote from: Syferus on August 05, 2017, 06:48:51 PM
Quote from: Zulu on August 05, 2017, 06:46:57 PM

You painted yourself as a Dublin apologist and supporter - it's why people don't take your unending praise of them and their advantages seriously anymore.

Stop making a fool of yourself. You've been shown up as an arrogant know nothing so many times I don't know why you still post so much.

I'm not a Dub and would love to see Roscommon, Mayo or Monaghan win the All Ireland this year. I do however, love to watch the Dubs play football and unlike you I can both accept they have some unfair advantages but also some natural ones that feeds their dominance. You've no sensible alternative suggestions to what we have but that's no surprise as you and sense are not good bedfellows.

Zulu

Quote from: The Trap on August 05, 2017, 06:55:33 PM
What are you on about Zulu? Dublin just much better than most other teams. Hopefully tyrone can give them a game because if not then most of it all is pointless.
As i said earlier why would people continue to go to this. I don't know how dub supporters be bothered with this.....

If Tyrone play football they've a chance, if they continue to play 14 behind the ball they've no chance. Can't understand why you're playing the way you could get just as far playing football.

Blowitupref

A sell out crowd has become less than half for this 2nd half.  Dublin goal! Dublin 1-13 Monaghan 0-5
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose