Muineacháin v Fear Manach

Started by Maguire01, April 27, 2008, 02:47:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bingobus

I know that by paying for a ticket I am contributing to the CB, be it ticketmaster or Monaghan. They will get their cut. The ticket is marked 15 but i would have to pay 17. Why, like the shop, do they just mark the ticket 17 and have it standard across every county that they is a 2 contribution to a team training fund or team holiday?

GrandMasterFlash

Quote from: bingobus on April 30, 2008, 12:59:57 PM
This is the same county board who was charging coaches €50 to attend a Foundation level coaching course this year, given by their coaches. So for me to go out and promote their game, send my time learning to be a better coach for the games benefit, I would have had to pay for that privlige or get my club to pay it. Did it cost them anything to run this course? No, lets make money on the coaches.

Was a proportion of this €50 not to pay for promotional equipment supplied by none other than Dermot McArdle, whom you might know??  ;)

bingobus

Quote from: GrandMasterFlash on May 01, 2008, 09:09:03 AM
This is the same county board who was charging coaches €50 to attend a Foundation level coaching course this year, given by their coaches. So for me to go out and promote their game, send my time learning to be a better coach for the games benefit, I would have had to pay for that privlige or get my club to pay it. Did it cost them anything to run this course? No, lets make money on the coaches.

Was a proportion of this €50 not to pay for promotional equipment supplied by none other than Dermot McArdle, whom you might know??  ;)

I'm sure O'Neills, Mr Bib maker, Mr Cone maker and the ESB all supplied equipment for the session and other sessions. Who supplied what is irrelevant. If they wanted to buy it, use their own funds to buy it. Will this mean that nexts years course will be free, as the equipment is in place and paid for this year?

GrandMasterFlash

Quote from: bingobus on May 01, 2008, 10:07:02 AM
Quote from: GrandMasterFlash on May 01, 2008, 09:09:03 AM

I'm sure O'Neills, Mr Bib maker, Mr Cone maker and the ESB all supplied equipment for the session and other sessions. Who supplied what is irrelevant. If they wanted to buy it, use their own funds to buy it. Will this mean that nexts years course will be free, as the equipment is in place and paid for this year?

Not if he has any sense and sells it under license... It being a software product I'd imagine that'd be the case!

thebandit

I would agree totally that it is outlandish to charge €50 for the foundation course (and €100 for the level 1 course). You'd think they'd be trying to promote coaching with free courses. I asked recently when was there going to be a first aid course and I was almost laughed at.

timmyot501

The revamped Enniskillen - is there terracing along one side of the field or is it a case of a covered stand down one side and an uncovered seated stand on the other side? 

FermPundit

Quote from: timmyot501 on May 12, 2008, 03:23:22 PM
The revamped Enniskillen - is there terracing along one side of the field or is it a case of a covered stand down one side and an uncovered seated stand on the other side? 

Yep, you're correct. The John Vesey stand is covered whereas the stand opposite is seated but not covered. Terracing exists behind both goals.

I was in Brewster Park on Friday night when Enniskillen Gaels played their first league game back at their home ground and I must say the stadium is looking mighty impressive. The new pitch is superb, probably the best in Ulster. It is a perfect setting for an Ulster Championship tie!
We'll win Ulster some day, not sure when.

Maguire01

So, it appears to be all-ticket?

FermPundit

Quote from: Maguire01 on May 12, 2008, 06:56:33 PM

I don't think it has been officially announced but it appears it will be.
We'll win Ulster some day, not sure when.

Maguire01

I just picked up that someone on HoganStand even had prices.

thebandit

Quote from: Maguire01 on May 12, 2008, 06:56:33 PM

Our club members have been told to order tickets, presuming it is all ticket

FarneyMan

Fermanagh boys any truth to the rumour that Shane Lyons broke his jaw in club match at the weekend ?  As im guessing he was to fill in for Barry Owens, whats the next option, move McCluskey back ?  Maybe even start Paddy Mohan (Brookeboro), heard he was showing well lately !?

As for our own chances, can anyone shed any light on Gary McQuaid, has he recovered from the operation yet ?  And also any chance of Rory Woods missing out, he got a straight red card in a weekend championship match !?

ExiledGael

Haven't heard about Lyons, and there's been a bit in the papers about Fermanagh this week with no mention of it. Hope it's not true as he's the full-back as it stands.
No chance of McCluskey being moved back, especially with, in all likelihood, Vinny Corey?Ray Ronaghan in there under a torrent of high ball. He'll be left in control at centre-half. Mohan had a decent league but didn't get a look in during the league. Could see McDermott in there as he has done in the past, but he's struggling with a knee injury. Apparently McGrath has a hamstring injury and even Murphy now has a knee injury. Doesn't sound good, but hopefully O'Rourke is spinning a few lines.
McQuaid would be a serious loss to Monaghan. Possibly their best, and most underrated, performer last year.
Can't recall the last time that Monaghan beat Fermanagh in League or Championship, does anyone know?
We've had quite a record againt them in recent years, even beating them in Clontibret and Scotstown in the League.

Maguire01

Quote from: ExiledGael on May 13, 2008, 06:49:26 PM
Can't recall the last time that Monaghan beat Fermanagh in League or Championship, does anyone know?
We've had quite a record againt them in recent years, even beating them in Clontibret and Scotstown in the League.

Not league or Championship, but we hammered Fermanagh in the 2007 McKenna Cup in sunny Irvinestown - not that that means a lot, but i think it's the last time we met.

donelli

Quote from: FarneyMan on May 13, 2008, 04:14:37 PM
Fermanagh boys any truth to the rumour that Shane Lyons broke his jaw in club match at the weekend ?  As im guessing he was to fill in for Barry Owens, whats the next option, move McCluskey back ?  Maybe even start Paddy Mohan (Brookeboro), heard he was showing well lately !?

As for our own chances, can anyone shed any light on Gary McQuaid, has he recovered from the operation yet ?  And also any chance of Rory Woods missing out, he got a straight red card in a weekend championship match !?

according to the standard last week, mcquaid played corner back the weekend before last.

last time i recall beating fermanagh in the championship was in brewster park 2001.