FAI...June 2024 Friendlies v Hungary and Portugal

Started by Cúig huaire, November 19, 2009, 01:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

illdecide

You lads think we play terrible football...

Germany goalkeeper Manuel Neuer praises the Scotland fans for applauding his team at Hampden last week but feels the Republic of Ireland are a better team to watch. Neuer thinks Scotland played "kick and rush" football in the second half of their Euro qualifier in Glasgow. (Sun on Sunday)

Fill your boots lads we're better than you think ;)
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

ballinaman

Denn Forever

How soon will he disappear from international football?
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

AZOffaly

What is the over/under for his amount of senior caps? 20?

ballinaman

Quote from: Denn Forever on September 28, 2015, 01:30:46 PM
How soon will he disappear from international football?
Lee Hendrie from Villa got 1 cap for England. Something similar maybe with Grealish.

rodney trotter

Bound to feature in the upcoming Euro Qualifers with England, with them already qualified.

If he had of made up his mind last season when he was playing well he would probaly have a few England caps by now.

deiseach

I'm sure the OWCers will join us in lamenting the rules that allow him to be poached after the investment we made in him at underage level.

Shamrock Shore

Jack being fecked out of my car boot this evening  >:(

AZOffaly

Quote from: deiseach on September 28, 2015, 01:41:46 PM
I'm sure the OWCers will join us in lamenting the rules that allow him to be poached after the investment we made in him at underage level.

I had the same thought :) Hard to complain too much :)

gallsman

Quote from: AZOffaly on September 28, 2015, 01:45:20 PM

I had the same thought :) Hard to complain too much :)

Hard? Impossible!

Tony will no doubt find a reason though!

ashman

The OWCers have a better ranking than the 26 county team.

AZOffaly

This is a historical reference ashman. In the olden days, the OWC guys used to go apeshit when yet another nationalist youngster who had played underage/schoolboys with NI declared for ROI. They got short shrift here :)

mouview

Quote from: ballinaman on September 28, 2015, 01:17:29 PM
Grealish declaring for England. Boo earns

He's dead right. Irish claims for him largely nonsensical - his father wasn't even born here. Much higher profile being an England international, will boost future earnings and contract negotiations.

AZOffaly

Will he be an England international though? (an established international I mean)  I have no problem with him declaring for England if he feels English. If it's for commercial reasons, it might backfire though.

deiseach

Quote from: AZOffaly on September 28, 2015, 02:10:15 PM
This is a historical reference ashman. In the olden days, the OWC guys used to go apeshit when yet another nationalist youngster who had played underage/schoolboys with NI declared for ROI. They got short shrift here :)

In other news, Tony Fearon once booked a 'bargain' hotel in Dublin on the third Sunday in September when the football final was being played on the fourth Sunday.