FAI...June 2024 Friendlies v Hungary and Portugal

Started by CĂșig huaire, November 19, 2009, 01:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jonah

Stilk makes no sense for you to mention Ipswich drawing with Barnsley at the weekend  ;D seems to me you will defend Keane no matter what.He can do no wrong.
Fair play at least you're consistent though you are exactly the same as the ones you complain about having a go at Keane no matter what  ;D

The more i think abouy it the more i think it's great he's back. Fun times ahead if this thread is anything to go by.!

muppet

Quote from: Jonah on November 04, 2013, 10:21:17 AM
Stilk makes no sense for you to mention Ipswich drawing with Barnsley at the weekend  ;D seems to me you will defend Keane no matter what.He can do no wrong.
Fair play at least you're consistent though you are exactly the same as the ones you complain about having a go at Keane no matter what  ;D

The more i think abouy it the more i think it's great he's back. Fun times ahead if this thread is anything to go by.!

The reason I mention the Ipswich players is that were are hardly a bunch of successes were they? Also a quick Google shows they didn't all criticise him. Daryll Murphy who is still there and scored against Barnsley, was happy with him: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/i/ipswich_town/8559310.stm
MWWSI 2017

Jonah

Quote from: muppet on November 04, 2013, 10:33:51 AM

The reason I mention the Ipswich players is that were are hardly a bunch of successes were they? Also a quick Google shows they didn't all criticise him. Daryll Murphy who is still there and scored against Barnsley, was happy with him: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/i/ipswich_town/8559310.stm

What does it matter if Ipswich are any good or not? Expecially now 2 years later! It was a silly point muppet end of.

Daryll Murphy was just happy to be at a club I'd say. Didnt he sign him at Sunderland as well? He'll probably be starting for Ireland now Keaneo is back! No other manager seems to want him.
It's funny how you use Ipswich players being no good to dismiss their opinions on Keane but then use a player like Murphy to try and prove you're point!  Murphy is a real world beater alright!

muppet

Quote from: Jonah on November 04, 2013, 10:37:26 AM

What does it matter if Ipswich are any good or not? Expecially now 2 years later! It was a silly point muppet end of.

Daryll Murphy was just happy to be at a club I'd say. Didnt he sign him at Sunderland as well? He'll probably be starting for Ireland now Keaneo is back! No other manager seems to want him.
It's funny how you use Ipswich players being no good to dismiss their opinions on Keane but then use a player like Murphy to try and prove you're point!  Murphy is a real world beater alright!

You said: "The Ipswich players hadn't a good word to say about him".

You didn't say: 'a few of the Ipswich players'. I mentioned Murphy to prove you wrong.

I mentioned Barnsley to show where the Ipswich players were in the greater scheme of things. They blamed their manager. They were crap before Keane, they were crap after Keane and they are still at best mediocre. Yes I accept Keane did nothing to improve them, but the players should consider taking some responsibility for their lowly position instead of giving out about the manager.

Looking back at the posts to be fair I should have expanded on that point.
MWWSI 2017

screenexile

I was actually starting to read that article seriously until I read this bit:

"It's only a matter of time before he starts banging in goals"

Daryl Murphy on David Healy

Premier Emperor

Quote from: Jonah on November 04, 2013, 09:32:43 AM
Quote from: Premier Emperor on November 04, 2013, 09:25:45 AM
Quote from: laoislad on November 03, 2013, 10:11:05 PM
I can't wait to see Keano going ape shit at the Aviva some night when we're 3 down against Holland and the fans are still singing.
Why would fans still be singing when the team is getting tanked?
Loser mentality.

Were they not entitled to do what they want after spending a fortune to get there?
It was a football match not a funeral ffs. ::) So what if they were losing,as a Tipp man I suppose you only sing when you're winning...which is very rare nowadays :D
Keane was totally wrong saying what he did.I hope he apologies if he takes this No.2 job.
Yes, everyone is entitled to be stupid if they want.

Fuzzman

Have only read the last 2 pages but am surprised people are discussing Roy's failures with his previous clubs.
What is really surprising is what is going through MON's mind when he thought Roy would make a good No 2.
Is it because they have become pals over the years and he respects Roy's knowledge of the game.

The main thing I thought ye would be all discussing is how will Roy impact on the players.
Already most of the players are suffering from a lack of belief in themselves as Trapper Tony has removed all confidence in the players and changed the whole psyche of playing for Ireland. Players used to enjoy leaving their clubs and coming to play in an Ireland team with great team spirit where their efforts would be appreciated. As we saw too often in the last few years Trap undermined players confidence even more and got them scared to even make a pass.
I can't see how having Roy there will improve this side of things unless Roy himself changes HUGELY under Martin.

I wonder how John O'Shea for one feels about Roy coming back into the fold. I'd say he'll happily retire now.
Maybe MON feels Roy will help put the fire into some of their bellies again. I heard somewhere that Martin has lost a little of the enthusiasm that he used to be renowned for.
With both of them playing under Clough at Forest then maybe they will both work together well and have us playing like Forest back in 1979 & 80 when the retained the European cup

Still can't believe he's 61.

ballinaman

Lots of lads here unable to move on by the looks of it.

O'Neill is the manager, Roy Keane is not the manager. People getting far too hung up on Keano.

Next competitive game will be September of next year, lots of time for them to put their stamp on things.

Looking forward to Friday week now.

Applesisapples

A career as Ireland's manager, a bit like politics is doomed to end in failure. But it can be fun at the start and maybe even through the middle. When Keane walked out on the team in Saipan I like a lot of fans at the time in my mind sided with McCarthy, the performances in spite of the loss of Keane reinforced that view. Recently when it's come up, I've tended to think that for someone like Keane to walk away from what would have been the pinnacle of his career was actually a courageous thing to do, knowing that it would likely draw the ire of at least half the country. Whether things were as bad as he said, I don't know but surely he desreves the benefit of the doubt. What he can bring to the table for Ireland is that drive for success, passion and honesty. He is always going to divide opinion on his character as much as O'Neill unites people on his...A dream team? Lets see.

Fuzzman

Most players don't play well under pressure of making a mistake or under fear.

rodney trotter

I think with MON in charge now, the flow of players from the North declaring for the Republic will increase.
Ryan McLaughin - Liverpool would be one.

Jonah

Quote from: rodney trotter on November 04, 2013, 01:44:17 PM
I think with MON in charge now, the flow of players from the North declaring for the Republic will increase.

Is he someone who would want to play for ROI?

rodney trotter

Quote from: Jonah on November 04, 2013, 01:50:11 PM
Quote from: rodney trotter on November 04, 2013, 01:44:17 PM

Is he someone who would want to play for ROI?

He doesn't want to be selected for Northern Ireland, so possibly yeah

Under Lights

Badly need a striker out of somewhere. Can we get anyone on the grandparent rule?

Connor Wickham is one I am sure has an Irish Father.

BennyCake

Quote from: Under Lights on November 04, 2013, 01:57:28 PM
Badly need a striker out of somewhere. Can we get anyone on the grandparent rule?

Connor Wickham is one I am sure has an Irish Father.

Because his name is Connor? Thousands of Brits have kids of that name these days.